2021 changes for 1500

13 minutes ago, redvettez06 said:

I wonder what the safety essentials package and All-Star Edition Plus packages entail?

NEW!  Safety Essentials Package, includes (UEU) Forward Collision Alert, (UHY) Automatic Emergency Braking, (UKJ) Front Pedestrian Braking, (UK3) Steering Wheel Audio Controls and (UDD) Driver Information Center

NEW!  All Star Edition Plus, includes (PCM) Convenience Package II and (RD4) 20" aluminum wheels with Argent metallic pockets
1 - Not available with (PDP) Texas Edition Plus.
2 - Requires (PCH) Convenience Package with Bucket Seats. Not available with (PDP) Texas Edition Plus

• Like 1

For the 2020 models:

You can only get the "Available Bed View Camera" on SLT Sierra

https://www.gmc.com/trucks/sierra/1500/sle-elevation-slt/technology

However, the "Surround View" option is only available on Denali and AT4 models:

https://www.gmc.com/trucks/sierra/1500/denali/technology

Hoping the ""Surround View" option to be added to the SLT models in 2021.......

1 hour ago, gmcsierra71 said:

For the 2020 models:

You can only get the "Available Bed View Camera" on SLT Sierra

https://www.gmc.com/trucks/sierra/1500/sle-elevation-slt/technology

However, the "Surround View" option is only available on Denali and AT4 models:

https://www.gmc.com/trucks/sierra/1500/denali/technology

Hoping the ""Surround View" option to be added to the SLT models in 2021.......

Doubtful, there was talk of them adding it for 2020 too. The tech package was even selectable on the build and price for 1500 SLT very briefly and then it got pulled. Oddly enough you can get the tech package on HD SLT.

Half ton SLT makes do with the trailer camera package that gives a 270 degree overhead view with the front blacked out.

3 hours ago, jlong1984 said:

NEW!  Safety Essentials Package, includes (UEU) Forward Collision Alert, (UHY) Automatic Emergency Braking, (UKJ) Front Pedestrian Braking, (UK3) Steering Wheel Audio Controls and (UDD) Driver Information Center

This is a pretty nice package for them to add to the WT/ Custom models. Takes care of that horrible cluster and lack of steering wheel radio controls. 

12 hours ago, BigMick2020 said:

They aren't making them because they don't sell, why would it be worth more for something that sits in the dealer lots ?

Lol. For those that actually use their truck as a truck it's not rocket science. 

2019/2020 4x4 Loaded SLT, AT4 and Denali Double Cabs will have the highest resale value of any truck from the past 5 years or for the next five years. If you can't understand that people who want a nice truck and actually use it for a truck would gravitate to the truck with the larger bed, not sure what to tell you. 

• Like 3

Lol. For those that actually use their truck as a truck it's not rocket science. 

2019/2020 4x4 Loaded SLT, AT4 and Denali Double Cabs will have the highest resale value of any truck from the past 5 years or for the next five years. If you can't understand that people who want a nice truck and actually use it for a truck would gravitate to the truck with the larger bed, not sure what to tell you. 
If you're talking specifically resale value you might be right, but people aren't buying them new like that, if they were, gm wouldn't discontinue them. They make what is in demand and dont really care about the second or later owners.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I really can’t see in what world a double cab would have higher resale value. The reason GM is killing them is market demand, which is low in those trims. Majority of these trucks are used as commuters/family haulers and its the biggest market for them so logically, crew cabs in those “loaded” trims outsell everything else by a wide margin. That aside, it’s not like your double cab edition truck can be considered “rare” when still thousands and thousands have been made and sold so far. It’s not like it’s a limited run Ferrari lol.

• Like 1

Double cab SLTs are not going to Barrett-Jackson in 5 years, they are going to a used car lot. Where they will be listed for less money than the equivalent crew cab, just as they are now. They cost less up front and sell for less used.

Nothing wrong with buying one if it fits the bill, but being uncommon does not mean desirable. It usually means the opposite in mass produced modern vehicles.

