Not to be a wise guy, but, what should I be looking at?

I've driven two 2015 GMC Sierras that were smooth as silk, so I know they exist.

I test drove 12 or 13 of these trucks (Sierra and Silverado). 10 of them vibrated pretty bad. 2 I couldn't really notice it.

The 2015 I finally settled on after BBB'ing my 2014, I also couldn't notice it. Guess what. It ended up being a vibrator, and has been in the shop twice now. They're replaced 2 tires, and the rear axle assembly.

DON'T KID YOURSELF. Test drive more or move on to another brand. You DO NOT want to get involved in this.

Also, for the record I bought on GM employee discount.

For those that do not know, when you buy or lease on GM employee discount, you sign away your rights to ever sue GM over anything related to the sale of the vehicle.

In other words, you are stuck with that brand no matter what, and can never get any sort of refund or buyback.

Yes they can do things like MSRP to MSRP trades, but your money belongs to GM after you sign that paperwork.

And no, they won't let you not sign that piece of paper on the day of the sale.

hey guys so i have a 2015 silverado 4x4 double cab with the 6.5 bed.....its 2lt model well equipped sticker was 48k....

ive had my truck in the shop two times for this vibration issue. both times they road forced balanced the 20" goodyear sr-a tires and came back with " that should do it"

well its still shaking and going in for the third time!!! my question is it seems like this problem is just engineered into the truck and its not something that can fixed will GM buy back my truck if it cant be fixed i bought it in april and have 7k miles but the problem started at 3k miles

I thought same thing when I seen these tires on my Denali but GY claims they are "All Terrain".

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/wrangler-sr-a

I have the print out from 5 tire shops and every one calls them a highway all season. Good Year only recently added the all terrain. nobody considers them all terrain, and in this case legally it be will common consumer perception that wins as GM doesn't tell you up front which tire they use as all terrain on their website. I also have printouts of that.

Edited by Jesse D

hey guys so i have a 2015 silverado 4x4 double cab with the 6.5 bed.....its 2lt model well equipped sticker was 48k....

ive had my truck in the shop two times for this vibration issue. both times they road forced balanced the 20" goodyear sr-a tires and came back with " that should do it"

well its still shaking and going in for the third time!!! my question is it seems like this problem is just engineered into the truck and its not something that can fixed will GM buy back my truck if it cant be fixed i bought it in april and have 7k miles but the problem started at 3k miles

Ha...well you have many more hairs to pull out of your head and documentation to produce before you're close to that. They offered to "settle" with me which still would have cost me $5k or so to get into another truck, not much of a deal to me. Screw GM, fight to the death until the numbers work for you, not them! They created this issue...thankfully my local dealer took care of me, NOT corporate GM.

Sent from my iPhone

Ok, so I talked to my service department today....

They say they performed the fixes for the recall, but didnt verify that it worked (SERIOUSLY?!?!?)... they want me to come find out for myself. they also said that they reprogrammed the OBD for updated transmission, timing etc. They "looked the truck over from top to bottom and could not find any cause for vibration: They say they do not feel any vibration either, then proceeded to argue with me that any vibration in the truck would not be detrimental to it, and that its just the way the trucks are designed, its "normal operation" I informed him that "I am a Mechanical Engineer... (Yes I really am) I know exactly how vibrations affect parts. Regardless of how you look at it, the vibrations do cause excess wear on the parts, and they will fail sooner because of it, whether it was by design or not. You even just admitted that GM knows about the issue so it is not by design, the trucks have a defect and it needs to be fixed."

He got all p*ssy about this forum and how we figure stuff out before he knows about it from GM and tried saying that I should stop coming on here because anybody can post anything they want and blah blah blah blah f*ckin blah. I told him that "they have been right about basically everything I've told you about, and we figure it out before GM does anything about it, so no, I will keep coming here to post information I come across and get more from what other people find, especially since we clearly can't trust GM being that they have been trying to figure it out since the '14 models came out." he got even more mad, and just said that "he wants me to come in and take him or a tech for a drive to see if any of the problems are still there, but until GM comes up with a fix for the vibration, there is no point in bring it in because we are just spinning our wheels." I said "that may be true, but every different tech who looks at it is just another opportunity to find an issues that may fix the problems, plus this is the FIRST time you guys have actually done anything for it in and I'm on my third visit for it".

