$96K Shelby Super Snake vs. $39K Camaro SS - Which is faster

Gorehamj

Only mentioned so if someone was watching on a small screen like a phone, they may miss it as it is kind of at the start of the video.

Curious when they will debut it without the camo? Detroit in Jan? But even then Sales & orders for the 2016's will still be just getting going.

I know they begin building the 2016 in October, but imagine with winter & dealer stock up, it will still be just getting underway in terms of sales.

Im thinking SEMA in Nov.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok i thought it was a 2016 camaro not 2017.

They have already started building them. Guy in our club ordered and has a build date of October. Supposed to start hitting lots mid to late October

a6c6d92a66aedd525946aff7d2e47d12.jpg

Ryan

If I had the means to buy one of these cars, it would be either the GT350 or GT350R, and drive it only when nice out. That way in 10 to 15 years I could sell it and recoup all the money and then some back again. Being born in 59 meant I missed out on the first muscle car era, and we are back into another muscle car era now. Hate to miss out again.

Unless something big happens those two cars are destined to be high value cars. This assumes that Ford treats these two models like they say they will. Almost willing to take retirement money and invest in one. Just need a bit more proof of concept on the engine.

Being within a tenth of second means they are equal. Why someone would choose one over the other based upon published times seems odd to me. Especially when the tests are done months apart, in different environments, with different drivers.

Would like to see Chevy take a go at the 5.3 and see how close they can get to 520 normally aspirated HP.

Odd that Yamaha took the flat plane crank out and put the GP cross plane crank in their R1 bike a few years ago to make it a better, faster AMA bike, then Ford takes the cross plane crank out and puts a flat plane crank in the Mustang. I have not been able to find out why this was done though. Was it to homologate the engine for some racing series maybe?

This engine needs to be a crate engine. Maybe even create a short block that can take the current stock Coyote heads with direct injection.

Unless you are going to be racing these cars, the performance numbers should not be the first thing to look at. And if the times are within a percent or two, the cars are essentially the same. Does not matter what car you have, or how many horsepower it has, given the right conditions on a public street, a Prius can beat a Z/28 across the intersection.

Archived