Tailgate Letter Inserts

6 hours ago, 2016 Sierra Owner said:

These trucks look so much better with the letters filled in. Chevy should have done this from the start. At least on the higher trims.

Totally. My truck has drastically changed its look and all I did was add the inserts and change the rims. It looks so much sharper and I've gotten quite a few compliments.

21 hours ago, 2016 Sierra Owner said:

These trucks look so much better with the letters filled in. Chevy should have done this from the start. At least on the higher trims.

I totally disagree.  I prefer a de-badged cleaner look.  I am glad it is available for people who like it though.  Best of both worlds.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, oldmann said:

I totally disagree.  I prefer a de-badged cleaner look.  I am glad it is available for people who like it though.  Best of both worlds.

I can understand that. I had a real hard time deciding whether to or not.

But, I can honestly say that I'm really glad that I did. 

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:20 PM, vancealot29 said:

Nice, what site did you purchase these from.  Leaning towards BD Trims, but still considering EyeCatcher as well.  Thanks for the input!

I'm not exactly sure but I think it was amazon I got it at

Add me to the list who have done this mod.  Totally gives the truck a different look.  I used the domed gloss black from BD.  Instead of ordering on Amazon, I ordered directly from the company.  They were a little less expensive, plus I think the letters on Amazon are the flat ones.

small.579870958_bdcustomletters.jpg.9a0c

Also, a heads up in case you decide to do this.  The "H" and the "O" are cut so they only fit one way.  May sure you dry fit them before you stick everything down.

Edited by Foghorn19
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2019 at 4:48 PM, Foghorn19 said:

Add me to the list who have done this mod.  Totally gives the truck a different look.  I used the domed gloss black from BD.  Instead of ordering on Amazon, I ordered directly from the company.  They were a little less expensive, plus I think the letters on Amazon are the flat ones.

small.579870958_bdcustomletters.jpg.9a0c

Also, a heads up in case you decide to do this.  The "H" and the "O" are cut so they only fit one way.  May sure you dry fit them before you stick everything down.

Went all the way with matching badging, removed and reused the red RS from the old chrome badge.

DSCN0628.JPG

I did carbon fiber black on my white RST, looks good to me and cheap as well, looks similar to other white one on here......do they make raised lettering like they do for tacomas or ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 8:09 PM, hcop33 said:

Here's a picture of my tailgate letter inserts. Definitely changes the look for the better. So glad I did it. I highly recommend this mod as it's cheap and nice. Easy to put on too!

IMG_1925.jpg

That color on the Summit White look REALLY good.  What color is that?  Are those from BDTrims?