Anyone installed a Sprint Booster Power Converter

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never had any idea they were made for the trucks. I can share my experience with a Sprint Booster for my wife's 2011 E350 Mercedes. We have owned several Mercedes since 1980, our first one, and I have always had a major issue with the throttle lag in them...all of them! After purchasing the E350, I learned about the Sprint Booster on the Mercedes forum. I ordered it and installed it. It is an absolute miracle. I have never driven a Mercedes that performs like ours does now. I don't know what the effect would be on the trucks, but I can attest to the fact that the Sprint Booster made a huge difference in how the Mercedes reacts to throttle input. I almost didn't order it because I never thought anything could fix the Mercedes throttle lag, it's part of the Mercedes personality...but the Sprint Booster fixed it big time!!! On the Mercedes, it just plugged in between the back of the throttle and the electronic throttle cable. A five minute install and the results was something just short of a Miracle, for Mercedes performance inprovement. That is my one and only experience with a Sprint Booster, but man, what a positive one. I don't need one in my Denali. With my mods and performance tune, it has all the giddyup anyone could want in a truck. Once again, just sharing my factual experience.

Sorry but after the Toyota fiasco you'd have to be out of your mind to plug some third party thing into the accelerator pedal sensor to re-map response.

Sprint power convertor? I have never heard of this until this post came up. I'm assuming it just changes the output signal from the pedal to the ECU?

My dealer said if I don't like the booster I can return it for a full refund, said hes never had one returned. They had a 6.2L crew cab lifted with 33's he said when you turn on the booster and mash the throttle it would haze the tires..so at this point I'm willing to try it!

I came over here from the jeep jk world and they are Huge over there, I personally have never run one but there a plenty of guys running them, I may look at one if you post a good review.

I think this thread should be deleted Icry!!! It sounds waaaayyy more dangerouse than running from 0-100!!

Update from car and driver on your truck, give me minute to remove my foot from my mouth.... you were right, I stand corrected. WOW.

Archived