SO..... Anyone install a lift kit yet? Pictures Please

On 5/16/2020 at 12:43 AM, Chambo said:

Finally got it installed. Took us legit 17 hours. First timers... now I know it’s worth the cost to have it done. 

BDS 4”

OE Replica 22”

35” Ridge Grapplers 

no rub.

E11C67B1-AB02-4A00-BA52-35372059A221.jpeg

F1CB9996-BA94-48DE-B87E-D55753E19F2A.jpeg

So, I'm 700 or so miles in and this has been a nightmare. I don't even like to drive my truck anymore. BDS claimed that 4" would allow for 35x12.5 would fit. I have 35x12.5-22s installed with the 4" lift. I claimed no rub because I didn't have any. After my first alignment (there have been three and it's still not right) I immediately noticed some rubbing... and I'm talking about 40%-60% turn frontwards and reverse was worse. I thought the alignment shop may have done something, so I explained the issue, along with the fact that the toe was still very very wrong. He took it back in, on the other side of the second alignment, same issues all the way around. Found another shop and had the third alignment. the numbers say it's aligned correctly, but the steering wheel is still off, and it still has a weird feel... and the rubbing continues. I feel like it's not as bad in drive, but reverse I'm so damn limited in range that I don't even back out of parking spots anymore. I have to ensure I can drive through them or the lane is wide. 

I said all of that to ask... is this a BDS issue? Should I call and complain? I LOVE the ride aside from the rubbing. And it looks amazing.

So, I'm 700 or so miles in and this has been a nightmare. I don't even like to drive my truck anymore. BDS claimed that 4" would allow for 35x12.5 would fit. I have 35x12.5-22s installed with the 4" lift. I claimed no rub because I didn't have any. After my first alignment (there have been three and it's still not right) I immediately noticed some rubbing... and I'm talking about 40%-60% turn frontwards and reverse was worse. I thought the alignment shop may have done something, so I explained the issue, along with the fact that the toe was still very very wrong. He took it back in, on the other side of the second alignment, same issues all the way around. Found another shop and had the third alignment. the numbers say it's aligned correctly, but the steering wheel is still off, and it still has a weird feel... and the rubbing continues. I feel like it's not as bad in drive, but reverse I'm so damn limited in range that I don't even back out of parking spots anymore. I have to ensure I can drive through them or the lane is wide. 

I said all of that to ask... is this a BDS issue? Should I call and complain? I LOVE the ride aside from the rubbing. And it looks amazing.

How much offset are you running? Clearing 35s on 4” will require you to stay very close to factory offset and backspacing. You should definitely call BDS. Also upload some pictures, BDS may want to see them too. Is the shop you’re using familiar with lifted trucks?

Are you a TrailBoss? If so, then it’s much more likely somethings not right considering you’re really at about 6” lift.

I’m planning to run 34s on 4” (SLT thought so truly just 4”), but I’ve acknowledged that unless I run the recommended backspacing I’m going to need to do some trimming and “clearancing”.

I’ve had much worse issues bro, just be patient you’ll figure it out. Can you post pics of where you’re rubbing and where in the sweep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much offset are you running? Clearing 35s on 4” will require you to stay very close to factory offset and backspacing. You should definitely call BDS. Also upload some pictures, BDS may want to see them too. Is the shop you’re using familiar with lifted trucks?

Are you a TrailBoss? If so, then it’s much more likely somethings not right considering you’re really at about 6” lift.

I’m planning to run 34s on 4” (SLT thought so truly just 4”), but I’ve acknowledged that unless I run the recommended backspacing I’m going to need to do some trimming and “clearancing”.

I’ve had much worse issues bro, just be patient you’ll figure it out. Can you post pics of where you’re rubbing and where in the sweep?

[edit] oops wrong forum, below info is incorrect. I follow the 1500 and HD forums haha. Yeah 4” would be pushing it!!

I have the 3/2 leveling kit running basically 35x13 on a 22x10 wheel with a minus -18 offset with no rubbing. Minor trimming of course but it’s for sure minor.

These trucks fit 35’s pretty well

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Anakalypto said:

I’m running OE Replica 22”x9s. They’re Chevy/GMC 22s. I’m really not sure what the offset is, but the backspacing is 1/4” or so from the caliper. 

the first shop I used is a local joint, seemed quite confident. Didn’t love their result. Second is a large chair place. They did a great job explaining everything. Off by a minor amount on steering wheel alignment.

its just an RST, no trail boss. I’ll get photos of rubbing issues and clearances tomorrow. 

On 6/12/2020 at 8:08 PM, Chambo said:

When a lift company claims that a certain size tire “will” fit take it as a general statement because there are so many variables involved, so complaining to BDS won’t help you. 

If you want the look of a bigger tire but don’t

want to rub you need to trim the places you’re  rubbing. If you don’t want to trim the places you’re rubbing you need a bigger lift or smaller tires. 

On 5/29/2020 at 1:42 PM, Jeffnrivercity said:

6" BDS ARC lift with Ridge Grapplers 35x12.50x22s on stock wheels

20200523_082157_resized.jpg

20200522_165819_resized.jpg

Did you have to change out the suspension? I have been wanting to put the AT4 lift on my denali and the dealers have said they can't and won't do it because of the suspension. 

• 1 year later...
On 3/30/2019 at 6:36 PM, yankeedoodle86 said:

00da75dfa9534bf921f0b595d94b9a09.jpg69253a4cb2e153632b3ff099d452a333.jpgd425450d6c6ee2ee75c5a5b57bbadbb1.jpg

2019 RST Z71
6” BDS lift
35x12.50r20 Mickey Thompson MTZ p3
Factory wheels (no spacers)
20% ceramic tint over factory
Rhino bed liner
Bakflip MX4 bed cover

Hey yankeedoodle…how did you achieve this set up with stock wheels?  I’m being told I can’t do 6 inch lift and stay stock wheels, with no spacers.  Great looking truck!