Gorehamj

Which Trucks Do Owners Most Often Sell Within One Year?

titan 17 crew cab front 34.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
4-9-2019

iSeeCars.com has completed a study this month of which vehicles owners most often sell on within one year of buying them new. iSeeCars.com analyzed more than 46 million individual new vehicle sales and determined how many of those new cars, trucks, and SUVs were resold as used within the first year with at least 1000 miles on the odometer.  The average for all vehicles is just 3.4%. However, some trucks are sold on at more than twice that rate. 

iseecars trucks sold one year.png

Among the trucks that owners want to get rid of most are Nissan trucks. All three of Nissan's truck offerings top the list of those owners sell most often within one year of ownership. iSeeCars CEO Phong Ly offered his opinion as to why the Nissans stand out in this regard. “The standard full-size Titan and its larger XD variant do not measure up to their rivals in terms of towing capacity and hauling, which suggests that owners might turn them in for something more rugged,” said Ly. “The compact Frontier has the same shortcomings for hauling and towing while also having the worst fuel economy in its class.”

What say you GM-Trucks.com faithful? Why do the Nissans seem to be the outliers here?  To see the full report click here.

The car numbers suprised me much more than the truck numbers but I did not read the entire article, mostly just looked at the lists and wondered what number of these people sold after one year just to buy another one exactly like it but a year newer model, such as my father did with his Benz or my father-in-law did with his Beamer every two years. Both claimed they started to lose value too fast after that. I'm a truck guy and keep 'em forever and a few years after that. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The only thing I find surprising is the GMC Sierra at the number 6th position.  The Tundra-is an outdated gas hog-no surprises there.

The Titan XD is plagued with quality issues-and the diesel version drinks DEF-at least according to the forums I have perused on the Internet.  Also-it's longer than the "Big 3" short bed trucks and won't fit in to an average garage. In short-a truck where the market is very limited.

Edited by CKNSLS
  • Like 1

Ram beats GM in this category :(