Posted (edited)

2017 Duramax get back in after driving it will not start turn the key dash lights come on but will not start (no click) takes about an hour then it will start has left me stranded six times since last summer. GM can’t find anything wrong (no codes) they return it does it again very frustrating. Anyone heard of this ?

Edited by Flyingwhiskey

Take a video of it next time it won’t start.  Call the dealer and request a tow.  Show the dealer the video.  Tell them you will pick it up when it is fixed. Contact GM and open up a case on the issue.

Had a 08 grand Cherokee did the same thing. Dealer could never fix it. Traded it in . I feel you pain.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bad Switch?

Did you happen to try a jump after it didnt start? Its possible the dsah could light up but not enough battery strength to turn over.  

All ready done the Video showed them they weren’t to interested. Battery’s are fine because it does start after sitting. The trouble is GM won’t throw parts at it because they don’t get paid for them unless they can prove a problem with said part. I might get my Lawyer to send GM a letter explaining the liability I almost froze to death one night when it wouldn’t start had to go into a store to warm up. 

Flying whiskey- You need to tel us more. Does it click when you turn the key- crank slow or not at all.

Document this all.

The starting circuit is seperate because of the amps. Is it happening with BOTH keys?

Back in the day it was sometimes the switch on trans gear shifter not detecting it was in park or neutral. 

Wiggling the shifter while holding the key would sometimes do it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Huntere
      So I have recently purchased a Range AFM disabler for my 2017 Silverado 1500 E-assist because of the constant stopping and starting at stop lights, exhaust drone from V4, weird shifting from V4 to V8 and my transmission liking to jerk/shifting hard every so often.

After installing the Range device, it has solved my transmission issues, disabled stopping and starting at stop lights, and has been keeping it in V8 mode 24/7! The only thing I have noticed is that when I am decelerating from a speed of around 50 MPH or more, the engine will have a fast repetitive backfiring popping sound until i either get back on the gas pedal or have reached a speed of 35 MPH.

It seems to happen when i am decelerating slowly and not fast, starts to backfire when it starts to downshift at around 900-1100 RPMs
      I have a flowmaster Super40 cat-back dual 2.5 inch exhaust with the third "cat" still on. It used to not backfire when the AFM was active BUT when decelerating, it would switch back into V4 mode. is there a way to fix this? Is there too much freeflowing exhaust? Can this backfiring through the exhaust cause any damage if left unfixed?

Thanks,
      -Hunter
    • By Bear1688
      I have some items/ parts I no longer require or desire. Would love to get them out of my garage. 

Everything is off a 2016 Silverado 1500 Z71 LT Crew Cab Short Bed.

- Bed caps 

- Headlights (no harness) 

Continued:

• By SSDingles
      Hi everyone,

New to the forum but have been doing all types of research so i don't mess this up.  I have a 2017 Denaili 1500 with the ultimate package 22" wheels.  Of course i already dented and have had my rims fixed because the weak sidewall size of the 285/45 tires and i love the Grappler 2 look when you put 285/55 tires on this truck.  I noticed some companies offer Magnaride options and i know i need to find out what control arms i have but aren't all 2017 models the stamped steel arms?  At what height do i need to worry about lowering the diff?

I see options like Supreme Suspensions have axle alignment shims but don't mention magnaride in the offerings.  If anyone could give me some guidance, i would like to do a 3" or 3.5" front and whatever in the back to get it looking proper.  I only think i want to do 1" or 1.5" in the back because i read that if you do anymore more, you might top out the shock over bumps and what not. 

Thank you, 
    • By SirManny
      So finally have everything off of my truck and pics of everything. Prices are obo plus shipping. If post not allowed please let me know and I will delete. Thanks.   - RX Speedworks catch can with check valve and clean side separator. Has the OEM connectors for the PCV connections - SOLD   - UPR Catch Can with check valve and OEM connections. Only had for about three weeks. - SOLD   - Superchips F5 GM Flashpaq handheld tuner. Primarily used to turn off AFM and adjust for tire size. Has pre-loaded tunes and able to change parameters such as gear, AFM, speed limiter, etc. Comes with original box and manual - SOLD   - 2014 and up OEM crew cab undersea storage. Prefer not to ship this item but will at buyers expense. But will meet if you are near Augusta, GA-Atlanta, GA-Columbia, SC - SOLD   - Volant CAI intake 5.3L. I removed the filter it came with and upgraded to a RotoFab dry filter. Comes complete with everything you see and OEM connectors. Would make deal with someone if they wanted this and the RX Speedworks catch can as the clean side separator would work with it. - SOLD   - Doug Thorley Tri-Y headers. Will work with 5.3L and the 6.2L ecotec3 engine. However if you have the 6.2L the connection at the fatback needs to be modified. $600.00   - GM OEM Rosen DVD Headrest AV-7950H 8K-GMCHEV-B38-S1. The primary headrest is the DVD unit while the secondary headunit has the USB input and iPOD docking station. Has built in video games and will come with four headphones(two brand new never used), two video game controllers (new just tested), the accessory wires if you wanted to add a video game system or something along those lines. Im at - SOLD on these will not separate. Selling the whole kit.  Thank you for your interest.

• By Jdub289f
      Hoping somebody might want to trade their dark slate metallic paint matched grill, pictured below in that dealer photo, for my chrome one! Mine is in perfect shape with only 5700 miles on the truck. I like having a little bit of chrome like on the bumper and the middle portion but having the grill edge paint matched would be perfect for me. I live around Santa Cruz, CA, just in case somebody is local to me. Thanks for any interest!
      87C241E6-8C9E-449E-AAAD-B47C48883946.jp2