SO..... Anyone install a lift kit yet? Pictures Please

I've been waiting for my custom Icon coilovers for a few months now and they finally arrived yesterday! I'll be installing them hopefully shortly after I figure out how I can lift the truck high enough to put on jack stands :) The rear was easy since I could lift it from a central low point (the rear diff).

I'd really rather not pay a shop to do it since it's a fairly easy swap and I have all the tools I'd need. Just need a hydraulic lift hahaha. 

Stoked to put these on!IMG_0026.thumb.jpg.826f9ec381c294198afc3fa24bb66cf1.jpg

• Like 5

I've been waiting for my custom Icon coilovers for a few months now and they finally arrived yesterday! I'll be installing them hopefully shortly after I figure out how I can lift the truck high enough to put on jack stands [emoji4] The rear was easy since I could lift it from a central low point (the rear diff).

I'd really rather not pay a shop to do it since it's a fairly easy swap and I have all the tools I'd need. Just need a hydraulic lift hahaha. 

Stoked to put these on!IMG_0026.thumb.jpg.826f9ec381c294198afc3fa24bb66cf1.jpg

Those are going to look awesome.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mikedeezxxx said:

Truck looks great. I’m gonna be squeezing some 37’s on my 2016 w Pro Comp 6” lift soon. Hope it’s as easy as just trimming the stuff you did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not my truck. Just some info I came across for you T1 owners/members :thumbs:

I am in the midst of raising/investing in two great kids. Once they are out of the nest I will invest in a new toy such as the above for me :)

CST has a Coilover kit out.

https://cstsuspension.com/2019-1500-2wd-p-u/385-csk-g52-1-2019-gm-1500-2-4wd-stage-1-system.html

I asked them about AT4/TB?  They said if you add just coilovers it will raise the front by 1.5", which would level the AT4/TB.

https://cstsuspension.com/2019-1500-2wd-p-u/380-dirt-series-25-coil-overs-2019-gm-1500-2-4wd-1-35.html

On my 2013 GMC 1500 I run CST coilover with 1" blocks in back.  No problems with over 20,000 miles, ride is way better than stock.  On the dirt it will swallow up high speed bumps, on the road it will rally corners.  

When I get my AT4 i'm going CST coilovers with 34/35 BFG KO2.  Now Fuel just needs to come out with wheels that will clear calipers.

• Like 1

CST has a Coilover kit out.
https://cstsuspension.com/2019-1500-2wd-p-u/385-csk-g52-1-2019-gm-1500-2-4wd-stage-1-system.html

I asked them about AT4/TB?  They said if you add just coilovers it will raise the front by 1.5", which would level the AT4/TB.
https://cstsuspension.com/2019-1500-2wd-p-u/380-dirt-series-25-coil-overs-2019-gm-1500-2-4wd-1-35.html

On my 2013 GMC 1500 I run CST coilover with 1" blocks in back.  No problems with over 20,000 miles, ride is way better than stock.  On the dirt it will swallow up high speed bumps, on the road it will rally corners.  

When I get my AT4 i'm going CST coilovers with 34/35 BFG KO2.  Now Fuel just needs to come out with wheels that will clear calipers.

Thanks for the links to the CST Coilovers. I was interested in the Icon Stage 2 kit for my RST but I’ve read a lot of good things about CST. Anybody have any experience with CST vs Icon? I’ve also heard good things with Icon’s products but also that their customer service isn’t the greatest/friendliest.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m new to this. So forgive me if this is a stupid question

i have the custom trailboss. So from my understanding a 1 1/2 spacer in the front will level it. 

Could I get a 3 1/2 spacer for the front and a 2 inch block in the back for a 4 inch lift.   Will this work?  

Would it ride awful? 

Thanks for any help 

i have the custom trailboss. So from my understanding a 1 1/2 spacer in the front will level it. 

Could I get a 3 1/2 spacer for the front and a 2 inch block in the back for a 4 inch lift.   Will this work?  

Would it ride awful? 

Thanks for any help 

Your Trail boss already has a 2" lift on it so if you ad a 3.5" spacer you would be at 5.5" of lift in the front. I dont think the suspension has enough travel in it to make this work and even if it did the ride would be terrible and it would wear out your ball joints, cv's and tie rod ends very fast.

In my opinion I would not add anything more than the 1.5" spacer to the front. If you want to go higher you will need to purchase an actual lift from a company like BDS or fabtech.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dctackett10 said:

Would it ride awful? 

Thanks for any help 

A 1.5" spacer will level your Trailboss.  If you want to keep the rake, you could add a larger block and u bolts to the rear.  However, if you want to lift the truck any higher you will have to get a full suspension lift kit.  You cannot put a larger spacer on the front like that without new suspension components to adjust for the new height difference.  There is currently only a 4" lift kit available for the Trailboss.  This kit adds on to the 2 inch stock lift for a total height of 6 inches.  You would need the entire kit to perform this lift not just the spacers.

On 5/6/2019 at 3:13 PM, NKHex19 said:

Thanks for the links to the CST Coilovers. I was interested in the Icon Stage 2 kit for my RST but I’ve read a lot of good things about CST. Anybody have any experience with CST vs Icon? I’ve also heard good things with Icon’s products but also that their customer service isn’t the greatest/friendliest.

Also wondering about how they compare. Looks to me like Icon rear shocks provide lift vs CST need a rear block even with shocks?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Treehugger said:

Also wondering about how they compare. Looks to me like Icon rear shocks provide lift vs CST need a rear block even with shocks?

the rear shocks themselves don't, and can't, provide any lift at all. They are only meant for damping and don't support vehicle weight :) Just to clear that up so there aren't confusions. The front is a whole different design since it's a strut, not a shock. 

Rear shocks can be made to support different heights such as if you see a description say it supports a 1-3" lift, it just means the length of the shock is long enough to be able to fit it, but doesn't mean it will provide any lift whatsoever. 

For the rear, the lift is usually supplied by adding a block, adding a leaf spring or complete new leaf pack, and/or adding a longer/shorter shackle.

With all that being said, I'm not familiar with CST but I've used a few different models of Icon stuff on this truck and my last truck (Tundra) and they are pretty amazing. They also have different levels which offer different levels of performance, especially their adjustable shocks!

For me personally, I've had excellent support and customer service from Icon. they were more than helpful building my custom setup for this truck and getting the right measurements etc. 

• Like 2

Finally the truck is back on the road. 

-6 inch fabtech 
-35/12.5r22
-Minor metal trimming 

59szrn.jpg
abjbqr.jpg
2u7x6va.jpg

Beautiful truck! I’m close to pulling the trigger on a Denali that I want to look just like yours. I don’t know what to do about suspension yet though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1