How to Set Reverse Tilt Mirror Location

Newbie here...

I have a new 15 Sierra SLT with the reverse tilt mirrors. When you put it into R the mirrors automatically tilt downward to a specific location. For me, the location selected does not work...I want to modify or move where the mirrors point to when the truck is placed in R. I can't seem to locate how to do this. When in R, I can change the mirror location, but it does not remember that same location the next time the truck is placed in R. Help?

Thanks,

-James

OM suggests that only the pre-selected location is available.

Reverse Tilt Mirrors
If equipped with memory seats, the passenger and/or driver mirror tilts to a preselected position when the vehicle is in R (Reverse). This allows the curb to be seen when parallel parking.
The mirror(s) return to the original position when:
. The vehicle is shifted out of R (Reverse), or remains in R (Reverse) for about 30 seconds.
. The ignition is turned off.
. The vehicle is driven in R (Reverse) above a set speed.
To turn this feature on or off, see Vehicle Personalization on page 5-46.
I wonder if it just tilts down from the original position, so that if the original position is set wide then the tilt down is also wide?
Edited by redwngr

I am fairly certain my '04 2500HD LT had this capability...oh well. Maybe this is something GM could engineer into future builds.

It did, as does my 2015. In reverse, set your mirrors to where you want them then place in Park. They will return to that position (if feature is on) each time you put it in reverse. Just checked it...

It did, as does my 2015. In reverse, set your mirrors to where you want them then place in Park. They will return to that position (if feature is on) each time you put it in reverse. Just checked it...

Makes sense that they could be adjusted that way.

Hmm...just tried this. Put in Reverse, the mirrors tilted down halfway, I modified their position (still in R) then finished parking, placed in Park. Turned off truck then put back in Reverse....still only tilted down halfway. Thoughts??

Hmm...just tried this. Put in Reverse, the mirrors tilted down halfway, I modified their position (still in R) then finished parking, placed in Park. Turned off truck then put back in Reverse....still only tilted down halfway. Thoughts??

Year, model, brand?

Mine doesn't seem to save the down position independent of the up.

It appears to maintain a fixed number of degrees between the 2 positions.

If I adjust the 'down' position to be lower, then when the mirrors return to the up position, it (the up position) will also be lower. In other words, adjusting the mirror in either the up or down position seems to affect BOTH, but does not seem to change the angle between the 2 settings.

Mine doesn't seem to save the down position independent of the up.

It appears to maintain a fixed number of degrees between the 2 positions.

If I adjust the 'down' position to be lower, then when the mirrors return to the up position, it (the up position) will also be lower. In other words, adjusting the mirror in either the up or down position seems to affect BOTH, but does not seem to change the angle between the 2 settings.

With my vehicle in reverse, I changed the position of the driver's side mirror only. Took it out of reverse, and BOTH mirrors stayed in the last positions. Had to adjust both back to normal position.

With my vehicle in reverse, I changed the position of the driver's side mirror only. Took it out of reverse, and BOTH mirrors stayed in the last positions. Had to adjust both back to normal position.

That sounds like the "time out" issue talked about in other threads. When you come out of reverse, if you have the feature turned on in the menus, they should return to the memory saved position.