2016 Silverado LT - DL8 to DL3 Mirror Conversion - FINALLY Complete&#3

Got my mirrors hooked up and thinks to Phil door harness the process was super easy. Plus he sent pictures with the directions so that made the job easier. I did have to get the RYZ jumper but I used the link in this forum and it was easy to do. 

AC679C19-9D34-4512-AED3-566F49770B2D.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Recieved everything today. Did the drivers side in about an hour.  A lot of swearing but now i know what to expect on theother side. Took about an hour. Very easy to be honest

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Question for you guys. My dad has a 2015 lt with dl8 mirrors. He bought the dl3 mirrors. So if he buys the mirror harness for an LTZ and puts it all together, will it work in his truck? Or does his body control need wires? Any help is appreciated 

On 2019-04-26 at 5:34 AM, SULLVERADO said:

Question for you guys. My dad has a 2015 lt with dl8 mirrors. He bought the dl3 mirrors. So if he buys the mirror harness for an LTZ and puts it all together, will it work in his truck? Or does his body control need wires? Any help is appreciated 

The LTZ harness will be no good for him.  He will either need to buy a harness from @pgamboa or buy a kit from him to modify his LT harness.  I would start reading at page one in this thread:

• 6 months later...

PGamgoa is the man! I installed my upgraded mirrors with custom harness over the weekend. The install took me around 1 1/2 hrs. for both door harness's and mirrors. Phil has these harness upgrades figured out. Watch his video and the install will be simple and straight forward. Now what will be my next upgrade?

2018 Silverado 150 Z71.jpg

2018 Silverado 1500 Z71-1.jpg

2018 Silverado 1500 Z71-2.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hubbstx said:

The install took me around 1 1/2 hrs. for both door harness's and mirrors.

That's comforting.  I have been waiting for the weekend because there's not enough daylight after work to do this so maybe I will attempt this tonight!