SO..... Anyone install a lift kit yet? Pictures Please

10 minutes ago, yankeedoodle86 said:

I have the BDS NX2 on my truck so Fox isn’t the only option. Fox is their “upgrade”. I live in south LA and we have terrible roads and I find the truck rides just like it did stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would hope for over 4K that the truck would ride better than stock... no offense, I just think we have a different perception/opinion on overall quality and truck application.

Edited by TheTicketTX
  • Like 1

bds runs 2.0 fox rears in all their kits. Hit bumps of decent size at more than 30 mph and let me know... lol

front coilovers are fine. If I was getting a bds kit I’d wait till fox releases the new 2.5’s For 19-20 models instead of custom fitted 2.5’s from The 2007-2018 models. Also, they’ll be releasing their new 2.5 rears as well for the 19-20 year models (I’m assuming they’ll be an option in future bds kits... at least I hope so at the price point)

I have the BDS NX2 on my truck so Fox isn’t the only option. Fox is their “upgrade”. I live in south LA and we have terrible roads and I find the truck rides just like it did stock.

I would hope for over 4K that the truck would ride better than stock... no offense, I just think we have a different perception on overall quality and truck application.

Find a coilover lift for cheaper that has the same quality. It sounds like you’re a dude with a truck that’s looking for a car ride. I didn’t see your truck in the thread. What are you running?

Just now, yankeedoodle86 said:

Find a coilover lift for cheaper that has the same quality. It sounds like you’re a dude with a truck that’s looking for a car ride. I didn’t see your truck in the thread. What are you running?

kings 2.5 front and rears with comp adjusters, and Deaver rear leaf springs, all custom tuned, on a 2019 TB LT.

cost the same as the fully loaded bds. Driven in both, noticeable difference. If I was only in it for looks and running back country roads I’d probably go bds. But since I’m going prerunner, I’d need upgraded rears over what bds has to offer.

• Like 1

kings 2.5 front and rears with comp adjusters, and Deaver rear leaf springs, all custom tuned, on a 2019 TB LT.

cost the same as the fully loaded bds. Driven in both, noticeable difference. If I was only in it for looks and running back country roads I’d probably go bds. But since I’m going prerunner, I’d need upgraded rears over what bds has to offer.

I had a similar setup in my Duramax and paid way too much for it. Pre runner use changes the whole game for sure, BDS ain’t made for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy2895 said:

I don't know if the wheel well for the Sierra's are different from the Silverado's, but you can run 35s with just a 4" BDS. I saw 4.5" of lift and have no rubbing issues and didn't have to trim. I did however go 35x11.5 and not the usual 35x12.5 but BDS claims you can clear them too. I just don't like too wide a tire. This is all on stock 20's of course. Hope that helps. This is the second time i go with a 4" lift; it's the ideal lift for me. 

Thank very much! I’m thinking of switching to an aftermarket wheel, but nothing too aggressive. I’m not a fan of wheels poked way out. An inch past the fender is good for me. I’m looking at some Fuel 20x9 Contras, +1 offset, 5” backspace, running a 35x12.50 Toyo MT

Running the 4” BDS, from everything I read I think my SLT will clear them with just a little whittling

Edited by Anakalypto
clarification

2 hours ago, superhighsierra said:

FWIW my post was in reference to this truck not the other one lol but hey to each his own:

64717620_ScreenShot2020-03-08at6_22_21PM.thumb.png.a947ec6ef911630745d46a52d964c940.png

The 4" lift, stuffed 35's, and factory rims is the cleanest I have seen any of these trucks. Too much wheelwell and ride quality/performance loss with these other lifts IMO. But again, to each his own. Just hadn't seen anyone with a 4" lift on here until the past week or two...

this one is more my taste, lol

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2020 at 9:20 PM, Roy2895 said:

2019 Silverado

4" BDS

35x11.5 Ridge Grapplers

20200112_134243.thumb.jpg.72c7ae6ae05133defcbd6a4b73f4ac26.jpg

I’m assuming zero rub or trimming on this? Ordered OE replica 22” for my ‘19 RST. Hoping to wrap them in 35x11.5 and not have to trim. 4” BDS would be installed before wheel and tire add on.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got it installed. Took us legit 17 hours. First timers... now I know it’s worth the cost to have it done. 

BDS 4”

OE Replica 22”

35” Ridge Grapplers 

no rub.

