GMC Sierra 1500 SLE vs Chevy Silverado 1500 LT

Can anyone explain the difference between the GMC SLE and the Chevy LT?

https://www.laurabuickgmc.com/VehicleDetails/new-2019-GMC-Sierra_1500-Crew_Cab_Short_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_SLE-Collinsville-IL/3417978283

Trying to see what is different. In the past the SLE was about what the LS was. However the SLE’s at that dealer with the SLE value package are priced similar too and equipped like Silverado LT’s at other dealers. 

https://www.laurachevybg.com/VehicleDetails/new-2019-Chevrolet-Silverado_1500-Crew_Cab_Short_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_RST-Sullivan-MO/3413585293

(10 days ago this truck was a grand cheaper.)

The Chevy seems slightly better equipped. It has automatic climate control and heated cloth seats as well as a few other options. LTs can generally be optioned up a bit higher (leather), while SLEs cannot. Although this particular one does not appear to be.

SLE trucks have been just about evenly equipped with the LT for years. The two trucks you’re looking at are very closely matched, but the Chevy is slightly better equipped. It has foglights, the storage & armrest in the rear seat backs, and the spray in bedliner which comes in that Z71 package (but I don’t believe it comes in the GMC-equivalent’s X31)...

GMC exclusives in that truck would be limited to the real aluminum trim around the radio and on the steering wheel. It’s silver plastic on the Chevy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Big Adam said:

I debated this for awhile before I bought my LT.  The big deciding factor for me was the plastic wheel well trim on the GMC.  It looked good new, but give it a year or so.

Here is mine after 5 years. Looks like the day I left the showroom floor. Just normal maintenance, haven't even hit it with special trim stuff or anything. My 2010 Sierra had no plastic lip liner, the paint just fell off that truck at the wheel wells and I had to trade it or paint it, that was in 3.5 years. My 2014 Silverado is flaking bad at the lip, I will have to repaint the lip this winter or the wheel well will rot away. I can get some pictures of that if you want. It's honestly worth its weight in gold if you want to keep your truck in good shape. 

IMG_1169.jpg

Hmmmm.  After looking at them it does seem like the LT is better equipped.  Still not sold on all the GMC  chrome and the overall looks of this body style. 

At any rate they sold all those cheap X31's last week and the rest are X31 SLE's the same price as RST Z71's.

On 7/9/2019 at 10:21 PM, Mandalorian said:

The Chevy seems slightly better equipped. It has automatic climate control and heated cloth seats as well as a few other options. LTs can generally be optioned up a bit higher (leather), while SLEs cannot. Although this particular one does not appear to be.

I don't know which particular GMC he was looking at, as his link just takes me to all Sierra 1500 inventory at Laura, but this particular truck (stock # L193978) has dual zone auto climate control and heated seats just like the RST Chevy. 

The only thing it's missing is fog lamps and the spray in bed liner. Also, the RST will have LED taillights, while the SLE, and standard LT, have incandescent bulbs.