1 minute ago, SS502 said:

Seems plausible but it also seems like a sales pitch for a $399.99 app for your cell phone. I’m skeptical ? 

Asking my mechanic about it.

I noticed when I put the transfer case in auto the vibes are greatly reduced.

Anyone tried this?

3 hours ago, SS502 said:

Seems plausible but it also seems like a sales pitch for a $399.99 app for your cell phone. I’m skeptical ? 

Yeah, I wouldn't trust that app to diagnose the shake on these trucks. I have an EVA that shows my shake as being a first order tire vibration. Problem with that is the same vibration exists and I've ran three different sets of wheels/tires, two sets of axles and replaced a 4 rotors on a vehicle with less than 20k miles put on it in over three years.

Would cost less to buy a used EVA or pay the dealer to run the pico to get you the vibration frequency and then try and track it down from there. But there are still no guarantees.

• 5 months later...

Just as a heads up to this Soga 

I went to dealership to get an oil change and a tire rotation.  I’m at 56,000 miles and when I drove off I got on freeway and a shake that y’all are talking about was present.  I let the service writer know right away.  He stated maybe the tires need to be balanced.  3 shops and a brand new set of tires later still have a shake.  So then I’m really confused so take to a shop that has really good reviews and I’m explaining my story and he tells me let’s try and figure this out.  I said ok.  After about 30-40 mins he comes back with a caliper type thing on the drive shaft and shows this drive shaft is egg shaped now.  

Not or sure if it was a coincidence or just happened but to not have this issue and then find my drive shaft is bent I am pretty proplexed and will be talking with dealership on Monday.  Will report back if this fixes the issue.   

A7A838D0-F966-4E64-9875-40DE2C2806A8.jpeg

Edited by Csjumper2003

• 4 months later...
On 3/7/2016 at 9:28 PM, abominable z71 said:

This confirms something for me, my suspicion has been that these truck resonate at 39 Hz which means even slight disturbances can cause vibration issues. Which for tire speed peaks at about 75 mph. or 3 times the rotational speed of the tire. Because the rear end ratio is 3.42 in your truck the drive line angular velocity is approximately 39Hz at 65 mph. Confirms the problem is resonance and the body mounts like to transmit vibrations in the 39 hz region. Like you said the dent looked so minor you wouldn't think it would cause issues but if you have a resonance situation even something minor makes it way through. Thanks for the info

But would this still occur at lower speeds?  Mine shimmies at 20-25mph and again 45-49mph.  My 2014 Silverado has been in 3x now. Replaced the torque converter and not fixed.  Today the service dept said they had 3 other Silverados in with same problem and none of them exhibited the vibration/shimmy including mine.   At this point I am not happy that this problem continues to be undiagnosed.  

• 4 months later...

Has anyone on here had more “mild” vibrations at 70 and it worsen at 80+? Mine isn’t bad at any other speed Really. Pretty much 75 to 85 is the worst. I’m trying to weed out the “all speed ranges” vibration guys and the 70-80 guys that have fixed their issues. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I own a 2018 gmc sierra 1500 6.2 that I purchased new. All was going well until at approximately 23,000 miles the truck started vibrating. It is noticeable at speeds over 35mph. The sensation is like driving over rumble strips. The steering wheel shakes quite a bit. This is not constant. It comes and goes.  The dealership told me the cause was 2 front wheels that had dents. They balanced all 4 wheels and put the dented wheels on the back. That did nothing. I am now reading that it could be the transmission. I hope this is not going to be a fight with the dealership. I hope to get this squared away before the warranty expires. UGH

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 3/7/2016 at 8:57 AM, Bowtie619 said:

Hey guys,

I posted in the giant thread about my fix but I'm sure it's already gotten lost. I think this is important to at least have floating somewhere for someone to search.

Symptoms: At 60-70mph I was experiencing a severe shake/vibration. I could usually push 

Was your replacement driveshaft steel or aluminum? 

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2016 at 7:39 AM, dodge stomper said:

I drive a 2016 Silverado LTZ 4wd

I recently fixed my vibration issue, I found it was a faulty Torque Converter... It shuttered and shook at different speeds but not constant. GM warranty replaced TC and balanced tires and all Vibration was gone... I now love my LTZ....

PLEASE for those feeling my frustration check this out. I was about to use the OHIO lemon law to dump this truck but now all is right in the world again. If you need to PM me and I will scan and send the GM repair order.

Also IF your a internet surfer please spread this word as I am not going to, but felt it my responsibility as a Chevy Truck guy to post this.

Best DS

On 11/24/2016 at 7:39 AM, dodge stomper said:

I drive a 2016 Silverado LTZ 4wd

I recently fixed my vibration issue, I found it was a faulty Torque Converter... It shuttered and shook at different speeds but not constant. GM warranty replaced TC and balanced tires and all Vibration was gone... I now love my LTZ....

PLEASE for those feeling my frustration check this out. I was about to use the OHIO lemon law to dump this truck but now all is right in the world again. If you need to PM me and I will scan and send the GM repair order.

Also IF your a internet surfer please spread this word as I am not going to, but felt it my responsibility as a Chevy Truck guy to post this.

Best DS

Any chance that you might still have that GM Repair Order that you had mentioned in this post from way back when?