So I've had a 2" RC leveling kit installed on my '14 Sierra SLT for about 4 months now, and since then put on 295/70/18 Nitto Terra Grappler G2's on 18" Method Mesh's. I love my wheel/tire combo, but every time I walk up to my truck I'm somewhat dissatisfied with my leveling kit. There is still a rake, and my front end is still 1.5-2" lower than the rear.

My question is, in lieu of putting a bigger leveling kit or a lift on my truck, is there a way to get my front end higher and still keep the nice stock ride?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could always replace the shocks with the like of blisteins or rancho quick lifts. They will help that front end come up. Looks about like the same rake I have on mine.

So I've had a 2" RC leveling kit installed on my '14 Sierra SLT for about 4 months now, and since then put on 295/70/18 Nitto Terra Grappler G2's on 18" Method Mesh's. I love my wheel/tire combo, but every time I walk up to my truck I'm somewhat dissatisfied with my leveling kit. There is still a rake, and my front end is still 1.5-2" lower than the rear.

My question is, in lieu of putting a bigger leveling kit or a lift on my truck, is there a way to get my front end higher and still keep the nice stock ride?

Do those tires rub at all anywhere? What is the backspacing on those wheels? That is perfect stance IMO. Love it.

Have you considered shackles to bring the rear level?

You're gonna have to fill me in on what shackles are. Leveling kits are about as far as I've taken any truck I've had

Do those tires rub at all anywhere? What is the backspacing on those wheels? That is perfect stance IMO. Love it.

The tires rubbed at full lock when I put them on, but it was nothing a little bit of fender well trimming could fix. And the Mesh's are a +18 offset.

Shackles are commonly used to lower the rear of the truck a small amount. I don't know who makes them for the new trucks yet but roughcountry and belltech are where I'd look

Shackles are commonly used to lower the rear of the truck a small amount. I don't know who makes them for the new trucks yet but roughcountry and belltech are where I'd look

I thought about loading the bed with some sand bags just to see what it would look like, but I don't want my rear end any lower than it is.

You could always replace the shocks with the like of blisteins or rancho quick lifts. They will help that front end come up. Looks about like the same rake I have on mine.

I'll have to look into this, thanks

Well the thing about 4 wheel drive trucks is that really any front lift over 2.5" requires an actual suspension lift to avoid problems with ball joints and tie rods. Now if the truck is 2wd (unable to view your signature at the moment) then spindles are an option as well

There's a 1" block between the axle and leaf springs and I believe you're able to remove the blocks without any problems. Honestly, I wouldn't want a truck perfectly level anyways, well that is if you actually use the truck for what it's intended for. Once you hook a trailer up to it or put any real weight on a perfectly level truck the rear will then be lower than the front so it will look bad. If it was me I'd keep it how it is. I was going to put a level kit on mine but since I have so much weight in my toolbox it actually lowered the rear enough to be a little more level while still having a good rake. I wouldn't mind a full 4" suspension lift though.

You can contact rough country and special order the 2.5" level kit. Its your 2" blocks and .5" spacer on top of the shock, but instead of the 2" rear block that comes with it, ask for a .5" block or remove the block all together.

I would prefer some rake though, just in case you have to haul something or tow something

Archived