• Like 3

On 7/11/2020 at 11:05 AM, redwngr said:

GMC Sierra /Denali 1500

Deletions

(GCI) Carbon Black Metallic

I'm kinda shocked about this. The #1 compliment I get on my truck is the paint/color. 

12 hours ago, superhighsierra said:

No such thing as a Denali Double Cab. ?

• Like 2

On 7/11/2020 at 9:52 PM, ausomecasey said:

...it would nice if they gave 2019/2020 models wireless CarPlay. I’d even pay for that upgrade. 

Same here. I'm pretty sure the hardware is present for it as well. All you need is Wi-Fi and these trucks already have that. If these trucks don't have the new infotainment screen of the Tahoe and it is just an "updated" 8 inch screen then I see no reason they can't update the old ones. Or at least maybe we would be able to install the "new" radio into our trucks. I'd rather pay for that than trade in my truck to get a new one

3 hours ago, jlong1984 said:

No such thing as a Denali Double Cab. ?

I stand corrected. Always thought there were. 

13 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Double cab SLTs are not going to Barrett-Jackson in 5 years...

spacer.png

LMAO that was pretty funny...

But you are wrong on the rest. They already go for similar and the older they get, the more the double cabs sell for. Look at literally every other truck apples to apples. Most people aren't going to spend 50k on a "work truck" they are going to beat around but they will gladly spend 30k on a 5 year old truck with low miles. It is what it is. Don't shoot the messenger. 

Edited by superhighsierra

13 hours ago, tinbad said:

I really can’t see in what world a double cab would have higher resale value. The reason GM is killing them is market demand, which is low in those trims. Majority of these trucks are used as commuters/family haulers and its the biggest market for them so logically, crew cabs in those “loaded” trims outsell everything else by a wide margin. That aside, it’s not like your double cab edition truck can be considered “rare” still thousands and thousands have been made and sold so far. It’s not like it’s a limited run Ferrari lol.

If you really can't understand why a 6 1/2 foot bed would be infinitely more valuable for those who want to camp & sleep in the bed, tote dirtbikes & motorcycles, surfboards, truck campers, etc, I'm not sure what to tell you. For utility purposes a 6 1/2 foot bed gives you an infinitely better vehicle. There are so many things that fit perfectly in to the back of a 6 1/2 foot bed that don't fit into a short bed. If you need a back seat to haul around adults that's great, but it goes back to why the hell would you buy a pickup truck if you want to drive 4 adults around?

I know most people don't look at it this way and just bought their trucks because nowadays it is trendy to buy a truck and they never intend to use it for more than moving Spalding out of his dorm room, but for those that actually use a bed 6'6 is the perfect size for 90% of stuff that you haul. 8' bed makes your vehicle way too long and a joke to drive. Double cabs also have much better proportions than crew cabs. Double cabs were the original pickup design and when everyone realized how "cool" they were, they created the crew cab to appeal to the sheep. 

1546692055_ScreenShot2020-07-13at1_05_52PM.thumb.png.5401118f1e16a5be61fea99656a8c9ec.png

Vs. 

spacer.png

I'm sure everyone will chime in that it is all opinion, but even Hellen Keller can see what the better looking vehicle is. Glad to know that I got one of the last nice ones ever made... 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

This is a pretty nice package for them to add to the WT/ Custom models. Takes care of that horrible cluster and lack of steering wheel radio controls. 

I believe arm rest storage is available as well.....

and there is no question needing 6'6'' bed (actually 6'9''now)..i dont mind dbl cabs at all, i just haul dry stuff in there anyway.....but yeah some of us have to have a standard bed and they are really tough to find in crew cabs....unless you move up to 2500.......if they kill the dbl cab they are going to have to make more std bed crew cabs

dont understand why you wouldnt want extra bed space anyway.....will always be a day when you wish you had it, kinda like a 4x4 truck

Edited by Dunn
  • Like 1