84095551 Battery Distribution/Fuse Block

Got an error "service charging system".  After some testing it appears the "mega fuse (175a Littelfuse) PN 84095551 is what is bad.   (2018 Silverado 1500).  I cant find one anywhere.   GMpartsdirect.com says 84460795 "replaces".  I have had mixed luck with this site... some stuff WAY off.   However, I cant find the part anywhere else.   I know I can take it to dealer on Monday (NYE) but my fear is they will not have a loaner for me and I NEED the truck/vehicle Monday night/Tuesday.    Anyone familiar with this part?  Pic below

Screen Shot 2018-12-30 at 1.35.57 AM.png

Had cover open and my magnetic light fell and made contact with metal and post.   (I know... STUPID).  the odds oaf hitting post and metal at same time (angle) are slim.    Lotto tickets purchased soon after.

• 1 year later...
On 12/30/2018 at 9:39 AM, Rukus said:

Had cover open and my magnetic light fell and made contact with metal and post.   (I know... STUPID).  the odds oaf hitting post and metal at same time (angle) are slim.    Lotto tickets purchased soon after.

Had the same thang happen to me..  any help on how to resolve this issue? 

• 2 months later...

I had the same happen to me... but in my case I had the plastic cover to the battery power distribution box (also referred to as a fuse box) because I was curious on how to get the battery out (that was prior to actually looking at a YouTube video on replacing the battery).  Anyhow, the terminal nut was corroded and the bolt snapped when I tried to remove it and, of course, the socket wrench fell right on one of the terminals in the box followed immediately by a nice spark and NSFW commentary by me.

Turns out it's actually pretty easy to replace.  I could not find this replacement part at ANY auto parts store but did find it at some GM Parts Direct stores for anywhere from $56 to $75, but longer shipping times (unless you pay overnight shipping). Then I called one of our local Chevy dealers and they had the part in-stock for $86.  Wife picked it up on her way home from work and I had the old one out and new one in in under 20 minutes - truck started up like a champ! 

In my case (2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 WT) the description on the GM Parts Direct (and other, similar sites) was "Fuse Box - GM (84354716)".  I gave that number to the parts department and they verified it was the right one for my truck.  Even if your truck is different, they can probably use that as a guide to find the right part for yours.

WARNING - the part I got did not include the cover for the box as I thought it would.  Luckily I saved mine - be sure to save yours as well as you don't want to leave that open to the elements.

• 2 years later...
On 10/12/2020 at 3:47 PM, oopsinwisc said:

I had the same happen to me... but in my case I had the plastic cover to the battery power distribution box (also referred to as a fuse box) because I was curious on how to get the battery out (that was prior to actually looking at a YouTube video on replacing the battery).  Anyhow, the terminal nut was corroded and the bolt snapped when I tried to remove it and, of course, the socket wrench fell right on one of the terminals in the box followed immediately by a nice spark and NSFW commentary by me.

Turns out it's actually pretty easy to replace.  I could not find this replacement part at ANY auto parts store but did find it at some GM Parts Direct stores for anywhere from $56 to $75, but longer shipping times (unless you pay overnight shipping). Then I called one of our local Chevy dealers and they had the part in-stock for $86.  Wife picked it up on her way home from work and I had the old one out and new one in in under 20 minutes - truck started up like a champ! 

In my case (2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 WT) the description on the GM Parts Direct (and other, similar sites) was "Fuse Box - GM (84354716)".  I gave that number to the parts department and they verified it was the right one for my truck.  Even if your truck is different, they can probably use that as a guide to find the right part for yours.

WARNING - the part I got did not include the cover for the box as I thought it would.  Luckily I saved mine - be sure to save yours as well as you don't want to leave that open to the elements.

Hey Oop

2 hours ago, Jeanne King said:

Hey Oopsknwisc…it sounds like we have the same issue you had…bought the part GM 84354716…distribution fuse block and are about to replace it.  Our truck has 5 posts and the replacement one only has 4 so one of the post holes is empty.  The 4th one.  We’ve verified that this the the correct part and they say they have redesigned it.  My problem is no clue what to do with the empty post as I need to feed the cord to something !  Did you have this issue?

94D5FB72-B614-4151-B3FE-A9C139E962D7.jpeg

B5B2127B-1C45-4216-AFA5-6CE067EB44BF.jpeg

Take a look at this one. I checked for my 2016 Crew Cab 5.3 and the 84354716 was listed along with 84219289. When I plugged in the particulars, it said the 84354716 was wrong but 84219289 was the correct one...

https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm-block-asm-bat-distribution-eng-compt-fuse-84219289.html

Here it is at gmonlineparts and looks like the one you want

https://www.gmpartsonline.net/oem-parts/gm-battery-distribution-engine-compartment-fuse-block-84219289

Maybe not, it still looks different from yours...

Edited by mikeyk101

• 1 month later...
On 12/30/2018 at 1:36 AM, Rukus said:

Got an error "service charging system".  After some testing it appears the "mega fuse (175a Littelfuse) PN 84095551 is what is bad.   (2018 Silverado 1500).  I cant find one anywhere.   GMpartsdirect.com says 84460795 "replaces".  I have had mixed luck with this site... some stuff WAY off.   However, I cant find the part anywhere else.   I know I can take it to dealer on Monday (NYE) but my fear is they will not have a loaner for me and I NEED the truck/vehicle Monday night/Tuesday.    Anyone familiar with this part?  Pic below

Screen Shot 2018-12-30 at 1.35.57 AM.png

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 12/20/2022 at 3:01 PM, Jeanne King said:

94D5FB72-B614-4151-B3FE-A9C139E962D7.jpeg

B5B2127B-1C45-4216-AFA5-6CE067EB44BF.jpeg

Hi I just received my new fuse plate/box and it’s missing the same stud also. Wondering what you did? I’m wondering if it’s a good or bad idea to take the one I’m missing out of the stock one and put it into the new one. Should be good right!?? Thank you 

Edited by Larry Ruelas

5 hours ago, Larry Ruelas said:

Hi I just received my new fuse plate/box and it’s missing the same stud also. Wondering what you did? I’m wondering if it’s a good or bad idea to take the one I’m missing out of the stock one and put it into the new one. Should be good right!?? Thank you 

It appears that you ordered 84354716. Why did you not order 84219289 that has the proper configuration that it seems you need? Adding a stud may or may not work. Here is 84219289

Screenshot_20231116_052208_Brave.thumb.jpg.93fa30f173a317ee988f77223f67c63a.jpg

Edited by mikeyk101