1 hour ago, econometrics said:

??

For me, the growl when the engine is under load or revved is just right. But I’m someone who was really considering a performance exhaust. So at the price it cost to do this hack, I’ve been loving it for what it is. 

I totally agree for daily driving it’s great, just with trailer under load for an extended pull at 3k rpm it was a bit much for my taste.  That said i am going to leave the resonators covered and give the flapper a shot in the fixed open position.  I may start a fund to do a muffler/resonator delete, and straight pipe it.

2 hours ago, Zrouge1 said:

I totally agree for daily driving it’s great, just with trailer under load for an extended pull at 3k rpm it was a bit much for my taste.  That said i am going to leave the resonators covered and give the flapper a shot in the fixed open position.  I may start a fund to do a muffler/resonator delete, and straight pipe it.

Great thing about this mod is you can un-do it very easily and in a short amount of time. ??

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering about the 6.2 also . we might have to remove the flappers completely. maybe add a borla muffler . the borla plant is ten minutes away from where I live in east Tennessee . they might sell blems . no one will see it anyway.

2 quick question on this mod. 

In the caribbean right right now and have only had the truck a few days before leaving for this trip. 

How easy does the flapper turn? Just by hand or do you need a wrench to take this off

if going in for any any type of service? Will it cause any considerations for the dealer regarding warranty work? Ie void anything? 

Edited by HONDABBQ

On 11/16/2019 at 12:28 PM, HONDABBQ said:

2 quick question on this mod. 

In the caribbean right right now and have only had the truck a few days before leaving for this trip. 

How easy does the flapper turn? Just by hand or do you need a wrench to take this off

if going in for any any type of service? Will it cause any considerations for the dealer regarding warranty work? Ie void anything? 

Anyone?

@ShamrockShooter

Edited by HONDABBQ

7 hours ago, HONDABBQ said:

Anyone?

@ShamrockShooter

Turns very easy by hand. 

You won’t have warranty issues. If you’re concerned about it, just take the mod off the flapper, and screws off the resonators before any extensive service visit. That’s what makes this mod so great. Easy on, easy off, great sound improvement. 

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve had the mod for several months now and still love it. I continue to be curious about cutting off the flapper and replace with some pipe...to have a fully open system before the exhaust. I believe it should add even more growl since the valve when open is different from the 2014-2018. I can’t find the picture to attach but somewhere on another thread I saw a cut off valve which showed a 1/4 of the pipe still covered when the valve was open. This is do to a perpendicular moon shaped piece welded to the original circular flapper covering 1/4 of the pipe when open. Of course this will would now make the mod a bit more complex to reverse and I have yet to try it due to still being under the warranty coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are those little screens on the end of the exhaust for and how much difference do they actually make when you cover them?

I have a 2019 LT Trail Boss 5.3L and simply removed the flapper and muffler and welded in a piece of straight pipe.  Sounds great, but not as loud as my 2018 Z71 with muffler and resonator delete.

Then again, my 2019 also doesn't drone on the interstate the way the 2018 does, so perhaps I should leave those screens alone?

On 8/13/2019 at 9:51 AM, dieselfan1 said:

That's right. I did the correct option and tossed the stock system in the trash and put a Borla Catback on. I'm pretty sure it sounds better than you guys beer can setups. 

156423750875667056964096675435.thumb.jpg.2b3d0c688bd4c9a188136daebbc5a2c8.jpg

I have heard the Borla and I don't think it sounds better than my simple muffler deletes... here they are on my wife's 2018 single pipe Z71, and on my new Trail Boss...

23 hours ago, SquireSCA said:

What are those little screens on the end of the exhaust for and how much difference do they actually make when you cover them?

I have a 2019 LT Trail Boss 5.3L and simply removed the flapper and muffler and welded in a piece of straight pipe.  Sounds great, but not as loud as my 2018 Z71 with muffler and resonator delete.

Then again, my 2019 also doesn't drone on the interstate the way the 2018 does, so perhaps I should leave those screens alone?

The flapper valve is what keeps it from droning. When there's lower exhaust pressure (e.g. V4 mode), then the flapper is more engaged to tone the exhaust noise. 

Covering the screens will definitely add a little OOMPH in the noise. 

23 minutes ago, econometrics said:

The flapper valve is what keeps it from droning. When there's lower exhaust pressure (e.g. V4 mode), then the flapper is more engaged to tone the exhaust noise. 

Covering the screens will definitely add a little OOMPH in the noise. 

Well, my 2018 doesn't have a V4 mode with the tune that I have loaded, and it still drones...  The V4 mode thing is less of a drone, more of it totally changes the exhaust note and makes it sound more like a helicopter...

I will play around with the screens some more today...  It did seem a bit louder with them covered yesterday, but it also made the truck a little more... "blatty"... if that makes any sense...