Radio Reception Issues

You might want to check the antenna connection, though, as there are situations where the FM would work well but not the AM.  A poor connection would cause that, allowing the high frequencies of FM through the small capacitor created by the bad connection but blocking the lower AM frequencies.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I didn't read through this post, but I had horrible XM reception in my 2015 Sierra Denali. Any little tree branch, building, anything would cause it to cut out. It was to the point that I couldn't even listen to it while driving on residential streets. I had thr shark fin antenna replaced. It works great now. 

• 3 weeks later...

That's great but this thread is about regular radio reception, not satellite reception.  I have never been a big fan of the sound of satellite radio, to compressed and not near the sound quality of CD IMO.

• 2 months later...

I had a 2014 silverado 1500 WT with the cheapo 3inch screen radio and my reception was great and I had FM HD channels.  Now with my 2018 2500HD with a bigger screen radio I don't get HD channels but reception is ok 

Anybody could tell me how to get HD channels I'm in the DFW area and there is plenty of HD to go arround.

• 3 months later...

On a side note, has anyone tried doubling the lenght of the antana to see if this helps..?

I can't read the entire thread, but how about swapping in Alpines radio version for our Trucks, and make GM pay the bill?

Edited by flyingfool
  • Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:22 PM, tnchevy said:

That's great but this thread is about regular radio reception, not satellite reception.  I have never been a big fan of the sound of satellite radio, to compressed and not near the sound quality of CD IMO.

I'm guilty...I incorrectly bundled radio and satellite into the same category. I agree 110% on the sound quality statement, the CD is much better...so is the HD FM reception. 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2019 at 7:54 PM, mojohn said:

I want to re-install the stock AM/FM antenna mast. Of course, now I can't find the threaded adapter, it goes between the base and the mast.  Anyone got an extra they don't need? 

Thanks ,

John

2017 Silverado LT

When I got my 2014 it had a shorty antenna on it and radio reception was awful. I thought it was the shorty antenna so I went to the junkyard and pulled a few different types of antennas. These did not fix the FM reception to my liking but, my point to you would be try hitting the local pull a part and seeing if you can grab the part you are looking for.

Did anyone ever get FM radio reception better than factory yet with the stock radio?

Edited by Eddie 70

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

My wife drives a 2017 GMC Acadia and the radio has the same issue with reception being staticky on stations that are crystal clear on my 2015 Impala radio and was on her older Lexus.  It is annoying and we too wonder how to correct it if possible.  Will be searching for more information or upgrade.