SO..... Anyone install a lift kit yet? Pictures Please

The wait is over! FINALLY it seems that all of the manufacturers have released their lift kits. So besides the 2” GM lift, who out there has put a RC lift or Procomp, or BDS or fabtech on their new truck yet?

Would love to see pics as well please.

• Like 1

The wait is over! FINALLY it seems that all of the manufacturers have released their lift kits. So besides the 2” GM lift, who out there has put a RC lift or Procomp, or BDS or fabtech on their new truck yet?

Would love to see pics as well please.

These guys have. Check out their Instagram.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I may be biased since I have a Silverado, however I think the Silverado looks better lifted from what I have seen than the Sierra.
Post pics. I think you're not wrong, but I haven't seen pics.

1 hour ago, KA0S said:

Post pics. I think you're not wrong, but I haven't seen pics.

So here are two pictures...

The 1st is the Silverado that BDS built for SEMA

The 2nd is Rough Country’s Silverado

B272CD9E-43FF-4C5E-AA0B-062663FA0327.jpeg

6704F973-D4F5-4AA8-BA61-445D30547647.jpeg

• Like 2

So here are two pictures...

The 1st is the Silverado that BDS built for SEMA

The 2nd is Rough Country’s Silverado
B272CD9E-43FF-4C5E-AA0B-062663FA0327.thumb.jpeg.14686e6606c0fca69483752abe2f8fe1.jpeg
6704F973-D4F5-4AA8-BA61-445D30547647.thumb.jpeg.5fc2417189aa56340368ada0c841e6aa.jpeg
Round wheel wells are nice for sure. But the Sierra has had non-rounded for a while now.

I prefer round I think as well.

So no forum members with a lift yet?
I'm guessing not.

Apparently the BDS 6" lift is NOT for the AT4 or Trail Boss....

I just found that out yesterday while browsing the BDS site.

3 hours ago, KA0S said:

Apparently the BDS 6" lift is NOT for the AT4 or Trail Boss....

The reason why these companies say “not for Trail Boss or At4” is because they think people are going to stack them with the 2” they already have. Technically it just won’t fit if you have magneride which is only a GMC thing I believe. 

If if you have a Trail Boss and are willing to take away the GM 2” lift components, then add the 6” lift then sure, why couldn’t you do it? It’s liability on their part saying you can’t. Trust me, people would try to stack them to get a 8” lift.

The reason why these companies say “not for Trail Boss or At4” is because they think people are going to stack them with the 2” they already have. Technically it just won’t fit if you have magneride which is only a GMC thing I believe. 

If if you have a Trail Boss and are willing to take away the GM 2” lift components, then add the 6” lift then sure, why couldn’t you do it? It’s liability on their part saying you can’t. Trust me, people would try to stack them to get a 8” lift.

I was just doing some research on this yesterday and assumed the same thing you mentioned, at least with all the currently available 6” lifts, they all say will NOT work with AT4/Trail Boss. They all seem to pretty much achieve the lift with an extended knuckle as well as a spacer atop the strut, then for the rear it’s just a block.

I read somewhere on here that the trail boss achieves its front lift with an extended strut, if that’s true then the suspension companies would need to fab a separate strut spacer. Or better yet, just get a replacement Coilover at the appropriate length and no spacer.

The rear would be easy, just remove the factory block and install the new one.

I’d imagine pretty soon we’ll start seeing replacement Coilover options from Fox, Icon, etc.

This is just what I’ve gathered so may not all be 100% correct.

100% people would lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just doing some research on this yesterday and assumed the same thing you mentioned, at least with all the currently available 6” lifts, they all say will NOT work with AT4/Trail Boss. They all seem to pretty much achieve the lift with an extended knuckle as well as a spacer atop the strut, then for the rear it’s just a block.

I read somewhere on here that the trail boss achieves its front lift with an extended strut, if that’s true then the suspension companies would need to fab a separate strut spacer. Or better yet, just get a replacement Coilover at the appropriate length and no spacer.
The rear would be easy, just remove the factory block and install the new one.

I’d imagine pretty soon we’ll start seeing replacement Coilover options from Fox, Icon, etc.

This is just what I’ve gathered so may not all be 100% correct.
Icon has their suspension stuff out for the 2019s. Just saw it on their website.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk