2014 Silverado...Key Won't Go Into Ignition

A Fiesta ... now that's some feat of engineering right there! :crackup:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, you've got a point there ... :cheers:

On a positive note, the dealership delivered me a nice 2013 Ford Fiesta courtesy car that really benefited me during all this snow.

Was it a Enterprise rental? Would be odd if they gave you a non-GM branded courtesy car unless it was a supplied rental service.

I told you that there was a sure fix. If all the other problems were this easy, there would be a lot more happier truck owners.

I didn't doubt that a fix was available...just frustrated that I needed a fix with 250 miles. I was without my truck over a week with this "easy" fix...mostly due to the dealer waiting on GM to cut two new keys.

Try waiting that long after a lot tech stoves the entire passenger side of your truck in from bumper to bumper, while the body shop repairs your week old truck! Guess he was pulling it into a bay - must've been a Prius owner.

I was BEYOND livid .... I called asking why the F it's taking 3 days to repair brakes ... and that's when they dropped that little bombshell on me.7 years later, and their shoddy body work is starting to show through on the plastic front corner piece.

That dealer is no longer in business. I wonder why? :nonod:

And people wonder why half the area drives foreign ...

Try waiting that long after a lot tech stoves the entire passenger side of your truck in from bumper to bumper, while the body shop repairs your week old truck! Guess he was pulling it into a bay - must've been a Prius owner.

I was BEYOND livid .... I called asking why the F it's taking 3 days to repair brakes ... and that's when they dropped that little bombshell on me.7 years later, and their shoddy body work is starting to show through on the plastic front corner piece.

That dealer is no longer in business. I wonder why? :nonod:

And people wonder why half the area drives foreign ...

Wow...hearing this really put my frustration level in check.

• 3 weeks later...

Have a 2014 Silverado 1500 LTZ Dbl Cab........noticed the key was a bit difficult to slide all the way into the ignition cylinder, but if I wobbled it a bit it would eventually go in all the way. Truck has just over 1200 miles and it failed completely last week. Several different people tried unsuccessfully to insert the key to no avail. A call to ONSTAR and a tow to the dealer later revealed a breakdown in the ignition lock cylinder. The dealer does not have one in stock and it had to be ordered from Detroit so I have been without my truck for almost 5 days. Either these new center cut keys or the change in the cylinder itself needs to fixed. Dealer said they have had one other truck with a similar problem.

My rental was an Impala from Hertz with 1/8 tank of gas. I was told to make sure I brought it back with 1/8 tank or more or I would be charged an additional fee.. My credit card was charged $50 but I was told I would get it back if I returned the car as it was given to me. Funny, my other car is a Lexus and the dealer gives me a loaner with no caveats or restrictions.

Archived