SO..... Anyone install a lift kit yet? Pictures Please

9 hours ago, Astrik TV said:

Oh perfect thanks so much for the quick response. Been looking all over because that factor decides what wheels and tires I get ?

He is correct it does a sit the same as s 6” lift. Be aware though the tire sizes that the manual says will clear it will not without our lots of trimming and removing the bracket behind the front wheel well liner. I can send pictures if needed. 

was at dealership yesterday for service work and walked around lot....the TB wheels do look kinda small on the truck, think they should have went a bit taller and wider to fill it out better.....I didn't notice it before but yesterday I really did

can you fit a bigger tire in stock TB?

On 2/2/2020 at 10:33 AM, Swiftks said:

So I have a LT Trail Boss as well, with the same level kit (1.5" Rough Country), and was thinking about getting the same tire in the same exact size.... Great minds must think alike.

I do have 1.25" BORA spacers, as I was concerned about how close wider tires would be to the upper control arms.  How close are your inner side wall to the upper control arms?

Also, at full lock how close are they to rubbing?  I know you said you have no rub right now, which is good, so its got me wondering if I could fit a 35x12.50 (really 34.5"x12.50). So about a 1/4" taller and 1/2" wider than the 295/70s.  If you can could you take a pic at full lock... You think the extra height/width would fit.... Maybe with the spacers I have on???  Thanks for the pics.

that is how they should come from factory, looks a lot more proportionate.....wheels fit body much better

Ready Lift SST leveling kit for AT4/Trail Boss - 1.5" in front and about 0.5" in back to level truck off.  Includes new upper control arm for the front to retain factory geometry.

Max tire zie for this kit - AT4 305 / 55 / 20 - Trail Boss - 295 / 65 / 20 - per Ready Lift - I still have stock 275 /65 / 18's that came on my truck .

Before and after photos 

IMG_8517.thumb.JPG.a2cbf6a3ba0e0913542876db12358da7.JPG610637760_LeveledTruck.thumb.jpg.f78160af86ffe0dc95d36b2da9fe85d6.jpg

1306991748_Methods1.thumb.JPG.cb55f8749df4625801514b7a8e1b197c.JPG

Edited by Supercup
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got my Fox coilovers for my BDS 6” installed today. Definitely an improvement over stock struts with the spacer. I live in a rural area with crappy roads and I immediately noticed the “jarring” from the bigger road patches is gone. Handling isn’t so spongy anymore either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2020 at 10:20 PM, Roy2895 said:

2019 Silverado

4" BDS

35x11.5 Ridge Grapplers

20200112_134243.thumb.jpg.72c7ae6ae05133defcbd6a4b73f4ac26.jpg

This is a classy truck, sir!  I hope to achieve a similar look with mine.  I have been struggling with making a decision on a 4" or 6" lift.  This is a convincing argument to go with a 4".  (all comments opinionated of course)

24 minutes ago, Shick1K9 said:

Yep...  McGaughy’s 7-10...  with Cognito upper control arms.  She’s big.  26x14 TIS on 37 Fury’s. Got a few more things that have not arrived that will be installed. 

Insane. Very cool. What else do you have planned?

5 minutes ago, Recneps said:

Insane. Very cool. What else do you have planned?

I purchased a Bodyguard A2L bumper about a month ago...  I‘M still waiting on it.  It will be color matched with 4 cubes (Two on each side) and a 30 inch light bar.  It’s my first build.  Thought I’d go bananas on it.  So far so good.  It rides much smoother than I anticipated.  I’ve heard the horror stories. But it’s extremely solid and doesn’t float like it did in stock form. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BackWoodsLivn said:

This is a classy truck, sir!  I hope to achieve a similar look with mine.  I have been struggling with making a decision on a 4" or 6" lift.  This is a convincing argument to go with a 4".  (all comments opinionated of course)

Yessir that is the look right there. To each his own, but that looks like how they should come off the line. e

• Like 2

Hey guys - new to the board. All of 6 days in with my new SLT. I’ve been researching long before I bought the truck on lifts. Having trouble with one thing though...

Can the Sierra really clear a 35 with the 4” BDS lift? And a 37 with the 6” lift? I’ve seen lots of Silverados, but the wheel wells are a little different.

Obviously wheel and tire combo is a huge factor, but the BDS website seems to claim it can be done. I’d love to clear 35s with just a 4” bump. I’m coming off a Silverado on 38s, and I figure the older I get the less I can climb! LOL

On 12/3/2019 at 3:54 PM, lapoolboy said:

If you would run a more positive offset wheel instead you can run 35's on a 4" lift without having to remove stuff and hack up your new truck.

Are you talking for an AT4? I see folks saying you can clear a 35 with the right wheel, but it’s not clear to me if they mean on an AT4 (so 6” higher than a factory SLT), or a 4” lift on a SLT...

These factory lifts have totally confused the convo for me when trying to figure out what guys have been able to do