275/65/18 too small?

njrado4x4

What's up guys, new to the forum, i finally got around to buying a leveling kit for my 2011 silverado z71 and now I'm tire shopping. I'm probably going with the general grabber at2 275/65/18 on stock rims but I'm worried they'll look too small. I only have 3.08 gears and was thinking about 275/70/18 but I'm worried about putting too much strain on the transmission. Ive been spending way too much time trying to find pics of trucks with 275's and haven't had much luck. all i seem to find are pics of the overly popular and expensive 285/65/18 (almost all on truck with 3.42's). any opinions or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot guys

Just to add another opinion...

After leveling kit, I kept stock rims and tires at 275/55/20. Still love the look. Leveling by itself accomplished what I was after. I have the 3.08 too and had the same concerns about lowering that ratio even more with larger tires, but I wouldn't think one size larger is a big deal.

Just to add another opinion...

After leveling kit, I kept stock rims and tires at 275/55/20. Still love the look. Leveling by itself accomplished what I was after. I have the 3.08 too and had the same concerns about lowering that ratio even more with larger tires, but I wouldn't think one size larger is a big deal.

do you have anymore pics of your truck?

What's up guys, new to the forum, i finally got around to buying a leveling kit for my 2011 silverado z71 and now I'm tire shopping. I'm probably going with the general grabber at2 275/65/18 on stock rims but I'm worried they'll look too small. I only have 3.08 gears and was thinking about 275/70/18 but I'm worried about putting too much strain on the transmission. Ive been spending way too much time trying to find pics of trucks with 275's and haven't had much luck. all i seem to find are pics of the overly popular and expensive 285/65/18 (almost all on truck with 3.42's). any opinions or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot guys

Keep in mind that 275/65/18's will fit without a levelling kit, so you could potentially go bigger if you want a more aggressive look with the kit.

Here is what my 2009 looks like on Bridgestone Dueler Revo 2 275/65/18's on the stock suspension. Excuse the wheels, they are my cheap tire rack 18" "winter rims".

44QfC8E.jpg

Edited by DanMan_S

I'm running 275/65/18's with a 2" level kit in front, and 2" rear block in place of the factory 1.25" block. It's not an overly aggressive look, but looks much better than stock, IMO. I'm very happy with them. They're an LT tire, but in load range C. My average MPG and overall driving manners (acceleration, shifting, holding 6th gear on the highway, etc) haven't changed much at all. My avg MPG dropped by 1 MPG or less. You'll notice quite a change if you go to a 275/70/18, with your 5.3 and 3:08 gears. I don't have pics on my work computer, but you can check out my gallery if you want.