2021 changes for 1500

I can agree with both sides. I've had 3 double cabs and just got my first crew cab. There have been many times where I would of had to have made 2 trips without that extra bit of bed space in my double cabs, I just jam packed that bed all the way to the end of the tailgate. Long items didn't hang off the end as bad either. But with the back seats folded up in my CC I can fit tons of stuff inside the truck that I don't want in the weather or to get stolen. I also do agree and have always thought that the CC looks better. 

I can't pick which I like more because each fits my situation better at different times, none of which involve groceries or hauling around the family and they both tow so no issues there.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

So bucket seats are now available on the Elevation, even though they were already available on the Elevation. Great innovation, GM.

For 2019, the A52 was available only on the WT and Trail Boss... I think it's the cheap variety with no arm rest in the middle when the seat is down?

image.png

36 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

For 2019, the A52 was available only on the WT and Trail Boss... I think it's the cheap variety with no arm rest in the middle when the seat is down?

image.png

Actually, I was referring to this:

GMC Sierra /Denali 1500

New Features
     (A50) Bucket seats are available as an option on Elevation

• Like 1

On 7/14/2020 at 3:13 PM, OnTheReel said:

I’m very sorry your truck got cancelled, I can see you’re taking it hard. It may be a good time for you and whoever will fit in your tiny back seat to take a trip...get some time away and clear your head. To prove you bought the right truck, you can even bring along the items that will only fit in a 6.5’ box, like your mattress and surfboard.

Since I’ve never seen either of those items strapped to the roof of a Subaru with a “coexist” bumper sticker, I know they cannot be moved with anything less than a double cab driven by a real truck guy like yourself.

its a bit much to ridicule others bcuz they dont buy or think the same exact way.....he did say most will " defend their decision to the death" and he is following that exact protocol.....i need a truck to be a truck and need std bed but understand not everyone has same needs......tell a sheetrock/sheathing guy 8ft beds are pointless, lol.....to haul 8ft sheets and close the tailgate is huge

• Like 2

Does anybody actually care if someone else buys a DC or CC with their own money? I surely do not GAF.  I buy what I want with my money and if you don't like it, I don't care. GM trucks all have their "wish (fill in the blank) was better/available" items, but overall, I'm so blessed to be able to buy a new GM truck, and very pleased that they pushed my schedule up due to the COVID-19 sales on the 2020's. Can't beat those prices.

My first truck I ever bought was a used 76 GMC single cab with the camper hauler special package which was a 2WD with 3/4 ton rear end and suspension stuff under it out back with dual fuel tanks along with a 454/TH400 which needed those dual tanks. Has ps/pb, limited slip rear end, tilt wheel and A/C and even cruise control. That's about it.  The 454 died so I put a 502 crate motor in it and woke its butt right on up.

But that was yesteryear. Today's new trucks have something for everyone. If you like DC, great, go buy one if you can. If you like CC, go get one.  

Why fight with each other. If you want to do that, go buy a RAM or god-forbid, a FORD. Then it's fight-worthy. Those trucks are needed to keep GM going to try and one-up them. Without that competition, GM trucks would suck worse than you think they already do.

I am looking forward to the new dashboards whenever they come along. Although I got a sneaky suspicion they're still going to find a way to put something we all won't like on it. Hope they prove me wrong.

• Like 3

its a bit much to ridicule others bcuz they dont buy or think the same exact way.....he did say most will " defend their decision to the death" and he is following that exact protocol.....i need a truck to be a truck and need std bed but understand not everyone has same needs......tell a sheetrock/sheathing guy 8ft beds are pointless, lol.....to haul 8ft sheets and close the tailgate is huge
He literally is ridiculing people for not needing the longer bed and having a crew cab. People are responding harshly to him because he was being an ass about it and pulling the whole "not a real man" crap because people need room for their family and/or only need the short bed.

