Well...I've paid close attention to this topic. Obviously, as I am contemplating a new 2015 Sierra SLT.

Dealer called me and said he has a loaded black 2015 SLT Sierra for sale at a good price.

I told him I would only buy the truck after I test drove it. Told him, and his sales manager, about this forum and topic.

Test drove it. Has a pronounced shake at 60 to 67 mph. Tapers off after that.

Told him to find another one; not going to buy it, no matter what the price is. Too bad, it's a loaded black leather with black exterior. Nice truck.

I've driven four 2015 GMC Sierras off the dealer lots. Two have an oscillation or shake.

Geesh. What's a buyer to do?

Lee

not get a 14 or 15... attempt to check out the 16's when they are released, then worry that GM only masked the issues instead of fix them.

Well mine seems to be gone after roadforceing the 3d time and who knows how many tires...... on a long 4 hr 85mph drove a tiny teensy vibe may have been their but i also may have been fooling myself hard to confirm.

But still the issue where GM is still not looking at reason with the SRAs being all season but me paying for AT tires. The whole world knows they arent AT except GM. They say whats factory is right 100% of the time and their is no error possible.

Edited by afireinside7444

Posted my problems back in June(post 4790) Brought it back in middle of August before I took a big trip(1500 miles). My vibes were getting worse and worse.Any speed above 70- 72 Liquids would vibe out of my cup and leg would get numb. They said there was a recall on some kind of mounting bracket for brake line on rear axle. They also balanced and rotated tires for 4th time .Sounded fishy but it has been vibe free for around 4000 miles. It drives just like the day I bought it. Not sure how a brake cable bracket could cause vibes or they finally balanced it right. A coworker had vibes too. Told him about the recall He took his to different dealer his vibes gone too... Im just glad its normal again. :D Had vibes for around 9000 miles now have 25000 miles...Hope this helps

Edited by redtrucker

Just dropped mine off at dealer this morning after 10 days and 900 miles. Per what's happened with most of you, they are checking tires for balance and/or flat spots. Have had 2 loaners (Z71 4WD and LT 2WD; both dbl cabs) within the 10 days (first minor issue not vibration related) and both have had a smooth ride compared to my LTZ. 500 highway miles this past weekend and it felt like I was sitting in a vibrating massage chair; not a feature I saw on the window sticker....... Maybe I'll be one of the lucky owners and be able to move on to more positive topics. Will update with results when I go back to check the results

Hmmmm .... Just noticed the current loaner has Continental tires instead of Good Year like mine....

Picked up the truck this afternoon. Got 4 new Good Year tires under warranty as the road force balance numbers for every tire were too high to be able to balance any of them. Numbers ranged from 27 to 51lbs while the max acceptable per GM is 18lb. Vibrations are gone and I'm a very happy camper..... I guess I'm one of the lucky forum members since the balancing hasn't fixed the problem for so many. Edited by RoadieWingZ

Posted my problems back in June(post 4790) Brought it back in middle of August before I took a big trip(1500 miles). My vibes were getting worse and worse.Any speed above 70- 72 Liquids would vibe out of my cup and leg would get numb. They said there was a recall on some kind of mounting bracket for brake line on rear axle. They also balanced and rotated tires for 4th time .Sounded fishy but it has been vibe free for around 4000 miles. It drives just like the day I bought it. Not sure how a brake cable bracket could cause vibes or they finally balanced it right. A coworker had vibes too. Told him about the recall He took his to different dealer his vibes gone too... Im just glad its normal again. :D Had vibes for around 9000 miles now have 25000 miles...Hope this helps

Do you have any info on the bracket recall?

I called the salesman yesterday and suggested to him that they address the Vibration issue BEFORE they sell the truck to me. Late yesterday he said they would look into it today.

I suggested to him that he take a ride with the Service and the Sales Manager and precisely point out the problem before they fix it.

I'm contemplating drawing up an agreement stating that if the problem rears it's head again they have three chances to deal with it, otherwise they buy the truck back from me at the price paid, no questions asked. And I want the GM Regional Manager to sign off on it as well.

I think I'm being logical and reasonable on this. What do you all think?

Lee

Edited by 4x4LJB

Good luck with that but I think they will just tell you to pound sand. I don't see GM signing off on anything. If you are that worried about getting a vibrating truck then I would not be looking at a GM.

Not to be a wise guy, but, what should I be looking at?

I've driven two 2015 GMC Sierras that were smooth as silk, so I know they exist.

Edited by 4x4LJB

Your not being a wise guy but I am being an *ss this morning! GM has made over a million of these K2 trucks now and if the vibrations were that wide spread then there would be alot of press about it. The people on here who have the vibes have a serious problem and it should be fixed but the majority of GM trucks do not have this problem, or at least a severe vibration. My truck was fixed by re-balancing the tires which is the case for a large portion of the vibe problems. I am just saying if you are that worried about getting a vibrating truck then don't look at GM. Look at the other 4 manufacturers but if you go to their forums you will find other problems that they have. Just do a good test drive but don't let every imperfection in the road make you think the truck has shaking problems because you will be concentrating on trying to find vibration problems. These trucks also have the stiffest suspension I have ever seen. Out 3/4 trucks at work ride smoother than my chevy but they also ride smoother than my F150 1/2 work truck.

It does it for each reply to the subscribed thread. I need to turn off email notices and just use Tapatalk

Yeah I know that but I get a lot of notifications lately with the same comment listed over and over. It will be like this

It does it for each reply to the subscribed thread. I need to turn off email notices and just use Tapatalk

Yeah I know that but I get a lot of notifications lately with the same comment listed over and over. It will be like this

People get impatient and go back to repost and at that point it posts it twice

Did it do it with mine as well? Is that why you used it as an example?

Edited by rdnckhntr94

But still the issue where GM is still not looking at reason with the SRAs being all season but me paying for AT tires. The whole world knows they arent AT except GM. They say whats factory is right 100% of the time and their is no error possible.

I thought same thing when I seen these tires on my Denali but GY claims they are "All Terrain".

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/wrangler-sr-a

Goodyear Wrangler SR-A®
  • All-Season
  • All-Terrain

Our best tire for highway driving with enhanced traction, optimized tread wear and handling on wet roads - complemented by a quiet ride. Trusted for original equipment on leading pick-up trucks.