I'm going to stop by on my way home from work tomorrow and test their other trucks and take mine out, just like he wants.

In addition, now that I have the 3 repair attempts needed to file lemon law, I feel more comfortable, but I am going to give it another 2-3 months so see if a fix comes, if it does, great, if not, I will be filing. In the mean time I will continue to work on the class action if people want me too, otherwise I will pass all of my info for it on to anyone who wants to take over. I do like the look of my truck, but I'm not going to deal with this vibration forever.

Edited by Jesse D

Update on my truck. Got tires RF balanced about 3 weeks ago. Got it back, rode smooth as silk. And then last night happened. Not sure if it threw a weight or what but again at 76+ I'm getting a vibe coming through. I believe on my truck it is tire related though. May just need to invest and get nice new tires

What is strange is that I have never heard of crappy tires causing come and go vibration problems. That tells me the trucks just don't have enough absorption in the body mounts with this new design. My truck still has some vibes that come and go based on tire temperature, never had that in a truck before.

Thing is if it was a bent rim I would have noticed it when I picked it up. I put on a lot of miles, probably about 2k since I picked it up, and all of a sudden I started feeling the vibe again right after I was done telling my buddy it was fixed. I also noticed I had a random shake slowing down from 55, like real bad, but it only happened the one time yesterday and I kept trying to simulate it with no result.

I believe this truck to be bad luck for me. Day after I sold my lifted truck I hit a deer, that was the 14th. Then the 22nd (both Sept) I hit another deer or the opposite side. The first hit broke the headlight mount drivers side so it shakes going down the road lol. Time for me to upgrade to a 2500 dmax with a heavy duty bumper lol

My disappointment lays with the dealer thus far. I took my 2015 Sierra Denali in for vibration. The tech took it for a ride and returned to tell me there was design defect causing the vibration; fuel management v4. He didn't put it on the rack; he did no inspection, no balance check, no RFV check, no nada. I took it back a few weeks later with data I collected on when the vibration occurred; v4/v8, speed, tire pressure, 4wd/2wd/auto, and road conditions. No significant cause jumped out. I gave the dealer service advisor the tech the data. The same tech drove it again. He also drove another similar vehicle. (He claimed it had the same condition.). He checked RFV and declared the numbers in spec (17, 15, 12, and 4lbs) and made no vector adjustments, nor balance adjustments. The RO simply stated no fix available for vibration caused by the fuel management system. Basically, the ignored the data (some 80 occurrences over the period). Based on past experience with RFV, if properly done (with wheel to tire vectoring), it will probably solve most of my issue.

So, the battle rages on...

Ok, so I talked to my service department today....

They say they performed the fixes for the recall, but didnt verify that it worked (SERIOUSLY?!?!?)...

They "looked the truck over from top to bottom and could not find any cause for vibration".

What recall? AFAIK, there are no active recalls??

Do you mean TSB's or some other internal document?

Did they actually measure runout of the prop shaft, u-joints and check ring and pinion backlash?

The only way you can get GM to buyback or trade your truck in for a new one, is to start a BBB case, or get a lawyer. If you bought on GM discount, you signed away your rights to sue, so, your only course of action is the BBB and arbitration.

After your 4th unsuccessful repair attempt (look up your state's laws, this is the case in Michigan), your BBB agent will work with a GM agent and setup arbitration. GM knows they have problems, so what will happen is itll be 2 months or so of waiting for arbitration...then literally 1 or 2 days before your case date, GM will call you and give up, and offer full MSRP trade. Do not accept anything less (they will call and offer you crappy deals once or twice, say NO).

Hopefully you have all service records from your visits, you will need them for when you go online and start the BBB case.