18 hours ago, ThatredneckguyJamie said:

How loud is the Corsa at start up? Wake the neighbors loud? 

If it’s cold outside. It can get a little growly!!  Just on start up. It’s a loud crisp growl then tones down quickly.  I love mine. I won’t put anything else on any other truck I buy.  The best part is the highway driving. You do not hear it. Until you step on it. 
Father had flowmaster on his F150 and I can’t stand riding in it.  Constant drone. 

Edited by TNTSilverado
  • Like 1

On 2/7/2021 at 3:03 PM, BluegrassMotorsport said:

It's essentially the Borla Touring system and a GM-specific CAI. 

I have both and I don't think that this is fully correct. They do have the GM Borla with the under the bumper exhaust, that require tips. But I believe that the GM performance for the through the bumper exhaust is designed by GM and built by Borla. It just ends at the chrome bumper bezels and has a GM rated 13HP bump, plus 2HP more for the CAI so a a total 15hp bump. Mine is getting slightly louder and sounds great when stepping into it, but pretty quiet when cruising.

GMC PerformanceExhaustDS.jpg

GMC PerformanceExhaustPS.jpg

Edited by Glava2876

• 3 months later...
On 2/10/2021 at 10:22 AM, Glava2876 said:

I have both and I don't think that this is fully correct. They do have the GM Borla with the under the bumper exhaust, that require tips. But I believe that the GM performance for the through the bumper exhaust is designed by GM and built by Borla. It just ends at the chrome bumper bezels and has a GM rated 13HP bump, plus 2HP more for the CAI so a a total 15hp bump. Mine is getting slightly louder and sounds great when stepping into it, but pretty quiet when cruising.

GMC PerformanceExhaustDS.jpg

GMC PerformanceExhaustPS.jpg

Which one to you is louder/better, the gm one built by Borla or the touring?

On 1/16/2021 at 8:22 AM, NewfieZ71 said:

How does it compare to the borla atak? I'm in the market for a catback aswell. I can only go by sound clips on YouTube for the sound. The part that drives me crazy is the borla systems have to add the extension pipe (60706) for the crew cab standard bed truck. I want a nice 304 stainless system so its a toss up between afe, borla or corsa.

I think many manufacturers do the same, design the system for short wheel base trucks then add an extension. other than the bother of needing to order 2 parts its really no big deal. during install you bolt the extension on while the muffler is on the ground, its really no big deal.

One thing I like about the ATAK is it is not silent on the highway. it's not loud by any means, you can easily listen to music or have a conversation with your cabin mates in non-elevated voices. its just barely loud enough that you can hear your V8 on the highway, as opposed to just wind and tire noise.

Actually I've got an in-depth follow up video on my system on the way, it still needs some work, but its coming. I installed some high end audio gear in my truck and tried driving it around, up and down hills, DFM on and DFM off, windows up and windows down, on ramps, even hooked up the trailer to see what would happen when pulling a load up some grades. All done with an SPL meter in the cabin also.  75mph with a 5000lbs trailer, low 60's on the SPL meter. Not silent, but far from loud, it's just the right amount of sound.

In my opinion the worse sound that Borla makes is at cold start up, where its much louder than I was expecting or wanted. but you can learn to live with that. it's something about the cold pipes. warm startup sounds great.

I'm still trying to decide on some last content for the video before I work on finalizing it and getting it posted.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2021 at 11:47 AM, kodiakdenali said:

I think many manufacturers do the same, design the system for short wheel base trucks then add an extension. other than the bother of needing to order 2 parts its really no big deal. during install you bolt the extension on while the muffler is on the ground, its really no big deal.

One thing I like about the ATAK is it is not silent on the highway. it's not loud by any means, you can easily listen to music or have a conversation with your cabin mates in non-elevated voices. its just barely loud enough that you can hear your V8 on the highway, as opposed to just wind and tire noise.

Actually I've got an in-depth follow up video on my system on the way, it still needs some work, but its coming. I installed some high end audio gear in my truck and tried driving it around, up and down hills, DFM on and DFM off, windows up and windows down, on ramps, even hooked up the trailer to see what would happen when pulling a load up some grades. All done with an SPL meter in the cabin also.  75mph with a 5000lbs trailer, low 60's on the SPL meter. Not silent, but far from loud, it's just the right amount of sound.

In my opinion the worse sound that Borla makes is at cold start up, where its much louder than I was expecting or wanted. but you can learn to live with that. it's something about the cold pipes. warm startup sounds great.

I'm still trying to decide on some last content for the video before I work on finalizing it and getting it posted.

Cold start up is the best part of the ATAKs lol 

On 5/30/2021 at 10:24 PM, 204Denali said:

Cold start up is the best part of the ATAKs lol 

To each their own. I'm all about the burble at idle and cruise and the roar on an on ramp or while passing. I could do without the scream upon cold start.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 12:23 PM, kodiakdenali said:

To each their own. I'm all about the burble at idle and cruise and the roar on an on ramp or while passing. I could do without the scream upon cold start.

Fair point.  I'm the opposite just enjoy the loud startup and quiet drive after that.  If I'm wanting the roar and idle I take the vette for a drive.

On 6/8/2021 at 9:32 PM, 204Denali said:

Fair point.  I'm the opposite just enjoy the loud startup and quiet drive after that.  If I'm wanting the roar and idle I take the vette for a drive.

