Chevrolet to offer blacked out Silverado work truck from the factory

Zane

I really do wonder what the angle is with this. It looks sharp, I'm not gonna lie, but why the w/t?

I'm wondering if this is something like they did with the old s-10 extreme. Enticing younger buyers into the market.

But.. do younger buyers really flock to $30k full size trucks? Or at least.. in so far as.. can be tempted to buy one because of black stock rims? I would think truck people are truck people and would be attracted regardless. I could be wrong though.

I mean as someone who bought an LT and have been spending every spare dime I have trying to make it look like an LTz I should be one to know that looks are important to a truck owner. :lol:

I really do wonder what the angle is with this. It looks sharp, I'm not gonna lie, but why the w/t?

I'm wondering if this is something like they did with the old s-10 extreme. Enticing younger buyers into the market.

But.. do younger buyers really flock to $30k full size trucks? Or at least.. in so far as.. can be tempted to buy one because of black stock rims? I would think truck people are truck people and would be attracted regardless. I could be wrong though.

I mean as someone who bought an LT and have been spending every spare dime I have trying to make it look like an LTz I should be one to know that looks are important to a truck owner. [emoji38]

In the midst of buying my $20,000 4 year old truck, about to sign papers i almost backed out and bought a $30,000 08 RST regular cab. I was 18 at the time. The RST has far less options, but look 10x better. Sometimes the look of the truck is enough to pull some people towards that particular vehicle. I did come to my senses and bought the truck i have now.

You guys are missing the point. W/T trim has always been so much more reasonable then the upper trim levels. What makes a Work Truck look cheap??? The mismatched bumpers and grill, steel wheels, no window tint, no body side moldings etc. The W/T is only offered in a few colors, like red, silver, and white (might be missing a few). So, to get a sharp truck on the cheep... You buy a work Truck, put some wheels on it, tint the windows, and pull the bumpers and grill and paint them body color. Now GM is doing it for you for ~$1,500.... That’s an awesome deal! Now the whole black only is because they are using the current W/T inventory of back painted bumpers and grills.

I completely agree. GM needs to stop coming up with a special addition for every color. I want to see something unique, or at least up to par with the rest.

Speeking of "color", maybe the could come back with some "Two Tone" colors for an option on all the Silverados. I think I would like to see that.

With the prices of new, the best bang for the buck is to buy a 2 or 3 year old mint condition truck, do your own mods, and you'll have a raptor killer for half the price, and it will still be so close to new, you won't notice the difference.

this is why i bought my 2013 ( still bought new but dug deep to get me the 6.2) when its paid off ill go nutz!

• 2 weeks later...

So apparently they've hit the lots...not bad...just still wish they offered it on an upper trim level.

Hey all, first time posting. I have a 2015 Double cab WT on order and was looking at it before this package came out (ordered as soon as I saw this package). I was looking at the WT model in black basically because this package is what I wanted to do to the truck anyways. I like the flat black bumpers and the fact it still have the manual floor mounted 4WD shift. I love the look of the truck and can't wait for it to get to the dealership. I Basically started with a $34K (Canadian) truck, added $6800 in options and it has almost as much as an LT model has (less the 8" screen and remote start but plan on putting in a python kit.) I was looking at the higher models and dressing them up from there but the price was simply too much. This package is perfect for my price range and I really think it looks great.

Archived