2021 changes for 1500

Heres a list of things that can fit in a 79.5 inch bed that can't fit in a 69.9 inch bed:

Mattress
Adult male
Surfboard
Motorcycle / Dirt Bike
Truck Camper (proper one)
Fishing Poles 
etc. 

I mean if you don't do any of those things, that's cool I guess? But I don't see how everyone wouldn't benefit from a bigger bed? And again, if you are hauling around 4 adults, why TF would you buy a truck? Any way you slice it it doesn't make sense unless you were to only own one vehicle but need to carry around 4 adults which means you probably couldn't afford one of these trucks anyways.

Again, it is what it is. Lots of people ITT who never considered a double cab IMO. It's one of those things where if you grew up or have been around people who actually use a truck as a truck, you wouldn't even consider a Crew Cab for looks alone... 

Or how about this: I buy a crew cab with the short bed that meets all my needs by allowing me to transport the stuff I need the bed for and my family so my kids and I can be comfortable with having more room when they are in my vehicle?

I dont need to haul ply wood, I dont have dirt bikes, I dont sleep in the bed of my truck, but I do haul stuff that is too tall to fit in an SUV. I'm not wrong for using a truck the way I want to.

Not sure why it is so difficult to understand that people have different needs than you and aren't under utilizing their truck for using it the way they need.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My personal opinion is the standard bed crew cab looks better then the CC short bed. I find the shirt bed crew looks weird with all that cab space and a small bed. And this is coming from someone who owns a shore bed currently after both my K2 were standard bed crews. Only reason I got my tea one with the short bad was because that’s all they had at the time and I really needed to get into some thing but to each his own everybody has their own opinion

• Like 1

Or how about this: I buy a crew cab with the short bed that meets all my needs by allowing me to transport the stuff I need the bed for and my family so my kids and I can be comfortable with having more room when they are in my vehicle?

I dont need to haul ply wood, I dont have dirt bikes, I dont sleep in the bed of my truck, but I do haul stuff that is too tall to fit in an SUV. I'm not wrong for using a truck the way I want to.

Not sure why it is so difficult to understand that people have different needs than you and aren't under utilizing their truck for using it the way they need.

Exactly! Those saying that our trucks are solely designed to be working vehicles aren’t paying much attention IMO. Big wheels, soft sprung suspension, creature comforts of a semi-luxury vehicle, short beds, etc. tell me that manufacturers are designing half ton trucks for a different purpose than in years passed.

• Like 2

If you really can't understand why a 6 1/2 foot bed would be infinitely more valuable for those who want to camp & sleep in the bed, tote dirtbikes & motorcycles, surfboards, truck campers, etc, I'm not sure what to tell you. For utility purposes a 6 1/2 foot bed gives you an infinitely better vehicle. There are so many things that fit perfectly in to the back of a 6 1/2 foot bed that don't fit into a short bed. If you need a back seat to haul around adults that's great, but it goes back to why the hell would you buy a pickup truck if you want to drive 4 adults around?

I know most people don't look at it this way and just bought their trucks because nowadays it is trendy to buy a truck and they never intend to use it for more than moving Spalding out of his dorm room, but for those that actually use a bed 6'6 is the perfect size for 90% of stuff that you haul. 8' bed makes your vehicle way too long and a joke to drive. Double cabs also have much better proportions than crew cabs. Double cabs were the original pickup design and when everyone realized how "cool" they were, they created the crew cab to appeal to the sheep. 

cc_2019GMT170058_03_640_G1W.jpg

I'm sure everyone will chime in that it is all opinion, but even Hellen Keller can see what the better looking vehicle is. Glad to know that I got one of the last nice ones ever made... 
No one wants to hear your opinion. They want to hear their opinion coming out of your mouth. Lol.
We do haul 4 male adults outs west to ride snowmobiles. It's a 19 hr ride and you need a truck for pulling all that weight. This is more of a 3/4 ton thing though and those already have longer box.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, superhighsierra said:

I mean if you don't do any of those things, that's cool I guess? But I don't see how everyone wouldn't benefit from a bigger bed? And again, if you are hauling around 4 adults, why TF would you buy a truck? Any way you slice it it doesn't make sense unless you were to only own one vehicle but need to carry around 4 adults which means you probably couldn't afford one of these trucks anyways.

Again, it is what it is. Lots of people ITT who never considered a double cab IMO. It's one of those things where if you grew up or have been around people who actually use a truck as a truck, you wouldn't even consider a Crew Cab for looks alone... 

Or... you could get a Crew Cab Standard Box and have the best of both worlds. That's what I'd have if it would fit in my garage.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mikedfw said:

That's great. Like I said before, you should have bought a nice car and an old work truck. At the end of the day it's just funny to me all the short bed crew cab poser-mobile guys come on here and to circle jerk about how "utilitarian" their vehicles are. But again man, to each his own...

4 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

I find the shirt bed crew looks weird with all that cab space and a small bed.