Also a fair point 🙂

however my Denali's startup is way louder than my cammed Corvette, even with its exhaust in loud mode.

Yes, the loud cold start up never really bothered me at our old house since it was in the garage.  But now in a new house with closer neighbors and truck is outside. It kind of bothers me some, especially on those 5AM mornings that we have to leave the house for an Ainsley's Angels even. 

But the sound while passing or going up on-ramps and such is awesome.  Quiet as can be just cruising down the interstate.

On 6/10/2021 at 12:07 AM, kodiakdenali said:

Also a fair point 🙂

however my Denali's startup is way louder than my cammed Corvette, even with its exhaust in loud mode.

Interesting, mine is the opposite.

your 6.2 just has the full ATAK CB correct? 

The ATAK's are loud, so depending on setup you have on vette I would believe this lol 

On 6/11/2021 at 7:36 AM, 204Denali said:

Interesting, mine is the opposite.

your 6.2 just has the full ATAK CB correct? 

The ATAK's are loud, so depending on setup you have on vette I would believe this lol 

That they are!

The Vette has a B&B fusion system, its just right. I'm more about the tone of the sound than the volume, I actually prefer the volume to be moderate as long as the car sounds just right. My experience has been if the vehicle has stock cats and manifolds that going with an exhaust that is on the louder (or loudest) side of what a manufacturer offers usually gives me the right amount of sound. The ATAK is the loudest I've ever had by far, much more than I expected.

Here is my follow up, if anyone is considering the ATAK lots of great experiences with it here. I'm really happy with the exhaust overall, I just wish it were a little quieter starting first thing in the morning.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 8:24 PM, kodiakdenali said:

That they are!

The Vette has a B&B fusion system, its just right. I'm more about the tone of the sound than the volume, I actually prefer the volume to be moderate as long as the car sounds just right. My experience has been if the vehicle has stock cats and manifolds that going with an exhaust that is on the louder (or loudest) side of what a manufacturer offers usually gives me the right amount of sound. The ATAK is the loudest I've ever had by far, much more than I expected.

Here is my follow up, if anyone is considering the ATAK lots of great experiences with it here. I'm really happy with the exhaust overall, I just wish it were a little quieter starting first thing in the morning.

Sounds great.  Mine is definitely more raw with the ATAK in a custom CB, but yours has a more clear/consistent tone to it.  I like that.

I am however fathomed that your truck is louder than your vette which has cams you said, do you not press down on the pedal? lol jk 

57 minutes ago, 204Denali said:

Sounds great.  Mine is definitely more raw with the ATAK in a custom CB, but yours has a more clear/consistent tone to it.  I like that.

I am however fathomed that your truck is louder than your vette which has cams you said, do you not press down on the pedal? lol jk 

interesting, the custom sounds different from mine even with the ATAK? its amazing how much of a difference exhausts can sound with only small differences in gear. one thing that's nice about the long wheel base is Borla incorporated the extension pipe before the muffler, moving the muffler can itself farther back relative tot he driver's position, this is supposed to be good for drone resistance.

yep, I definitely put my foot down in the vette also! it can get pretty loud at high throttle, but I think the truck is still louder. hard to estimate. I actually had Borla on the vette also at first before switching to the B&B, the Borla (Stinger) was too loud. had a great sound to it, but it droned horribly to the point that the car wasn't fun to drive anymore. it made the car so much better to go to the B&B, its a tad quieter than the Stinger and if it ever does start to drone (which it does sometimes) I can just flip the switch into quiet mode and the drone is completely gone. They really did a great job designing that system, and the tips they offer are by far my favorite tips for a c5, the quad ovals. it matches the look and style of the car so well.

49 minutes ago, kodiakdenali said:

interesting, the custom sounds different from mine even with the ATAK? its amazing how much of a difference exhausts can sound with only small differences in gear. one thing that's nice about the long wheel base is Borla incorporated the extension pipe before the muffler, moving the muffler can itself farther back relative tot he driver's position, this is supposed to be good for drone resistance.

yep, I definitely put my foot down in the vette also! it can get pretty loud at high throttle, but I think the truck is still louder. hard to estimate. I actually had Borla on the vette also at first before switching to the B&B, the Borla (Stinger) was too loud. had a great sound to it, but it droned horribly to the point that the car wasn't fun to drive anymore. it made the car so much better to go to the B&B, its a tad quieter than the Stinger and if it ever does start to drone (which it does sometimes) I can just flip the switch into quiet mode and the drone is completely gone. They really did a great job designing that system, and the tips they offer are by far my favorite tips for a c5, the quad ovals. it matches the look and style of the car so well.

Yeah mine is a lot louder than yours, but I think it has quite a lot to do with the piping like you said between your setup and mine. I do not have any flappers anymore, still have cat of course, and it is loud but yours is a little more toned down and clear (which I    like) and I most likely have more drone than you I would assume because of that.

I cannot stand drone on my perf cars, reason I do not have borla ever on them.  I run the Corsa Extreme setup currently w/o headers (yet) and its damn loud on WOT but causing zero drone, love that about Corsa and I  also think investing in a quality CB makes world of difference when it comes to drone.

I  have heard the B&B sound clips, I do love that sound as well.  I've never driven or been in a C5 to be honest, but I hear nothing but good things about that gen from those who have.