I dont think anyone was attacking him for needing the double cab with longer bed, just saying that a lot of people dont need that. He just ignores it and tells people they are stupid. Hopefully just a troll.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

On 7/13/2020 at 12:09 PM, superhighsierra said:

If you really can't understand why a 6 1/2 foot bed would be infinitely more valuable for those who want to camp & sleep in the bed, tote dirtbikes & motorcycles, surfboards, truck campers, etc, I'm not sure what to tell you. For utility purposes a 6 1/2 foot bed gives you an infinitely better vehicle. There are so many things that fit perfectly in to the back of a 6 1/2 foot bed that don't fit into a short bed. If you need a back seat to haul around adults that's great, but it goes back to why the hell would you buy a pickup truck if you want to drive 4 adults around?

I know most people don't look at it this way and just bought their trucks because nowadays it is trendy to buy a truck and they never intend to use it for more than moving Spalding out of his dorm room, but for those that actually use a bed 6'6 is the perfect size for 90% of stuff that you haul. 8' bed makes your vehicle way too long and a joke to drive. Double cabs also have much better proportions than crew cabs. Double cabs were the original pickup design and when everyone realized how "cool" they were, they created the crew cab to appeal to the sheep. 

1546692055_ScreenShot2020-07-13at1_05_52PM.thumb.png.5401118f1e16a5be61fea99656a8c9ec.png

Vs. 

spacer.png

I'm sure everyone will chime in that it is all opinion, but even Hellen Keller can see what the better looking vehicle is. Glad to know that I got one of the last nice ones ever made... 

Sheep?, have you, your spouse, and 2 others went on a trip pulling a travel trailer in a double cab, Its pure hell for the rear passengers, crew cab pickups are the best thing since sliced bread, yes some crew cabs are strictly grocery getters, as with some double cabs are just grocery getters too, but its their choice, me, I need a crew cab with a 6.6 bed for traveling with more than just the people in the front seat.

I think you guys need your own separate thread 'Crew Cab Short Bed vs Double Cab Long Bed vs Crew Cab Long Bed.'  Maybe we can get back to the (lack of) 2021 changes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, superhighsierra said:

Just don't see why more people can't figure it out with double cabs? There is no way you are telling me most people on here have 4 grown adults that they are transporting on a regular basis. And yet there are how many people on the road in pickups.

So you do put the bigger bed to use on a regular basis? Looks like you were lucky because the double cabins are being discounted more heavily than the crew cabs. I bought the crew cab because it holds value much better. I usually have my friends along when I go to Vegas on long drives from Tijuana or even down to Hermosillo in Sonora.

On 7/15/2020 at 11:45 PM, Cpl_Punishment said:

Actually, I was referring to this:

GMC Sierra /Denali 1500

New Features
     (A50) Bucket seats are available as an option on Elevation

They also list the MultiPro tailgate being available on Elevation as a new for 2021 change, despite it being available for 2020. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jlong1984 said:

They also list the MultiPro tailgate being available on Elevation as a new for 2021 change, despite it being available for 2020. 

I think it was only available on the Elevation in the U.S. So maybe that means it will be available in Canada, too. 

Thanks Mother Mary, wouldn't want to give customers options and choices, better to force them into a 3-4k average more expensive truck they don't need. Funny how all the other makes seem to find room to give their customers an option for what fits them best. It is almost like gm doesn't want me as a customer anymore. Not to mention lol at the people who say the club cab worthless bed option or the regular bed option which is nearly impossible to find and makes the truck look terrible is better then the double cab option. The double cab cost a good bit less then a club and looks ten times better, the proportions of the double cab are correct to me, the club cabs all look too stretched imo.

Lol. 6 pages of comments on the "2021 Changes for 1500" and 5.5 of them are about the DC/CC comparison. ??‍♂️ 

Anywho... yeah, pretty vanilla "changes" for the 2021s. As a 2019 owner, it puts a smile on my face. Now my truck is 2 years old, but is 98% the same as a brand new one. 

Delaying a refresh to 2022 (or '23 now?) is a conservative, and probably smart, move by GM. The new F150 is a yawner, and RAM is coasting along, too. 

Then again, maybe I feel good about this because I now have another 12 months of not having to talk myself out of trading in for a refreshed model. ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1