Posted (edited)

2017 Duramax get back in after driving it will not start turn the key dash lights come on but will not start (no click) takes about an hour then it will start has left me stranded six times since last summer. GM can’t find anything wrong (no codes) they return it does it again very frustrating. Anyone heard of this ?

Edited by Flyingwhiskey

Take a video of it next time it won’t start.  Call the dealer and request a tow.  Show the dealer the video.  Tell them you will pick it up when it is fixed. Contact GM and open up a case on the issue.

Had a 08 grand Cherokee did the same thing. Dealer could never fix it. Traded it in . I feel you pain.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bad Switch?

Did you happen to try a jump after it didnt start? Its possible the dsah could light up but not enough battery strength to turn over.  

All ready done the Video showed them they weren’t to interested. Battery’s are fine because it does start after sitting. The trouble is GM won’t throw parts at it because they don’t get paid for them unless they can prove a problem with said part. I might get my Lawyer to send GM a letter explaining the liability I almost froze to death one night when it wouldn’t start had to go into a store to warm up. 

Flying whiskey- You need to tel us more. Does it click when you turn the key- crank slow or not at all.

Document this all.

The starting circuit is seperate because of the amps. Is it happening with BOTH keys?

Back in the day it was sometimes the switch on trans gear shifter not detecting it was in park or neutral. 

Wiggling the shifter while holding the key would sometimes do it.