Want a newer Silverado

Hello, im currently in the market for a new (to me) truck. I have a little girl, and a fiancee. Ive looked at many truck for sale. The biggest features im looking for is, 4door, leveling kit, tint, somewhat low miles, wheels and tires are a plus, but not nessicary, and well maintained. I know truck pricing in general is pretty high nowadays. But i made this forum to ask, what would a good price be for a Silverado between 2014-2016 be? Thabks in advance 

7 hours ago, Kyle Mills said:

Hello, im currently in the market for a new (to me) truck. I have a little girl, and a fiancee. Ive looked at many truck for sale. The biggest features im looking for is, 4door, leveling kit, tint, somewhat low miles, wheels and tires are a plus, but not nessicary, and well maintained. I know truck pricing in general is pretty high nowadays. But i made this forum to ask, what would a good price be for a Silverado between 2014-2016 be? Thabks in advance 

Welcome to the site.

Best advice I can give is, if you are buying a payment, find a truck that fits your budget.

You will pay for the mods now, some you might be able to do later if you can find a less expensive truck (maybe more options) with little done to it, then make it what you want as time and money permits.

Edited by JimCost2014
  • Thanks 1

Mine didn’t have much before I added all the upgrades, I’m buying this 2014 Silverado LT CrewCab for 22000$ Had 70,000 miles when I got it, came with the leveling kit I think it has the 3” up front and bigger block in the rear with 20s rim with 33s. The upgrades can get addicting ? there’s tons of them here’s mine leather stitched dash, leather shifter, heated steering wheel, Chevy premium floor mats, Denali Cluster, AppleCarplay upgrade (hmi2.5 with navi and radio module), LED reverse lights, LED cargo lights, LTZ taillights , LTZ frontend with painted bumper and 5gendyi harness for now. 17AB850D-BCE6-4E68-B867-C96CA8197AAB.thumb.jpeg.5ae0fc79334b725921580fed4a127764.jpeg535A728B-DB7C-4367-BDDB-2BFB978C8532.thumb.jpeg.8dbb91ae82d72af08acc27878a35707e.jpeg5B041124-1528-4B8C-BE2F-576DF178E24A.thumb.jpeg.deab6c3b266849a97f3a73d1888e0115.jpegB97CCB06-56E6-4826-BB71-23D9F8332769.thumb.jpeg.6e0c157b4f452847f9410d9bde1bb132.jpeg8F3597A5-A98C-4C31-A118-10CD0CCCF9C3.thumb.jpeg.c09fd3b8e110bb28f92e1095c037e4dd.jpeg4040A6B5-79CE-4F1C-B8A6-EC25753A7273.thumb.jpeg.609f532ded20a5bc9507dfc659261a5a.jpeg3D45E865-2173-42B2-9627-58A827312DD2.thumb.jpeg.baa21f21dc51a8bc10ee42eecc02967e.jpeg

Edited by Frankielozano214

18 hours ago, Kyle Mills said:

Hello, im currently in the market for a new (to me) truck. I have a little girl, and a fiancee. Ive looked at many truck for sale. The biggest features im looking for is, 4door, leveling kit, tint, somewhat low miles, wheels and tires are a plus, but not nessicary, and well maintained. I know truck pricing in general is pretty high nowadays. 

Welcome to this forum! You will find lots of good information here.   A well maintained, 4 door is what should limit your search at this beginning stage of your family.    Looking for aftermarket modifications will only serve to limit your options.  FWIW,  I recommend broadening your search to other brands and types of vehicles well within your budget.  The sacrifices and conflicts you will likely witness in order to meet the expenses of owning a cool truck will prove problematic.  Your story is familiar (hence "recommend") but mine involved a new(ish)  '72 Red F100! ? 

Edited by Donstar

19 hours ago, Kyle Mills said:

what would a good price be for a Silverado between 2014-2016 be?

only about a million variables go into determining price. Use internet resources like kbb.com or any used vehicle search site like cars.com to find vehicles in your area and get an idea of what your dream truck is going to cost you. You're right, they are not cheap.

Higher mileage will get you more tech for a better price. I'd personally recommend an LT trim because all of the tech is outdated after 3 years already.

Want to buy from a GM dealer or private party? the price will be higher at a dealership, but you should get some benefits of them standing behind it and having it pass some inspections.

If you are watching a budget, really consider any vanity mods like leveling kits and big wheels/tires. They don't improve performance. And you should check with your fiance and little girl to see if they agree that a leveling kit is something you want. women tend to have shorter legs than men.

Don't forget to compare prices to new. When we had our first baby, I went shopping for a couple year old one thinking I was going to save money, but to buy a truck with 50,000+ miles and no BTB warranty left wasn't that much cheaper than brand new. It all depends what you want and what your budget is.

Edited by aseibel
  • Like 1

Depending on where you live could affect pricing as well and don't be afraid to travel a little bit if it means you can find a better deal. I live on Delmarva where there are a lot of trucks for sale, but dealers will often ask full price or barely give any type of incentives on them. Even used trucks will be very expensive, but I went to Western Maryland and got my truck for under $22,000 out the door with only 17,000 miles on it. Sometimes traveling an hour or two will make a big difference.

A little over a year ago I found my '16 ext cab LT that was about as mint as can be with 28K miles. It had a few aftermarket pieces (tonneau cover, wind deflectors etc) for just over $28K. I love the truck and plan on having it for years.