I just recently purchase a 2019 custom Trailboss - it comes with these Tires LT275/65R18C MT BLACKWALL GOODYEAR WRANGLER DURATRAC (STD) - I noticed there seems to be lots of road noise even at lower speeds - I've never owned a vehicle with tires like this and have read reviews that they are quite noisy - even at slower speeds - just wondering what other owners say 

I have owned Duratracs before and have about 75,000 miles under my belt with them.  They are great in snow and rain and awesome off road as well.  They hum a little when new and get much, MUCH louder as they wear.  I still had tread left on mine after the 75,000 miles, believe it or not, but I couldn't stand the noise anymore nor the "knobby tire bump" (as my wife called it) at very low speeds. My tires cupped quite a bit causing the rough ride.  If you don't like the noise now,  you will hate it later, lol.

Great traction though especially if you hit some trails.

Edited by Limelight
spelling
  • Thanks 1

I sell tires.  They're loud for what they are but it's fairly normal from all terrain tires.  There are quieter ones out there for sure.  I am switching out for BFG K02's soon.  

Edited by Leevon

• 11 months later...

I have a 2019 trailboss and I'm religious on tire rotation.. I have the factory duratracs on and the noise is ridiculous now at 22000 miles... The howl and hum is crazy and I have to crank the radio ..lol.   I'm at the dealer now ..the tires are chopping causing the noise.  They are just going to rotate the front to the rear and see if it needs alignment... I wont be getting these tires when its time to get new ones.  Holy moly louddddddd.  Especially when going from 50-60 coming off the highway.     So you know guys!!! 

I only run my DruaTrac's in the fall and winter. I run standard tires the rest of the time.

They are only going to get louder but they are great when I have the truck up north in the fall what we drive on at the end of our hunting trip are only called roads ha ha.