E11C67B1-AB02-4A00-BA52-35372059A221.jpeg

F1CB9996-BA94-48DE-B87E-D55753E19F2A.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2020 at 9:32 PM, Chambo said:

I’m assuming zero rub or trimming on this? Ordered OE replica 22” for my ‘19 RST. Hoping to wrap them in 35x11.5 and not have to trim. 4” BDS would be installed before wheel and tire add on.

Correct, no rub at all. Zero trimming done. 

On 3/8/2020 at 7:33 PM, TheTicketTX said:

Any lifts like "BDS," "Zone (same co as BDS," RC, etc.) where you aren't converting to longer (and higher quality) struts/coilovers are only good if you want a mall princess. The only reason you would put a lift like that  on your truck is if you care about form over function. No quicker way to make your truck drive like $hit than to stick a 6"+ lift on it. And it doesn't even look good. All these guys running way offset wheels, have a massive gap in their wheel well, and have crappy china made aftermarket rims because they couldn't run the stock offset. I'll say it til I'm blue in the face, "THE ENTIRE 'CUSTOM TRUCK' WORLD IS MOVING AWAY FROM LIFTED NON-FUNCTIONAL TRUCK TO 'OFF-ROAD BAJA-STYLE' TRUCKS. Go look at Sema. Pretty soon these people are going to realize they spent 5-10k to put inferior suspension components, harsher riding wheels and their trucks look like $hit. But again to each his own. 

It kills me that people want an "aggressive looking truck" and spend the 10k on stuff that just makes it look and ride, bad. Subtlety and proportions are your friend. Go look at any other vehicle platforms and look at the most aggressive looking vehicles on there. Nobody is running 6-8" lifts with wheels/tires poked out a foot, big diameter wheels with tiny tires, two feet of wheel well lol, etc. Bunch of:

sheep GIF

IMO...

On 3/8/2020 at 7:42 PM, yankeedoodle86 said:

I had a similar setup in my Duramax and paid way too much for it. Pre runner use changes the whole game for sure, BDS ain’t made for that.

The term 'prerunner' was derived from the guys that would go out and scout out desert races before the trophy trucks would race. It literally just means that you want your truck to be able to go anywhere over any different terrain. Again, this is where the whole truck industry is headed, and for good reason. The 'truck guys' are just a little late to the party.

I would say it's function over form, but the prerunner trucks look better anyways. I don't know how the roller-skate look every became a thing anyway. It's like hey, "Ive got a great idea, let's spend 10 grand to make our truck ride like $hit, ruin the functionality of any 'truck functions', put tons of pressure on a bunch of auxiliary components of the truck, and on top of that it will look extra whack." 

On 3/8/2020 at 8:21 PM, Anakalypto said:

Thank very much! I’m thinking of switching to an aftermarket wheel, but nothing too aggressive. I’m not a fan of wheels poked way out. An inch past the fender is good for me. I’m looking at some Fuel 20x9 Contras, +1 offset, 5” backspace, running a 35x12.50 Toyo MT

Running the 4” BDS, from everything I read I think my SLT will clear them with just a little whittling

Hub-centric wheel spacers are your friend. Unless you like aftermarket wheels (which are inferior to 20 & 22" OEM wheels in every way unless you spend the big bucks) you are better off running wheel spacers. Most people on here are rather clueless which is why you don't see it being done, but that is the move. 

On 3/8/2020 at 9:01 PM, Roy2895 said:

Here you go. 

1389567994_ScreenshotMillie.thumb.JPG.10f2a43dd0fbb2c21d5903e3274d3bc9.JPG

One of the better looking trucks on this site. Would probably look even better with 1" wheel spacers...

Also a great example of how more tire make it not only ride better, but look better as well. The smaller the diameter of the wheel and the more tire the more aggressive it is going to look as well. 

On 5/16/2020 at 1:43 AM, Chambo said:

Finally got it installed. Took us legit 17 hours. First timers... now I know it’s worth the cost to have it done. 

BDS 4”

OE Replica 22”

35” Ridge Grapplers 

no rub.

E11C67B1-AB02-4A00-BA52-35372059A221.jpeg

F1CB9996-BA94-48DE-B87E-D55753E19F2A.jpeg

Worth it to do it yourself IMO. 17 hours is a long time and it should take closer to 10 but at the end of the day you know everything is torqued to spec and it was put on the right way. People always do a better job when it is "your $hit." You'd be surprised how uninformed/incompetent a lot of mechanics are as well. I'll always work on my stuff vs have someone else do it even if it doesn't save me that much money, because I know it will be done right. 

Congrats man, you have the satisfaction of knowing you did it every time you look at it, looks good.

Edited by superhighsierra