When I bought my truck in September, I couldn't believe how quiet the exhaust was on a 420hp motor. But I have to remind myself I'm not the target market because the majority of truck buyers these days want quiet and luxury. 

My first attempt was the muffler delete. I was looking for an affordable option since I was also looking at a potential real estate investment at the time. Honestly, it turned out really good. It was much louder on startup and in town but surprisingly quiet on the highway since I left both flappers in. The best part is it only cost $75. The downside was a slight drone on steady hills and a much louder DFM noise. I could have lived with that except I could tell the truck had a lot more in it. 

That brings me to my new Corsa exhaust. I've been hoarding these stimulus payments so I figured, why not. For anyone looking - CSP racing has the system around $200 less than anyone else and free shipping. Man... this exhaust really woke the truck up. I know people say this a lot but it really does feel like a different truck. The sound is excellent. My Corvette has the Corsa system as well and it sounds very similar to it on startup and high RPM. Throttle response is way better and it even climbs hills on my regular route a gear higher than it did before. You can just tell how much better the truck breathes with a catback system and those flappers gone. I didn't realize how restrictive they are. And in typical Corsa fashion, it's absolutely silent on the highway. The installation wasn't bad and only took a couple of hours with no lift. Getting the old system off was much harder than getting the new one on. I didn't want the cut the factory exhaust so I can go back to factory when I sell or trade the truck and even without my muffler in the way, it was a bear to get loose and drag out. The only downside is I wish it were louder at lower RPM but overall I'm really happy with it. Sorry, no sound clips yet. I'll work on that.

Thanks @TNTSilverado for suggesting this system and giving good advice. 

Anytime. Glad you like it.  This exhaust to me is worth the money. It’s a whole different truck. And btw. It will get a little louder once broken in. Startups in the morning are barking loud!!  I love it! The thing that sold me was the highway driving though, it’s dead silent cruising along, until you mash in it!

Enjoy!

7 hours ago, TNTSilverado said:

The thing that sold me was the highway driving though, it’s dead silent cruising along, until you mash in it!

It really is dead quiet and I'm impressed. It's even quieter than the Corsa system on my Vette on the highway. The best surprise is no funky DFM noises at low speeds. 

• Thanks 1

How does it compare to the borla atak? I'm in the market for a catback aswell. I can only go by sound clips on YouTube for the sound. The part that drives me crazy is the borla systems have to add the extension pipe (60706) for the crew cab standard bed truck. I want a nice 304 stainless system so its a toss up between afe, borla or corsa.

7 hours ago, NewfieZ71 said:

How does it compare to the borla atak? I'm in the market for a catback aswell. I can only go by sound clips on YouTube for the sound. The part that drives me crazy is the borla systems have to add the extension pipe (60706) for the crew cab standard bed truck. I want a nice 304 stainless system so its a toss up between afe, borla or corsa.

The Corsa system also adds an extension for the crew cab standard bed trucks. I haven't heard the Borla Atak system on the T1. But I had a Borla system on my K2 and compared to it, the Corsa is significantly quieter on the highway but still aggressive under throttle. It's uncanny how much it sounds like my Vette at idle. Either way, you're going to be happy with a catback system. It really wakes the truck up. They neuter these things from the factory. 

On 1/16/2021 at 10:22 AM, NewfieZ71 said:

I believe Borla finally offered the ATAK in a CB for the 6.2, previously they had not so I'd double check on that.  I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong, they probably do by now.

I had a custom setup made for me with the ATAK muffler and it sounds great.  I will say the ATAK is LOUD, so that better be what you want otherwise I'd suggest the S-Type or you could go with the XS but to me those are barely louder than stock.  Borla does come with a little drone, some people will say a lot, some will say not really, it seems to vary.  If you get a CB though the drone should not really be an issue.

I have never had Corsa on my truck, but if comparing my truck setup to Corsa on the vette, the Corsa is little quieter overall but a lot quieter on highway.  

Edited by 204Denali

I think I'm going to get the borla atak. I've called around to a few places and im going to bite the bullet soon. Up here in Canada prices are frigging crazy. Most places want any where from 1300 to 1800 bucks for this set up.

I had a 20% coupon at Realtrucks.com.  I paid $1180 total. It has been well worth it. 

I also had a Gibson on last truck and it was very nice. I bought that for $460ish at AutoAnything.com.  I might have bought it again if they offered it for standard bed, BUT after having this Corsa on for 5 months. It’s worth every penny. 

17 hours ago, NewfieZ71 said:

I think I'm going to get the borla atak. I've called around to a few places and im going to bite the bullet soon. Up here in Canada prices are frigging crazy. Most places want any where from 1300 to 1800 bucks for this set up.

it sounds awesome! and welcome to the Canada car tax lol 

On 1/18/2021 at 1:33 PM, NewfieZ71 said:

Good choice! somewhere around here I posted a video I made of installing my ATAK, near the end I have a bunch of audio clips of what it sounds like which came across in the video pretty accurately vs what my ears hear. I think the ATAK sounds amazing, and yet it still has the ability to be very mellow and quiet when you don't want it to be loud. you can hear it all the time, idle, low speed, cruise etc. but its a pleasant, reasonably quiet rumble at those low RPM situations with plenty of sound and volume during acceleration. Even with a much smaller muffler and no flappers it produces no drone and just like the stock system I can't hear anything at all regarding DFM. it really is a great product. I also like that if the ATAK ever proves to be too loud you can convert it to an S-Type just by replacing one piece in the system.

Thanks for the info. I dont think it will be to loud for me...the wife maybe but she will get used to it..haha. I watched your video. Excellent by the way. I will be purchasing it soon. Thanks again

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...