SO..... Anyone install a lift kit yet? Pictures Please

Does anyone with the 6” BDS know if the dirt logic coilovers will work? I’m tired of waiting on Fox and/or Bilstein. I may call fabtech tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know but to start if you could get full length of the coil over then you could tell if it’s long enough.

There’s always Icon :) unless you don’t want them for whatever reason.

Love my Icon coilovers with the BDS kit.

I don’t know but to start if you could get full length of the coil over then you could tell if it’s long enough.

There’s always Icon default_smile.png unless you don’t want them for whatever reason.

Love my Icon coilovers with the BDS kit.

I was actually waiting to hear how you liked yours. Last we talked you hadn’t installed yet.

I was actually waiting to hear how you liked yours. Last we talked you hadn’t installed yet.

My bad! Yeah took me forever to install them but finally did!

So far I’m very happy with them. I opted for the CDCV so adjustable damping which is cool. But I’m very pleased with them. They ride great and soak up bumps really well. The stock suspension was a little bouncy, like it would bounce a couple/few times before settling in over a speed bump. The Icons just soak it up and settle in right away.

I’m still playing with the settings but they are easy to adjust with the turn of a knob :)
  • Like 1

My bad! Yeah took me forever to install them but finally did!

So far I’m very happy with them. I opted for the CDCV so adjustable damping which is cool. But I’m very pleased with them. They ride great and soak up bumps really well. The stock suspension was a little bouncy, like it would bounce a couple/few times before settling in over a speed bump. The Icons just soak it up and settle in right away.

I’m still playing with the settings but they are easy to adjust with the turn of a knob default_smile.png

I emailed icon and they basically told me I can’t order direct. I’ll have to get a local shop to do it. I still have your part numbers I think.

I emailed icon and they basically told me I can’t order direct. I’ll have to get a local shop to do it. I still have your part numbers I think.

Yup that’s how it was for me too. I worked with them directly on the exact specs, then they created those part numbers I gave you specifically to what we talked about. Then you just order those part numbers through any Icon distributor.

Btw, I ended up having the same shop who did my lift install the coilovers and UCA’s, everything installed without any issues and aligned properly etc.

Yup that’s how it was for me too. I worked with them directly on the exact specs, then they created those part numbers I gave you specifically to what we talked about. Then you just order those part numbers through any Icon distributor.

Btw, I ended up having the same shop who did my lift install the coilovers and UCA’s, everything installed without any issues and aligned properly etc.

Were the UCA necessary or personal preference? I don’t plan to jump this thing. I swore I wouldn’t go down this road again when I got rid of my duramax.

Were the UCA necessary or personal preference? I don’t plan to jump this thing. I swore I wouldn’t go down this road again when I got rid of my duramax.

Haha right!? I know what you mean.

UCA’s are not required at all, honestly for my purpose it’s purely aesthetics haha. The only off-road a little trail here and there driving up to the mountain or going camping etc, very tame!

But damn it looks good ha!
c3256cf73d92a725ae680cbd4b3f7b3b.jpg
  • Like 3

I am definitely a form follows function guy. I wanted a fast dirt road truck that wasn't too over the top for the street. I wasn't going to do an upgrade unless it helped the truck in terms of functionality.

I went with the Baja Kits Chase kit (Baja Kits Control arms, BK's King 2.5 Remote reservoir coilovers, BK's rear remote reservoirs and 35/12.5/17 KO2s). About 3in in front and nothing in rear. Adding a 1" of lift in rear via Deavers/block.

Incredible ride for sure. The quality of Baja Kits and King stuff is just over the top. Customer service is top notch as well over at Brenthal/Baja Kits. 

Btw, Wheels are bronze Method MR312 in 17s. Super dirty so hard to tell in this photo. Thanks for looking and have a blessed week! 

20190804_121754.jpg

20190724_180837.jpg

Edited by foxcoupefan
  • Like 4

I am definitely a form follows function guy. I wanted a fast dirt road truck that wasn't too over the top for the street. I wasn't going to do an upgrade unless it helped the truck in terms of functionality.

I went with the Baja Kits Chase kit (Baja Kits Control arms, BK's King 2.5 Remote reservoir coilovers, BK's rear remote reservoirs and 35/12.5/17 KO2s). About 3in in front and nothing in rear. Adding a 1" of lift in rear via Deavers/block.

Incredible ride for sure. The quality of Baja Kits and King stuff is just over the top. Customer service is top notch as well over at Brenthal/Baja Kits. 

Btw, Wheels are bronze Method MR312 in 17s. Super dirty so hard to tell in this photo. Thanks for looking and have a blessed week! 
20190804_121754.thumb.jpg.4b1ab1c1952dc2d1384b5cb875ec5fa7.jpg
20190724_180837.thumb.jpg.54a6dce499105cbbf8c515acfa861a58.jpg

Looks great for sure and has a good stance with those tires.

I have 35’s with a 6” lift but personally, especially with these big trucks, I think 37’s are a perfect look with a 6” lift. Had 37’s on my last truck (tundra) but just don’t want to deal with regearing, even more mpg loss and all that comes with 37’s.