Live From The 2020 Silverado HD Media Introduction

On 6/19/2019 at 4:15 PM, Chevyguy85 said:

Why do people compare the mpgs of a half ton vs a 2500/3500? Why do people do anything? Just because they can probably. Personally if I end up with another GM truck the "twins" are mostly mechanically identical so looks/features are what is goi g to decide which of the two I get. As long as the price is within a few hundred or so anyway.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

This is quite true. I was interested in going back to GM when they made the CC larger and a few more creature comforts offered on the others. I liked the GMC 2500HD SLT and Denali and the Chevrolet Silverado High Country. Not a fan of the lights over each fender well on the GMC, so I decided to go with a new High Country. The preliminary reviews have been pretty good, also.

Edited by ShotgunZ71

The TFL truck video showed the 2500HD crew cab standard bed 4x4 diesel LT had a placarded payload north of 3200lb!

A new higher GVWR of 11,350 (vs. 10,000lb) puts the 2500HD crew cab 4x4 diesels squarely into 17-19 3500HD SRW territory in terms of tow rating & payload capacity.

6 hours ago, jjackkrash said:

TFL Truck has driving impressions up.  The embargo must be over.  So, driving impressions? :)

I'll have to check TFL, but pickuptrucks.com is in the camp of "why is the 6L90 behind the new 6.6 gas engine."  I had a feeling that would happen.  Gas needs the 10 speed, no excuses. 

• Like 1