Of course it does. Just don't try to tell all of the potato's on here what is obvious to everyone but them. 

3 hours ago, bamorris2 said:

Exactly! Those saying that our trucks are solely designed to be working vehicles aren’t paying much attention IMO. Big wheels, soft sprung suspension, creature comforts of a semi-luxury vehicle, short beds, etc. tell me that manufacturers are designing half ton trucks for a different purpose than in years passed.

Nobody is saying they are designed to be working vehicles. Again, just don't come on here and tout the utilitarian value of a short bed crew cab saying that you can do everything a 6'6 bed can AND you have some luxury cabin to fit the Cleaver family in. Short Beds are for $&$$*$'s and everyone but the people on here know that. No grown man I've ever known would drive a Crew Cab short bed half-ton. That's a little suspect...

2 hours ago, Paul_Aris said:

No one wants to hear your opinion. They want to hear their opinion coming out of your mouth. Lol.

#Facts

And a 3/4 ton is a whole different animal. Wouldn't want one of those either unless I was pulling 15,000 lbs routinely. 

1 hour ago, jlong1984 said:

Or... you could get a Crew Cab Standard Box and have the best of both worlds. That's what I'd have if it would fit in my garage.

Too big man. At a certain point it's like you are driving a bus around. Wouldn't want an 8ft bed, wouldn't want a CC Standard box, wouldn't want a 2500, etc. What you are looking for is called a double cab. Like I said, unless you are hauling a family of four adults around every day WTF would not want a double cab? And if you are hauling a family of four around why TF would you buy a truck if you were only buying one vehicle. 

At the end of the day it is what it is. I can say it til Im blue in the face but I already know, it's because people are sheep. Most the people on here wouldn't even drive a truck if it wasn't the in vogue thing to do. Like I said, enjoy being Johnny Bad@$$ with your 60k dollar short box when Tiffany and Spalding are moving out of their dorm room only to never stick anything back there again. 

• Like 1

I’m very sorry your truck got cancelled, I can see you’re taking it hard. It may be a good time for you and whoever will fit in your tiny back seat to take a trip...get some time away and clear your head. To prove you bought the right truck, you can even bring along the items that will only fit in a 6.5’ box, like your mattress and surfboard.

Since I’ve never seen either of those items strapped to the roof of a Subaru with a “coexist” bumper sticker, I know they cannot be moved with anything less than a double cab driven by a real truck guy like yourself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

Too big man. At a certain point it's like you are driving a bus around. Wouldn't want an 8ft bed, wouldn't want a CC Standard box, wouldn't want a 2500, etc. What you are looking for is called a double cab. Like I said, unless you are hauling a family of four adults around every day WTF would not want a double cab? And if you are hauling a family of four around why TF would you buy a truck if you were only buying one vehicle. 

At the end of the day it is what it is. I can say it til Im blue in the face but I already know, it's because people are sheep. Most the people on here wouldn't even drive a truck if it wasn't the in vogue thing to do. Like I said, enjoy being Johnny Bad@$$ with your 60k dollar short box when Tiffany and Spalding are moving out of their dorm room only to never stick anything back there again. 

Ok seriously did you actually read anything I said? I clearly explained that I do use the bed, that I cant use an SUV because of height/size restrictions. I dont need the longer bed because what I haul is more an issue of height. I also do have my family in the vehicle sometimes and want everyone to be comfortable.

I dont want an old beater. I drive a lot and can afford a nice truck. Why would I buy something based on your needs rather than mine?

It isnt an issue of trying to show off or not needing a truck. I'm not less of a real man because I have a smaller bed, I'm just smart enough to know what I actually need and will use and buy the best, most comfortable version of that for myself and my family.

Nothing I have said is complicated in the least. I dont know if you just aren't reading what I'm saying or are too dense to understand it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jlong1984 said:

exactly 

...I came here to just say that I got the crew cab short bed simply because it looks better to me. No other reasoning behind it lol. I actually like the idea of the standard bed, but it does not please my eyes lol. Let the bashing begin ?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jlong1984 said:

The garage issue is exactly why the crew cab short box exists. 

When the crew cab short was created, it was spec'd to be exactly the same wheelbase and overall length as the extended cab 6.5 ft that was in production at that time. (ext cab is now the double cab).  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, redwngr said:

The garage issue is exactly why the crew cab short box exists. 

When the crew cab short was created, it was spec'd to be exactly the same wheelbase and overall length as the extended cab 6.5 ft that was in production at that time. (ext cab is now the double cab).  

Oh, thats interesting. Never thought about that. 

8 hours ago, jlong1984 said:

Same here,  I'd have a CC Standard bed if it fit in the garage.

• Like 1

If they would have stuck with the suicide style doors on the extended cab, i think i would like it better. But imo the double cab with the tiny doors looks like ******. Proportionally the crew cab looks great imo, and is more useful than a double cab

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Like 2