SO..... Anyone install a lift kit yet? Pictures Please

Good info here on the BDS kit:

I’m definitely impressed with the fact that (Finally!) the track width hasn’t been widened worsening the turning radius too. I’d like the skid plates to be aluminum (optional) due to rust issues from scrapes and chipping from debris as well as all parts have added gloss protection like CST Lifts added and not just the powder coated. Always available you can just add cost to custom paint parts for better sheen. Looks great though!

Sent from above

I’m definitely impressed with the fact that (Finally!) the track width hasn’t been widened worsening the turning radius too. I’d like the skid plates to be aluminum (optional) due to rust issues from scrapes and chipping from debris as well as all parts have added gloss protection like CST Lifts added and not just the powder coated. Always available you can just add cost to custom paint parts for better sheen. Looks great though!

Sent from above

CSTs kit is just painted and cleared instead of PCd correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSTs kit is just painted and cleared instead of PCd correct?

Powder coated and painted. What I really love about CST is their build quality, the full welds and added gussets for even more reinforcement. I’ve not physically seen the new 19 kit just picks and if it’s more than welding plates together meaning adding gussets for reinforcement then I’d really look at a BDS kit as well. BDS did good though with not widening their track width, wonder on turning stop radius if it’s improved too.

Sent from above

Powder coated and painted. What I really love about CST is their build quality, the full welds and added gussets for even more reinforcement. I’ve not physically seen the new 19 kit just picks and if it’s more than welding plates together meaning adding gussets for reinforcement then I’d really look at a BDS kit as well. BDS did good though with not widening their track width, wonder on turning stop radius if it’s improved too.

Sent from above

My superlifts on my 05 and 08 were also painted and cleared and started to rust within 2 winters. I’ve seen CST kits up close and personal. My buddy has a blown 5.3L with a CST with front and rear resi’s on Welds. His truck is not a DD, but if it was, it would be showing signs of rust just like mine lol. My friend had a 10-12” Cognito (which is considerably more than cst) on his Sierra (DD), that too started to rust. Regardless of quality, no undercarriage is holding up to NE winters.

• Like 1

My superlifts on my 05 and 08 were also painted and cleared and started to rust within 2 winters. I’ve seen CST kits up close and personal. My buddy has a blown 5.3L with a CST with front and rear resi’s on Welds. His truck is not a DD, but if it was, it would be showing signs of rust just like mine lol. My friend had a 10-12” Cognito (which is considerably more than cst) on his Sierra (DD), that too started to rust. Regardless of quality, no undercarriage is holding up to NE winters.

Absolutely agree with you there. We use special pricey alkaline paint on ships helping to reduce rusting from sea water and air, should be something available at least as an option for truck owners in snow country. But, then the lift companies would definitely lose sales from replacement parts if they weren’t deteriorating from the elements.

Sent from above

quick shot, excited and frustrated! BDS 6" lift is basically complete however BDS supplied two different tie rod ends and one is too short to align properly so a little disappointed about that (C'mon BDS, you're better than this). They told the shop they sent out a correct one ASAP next day air so it better arrive tomorrow so they can finish aligning it and I can take it home. We tried calling them before they left for the day to confirm but was just put on hold until close, not cool.

I went to go look at it due to the long wait and excitement so snapped a few quick shots, SUPER happy with how she looks now. The shop doing the install (4 Wheel Parts) has been amazing and very helpful, aside from the tie rod issue they are very happy with the kit and the install. Should be another month for my custom spec Icon suspension to arrive so I can get rid of the large strut spacer BDS supplies and have a proper coilover :)

BDS 6" Lift

Wheels: Dropstars 654BM, 22x10, -25 offset

Tires: Cooper Discoverer STT Pro, 325/50/22 (which is essentially a 35x13.0r22)

IMG_1764.jpeg

IMG_1766.jpeg

• Like 6

I'm jealous, I love a lifted truck, too bad that I'm getting too old to deal with getting in and out of it. I've had a few trucks in my time running 44" Boggers! Miss those days.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
quick shot, excited and frustrated! BDS 6" lift is basically complete however BDS supplied two different tie rod ends and one is too short to align properly so a little disappointed about that (C'mon BDS, you're better than this). They told the shop they sent out a correct one ASAP next day air so it better arrive tomorrow so they can finish aligning it and I can take it home. We tried calling them before they left for the day to confirm but was just put on hold until close, not cool.

I went to go look at it due to the long wait and excitement so snapped a few quick shots, SUPER happy with how she looks now. The shop doing the install (4 Wheel Parts) has been amazing and very helpful, aside from the tie rod issue they are very happy with the kit and the install. Should be another month for my custom spec Icon suspension to arrive so I can get rid of the large strut spacer BDS supplies and have a proper coilover [emoji4]

BDS 6" Lift
Wheels: Dropstars 654BM, 22x10, -25 offset
Tires: Cooper Discoverer STT Pro, 325/50/22 (which is essentially a 35x13.0r22)

IMG_1764.thumb.jpeg.c9d4b293d9ce1329c44e544b5f9e71f8.jpeg
IMG_1766.thumb.jpeg.058d2f1ab292c3333171670694592ae2.jpeg

Looks amazing. My BDS is being installed next week. How’s the fuel mileage and gearing since the 35’s?

Looks amazing. My BDS is being installed next week. How’s the fuel mileage and gearing since the 35’s?

Thanks! And the BDS kit is great, the shop that did the install had zero complaints as well

It actually still feels pretty good with the 35’s, this 8spd tranny handles it well, I haven’t noticed it hunting for gears or anything like that.

Fuel mileage obviously took a little hit, maybe a couple mpg? A lot of my driving is slower light to light, my office is only 10 min away so with all of that I’m around 12mpg. If I hit the hwy I feel it’s pretty good, I don’t see the fuel dropping like I did on my Tundra haha

I keep wanting to do some longer hwy drives and monitor the mpg for that.

I've had the standard BDS kit installed for a couple weeks now, months ago I had placed an order for some custom Icon suspension goodies and they are finally starting to arrive.

Billet UCA's and custom spec rear shocks have arrived, estimated about 3 more weeks for my custom spec coilovers to finish being built, woohoo!

IMG_1952.jpeg

I've had the standard BDS kit installed for a couple weeks now, months ago I had placed an order for some custom Icon suspension goodies and they are finally starting to arrive.

Billet UCA's and custom spec rear shocks have arrived, estimated about 3 more weeks for my custom spec coilovers to finish being built, woohoo!

IMG_1952.thumb.jpeg.901c7094bcc66ea63c4514ceeba3e561.jpeg
How did you do the custom sizes? Did you go directly through Icon or did you use a dealer?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, JR09country said:

How did you do the custom sizes? Did you go directly through Icon or did you use a dealer?

A little of both. I originally started working directly with Icon on exactly what I want, lengths etc. Once we had all the numbers finalized they gave me a "Custom Build #", these are essentially part #'s for my specific build.

Then I just give those part numbers to a distributor to actually place the order, you can't order the custom stuff directly through Icon. It was easy enough though, I did it through 4 Wheel Parts which is who installed my lift too. I worked with 4WP on verifying some of the measurements as well. 

A little of both. I originally started working directly with Icon on exactly what I want, lengths etc. Once we had all the numbers finalized they gave me a "Custom Build #", these are essentially part #'s for my specific build.

Then I just give those part numbers to a distributor to actually place the order, you can't order the custom stuff directly through Icon. It was easy enough though, I did it through 4 Wheel Parts which is who installed my lift too. I worked with 4WP on verifying some of the measurements as well. 
That's good to know. I didn't know they would do custom lengths like that. Can't wait to see them on your truck.