2016 Silverado LT - DL8 to DL3 Mirror Conversion - FINALLY Complete&#3

That's correct.

This mod is for those with LT/SLE trims which don't have a Seat Memory option like the LTZ/SLT trims do.

LT/SLE trims generally come with the standard DL8 Mirror which is just Power Adjust, Heated and Manual Fold.

If you have Seat Memory, you should already have these mirrors.

Performing this upgrade gets you Power Adjust, Power Fold, Turn Signal, Puddle Lamps.

Also, you won't have the Auto Reverse Tilt option, or the ability to Fold with the Key Fob like you would have with LTZ/SLT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darn it, the main reason for me wanting to do this upgrade is so the seat memory would adjust the mirrors at the same time. The other features are just an added bonus.

• Like 1

Darn it, the main reason for me wanting to do this upgrade is so the seat memory would adjust the mirrors at the same time. The other features are just an added bonus.

Believe me... I wanted this option too as to why I decided to try and use the full DL3 Harness.

I even went down the path of getting the Seat Memory Module, Door Handle with the Memory Buttons etc. Additional Door Harnesses, switch harnesses, new window switches... I got deeper and deeper before calling it.

Not to mention a custom BCM Program to get the options in the DIC... just for seat memory. I had to stop the bleeding.

Edited by pgamboa

No - Just DL8 and DL3.

The Power Fold circuit is already present in the door harness for LT/SLE Trims. So if you were to get DL3 Mirrors, all you would need is to get the Fold switch for that functionality.

I also now have a Plug and Play Harness to take all the guess work on the circuits. Listed on the For Sale Section.

If you want to DIY, I also offer a DIY "Kit" which comes with the complete instructions on what wires need to be loaded as well as the pre-terminated wire leads. All you need to do is unwrap the harness and insert the wire leads.

PM me for more info.

If you have a kit thats plug and play Ill just go with that. Problem is that Im only finding DL3 mirrors with chrome caps. Is it possible to swap my painted caps with the chrome?

• Like 1

If you have a kit thats plug and play Ill just go with that. Problem is that Im only finding DL3 mirrors with chrome caps. Is it possible to swap my painted caps with the chrome?

Absolutely! Many us here actually swapped the chrome caps for their color matched ones. I sold my DL8 Mirrors with the chrome caps off the DL3.

PM me for more info on the PnP Harness.

Edited by pgamboa

You need to be careful removing the Chrome caps. I have just completed this last week and like I have read before on this forum, the chrome caps usually end up with broken tabs that secure them on the mirrors. I read where some speculated that the plating process effects the plastic making them brittle.

• Like 1

The mirrors I bought had the chrome covers and I ended up breaking tabs on both covers when I took them off.

When I took my color matched ones off my old mirrors, not a single tab broke.

So definitely be careful when taking chrome covers off. Might just be inevitable.

• Like 1

DL8 to DL3 conversion complete. I have to give pgamboa a huge thanks. If you don't have anything that's pnp, it would be a major pita to get this done. I doubt I would have done it if I had to run the wires through the door jamb myself and try to get them connected to the body harness.

Would have gone a little smoother, if I hadn't forgotten the order of which parts to put back on. lol Passenger door I forgot to put the plastic molding on before the door panel. Driver's side, I forgot to put the weather stripping on before the door panel. (guess that's what happens when you're trying to finish up at 9pm after working and kids going crazy).

Overall, this is a great mod to do and I'm glad I did it. Was one thing I missed from my old Tahoe.

• Like 2

DL8 to DL3 conversion complete. I have to give pgamboa a huge thanks. If you don't have anything that's pnp, it would be a major pita to get this done. I doubt I would have done it if I had to run the wires through the door jamb myself and try to get them connected to the body harness.

Would have gone a little smoother, if I hadn't forgotten the order of which parts to put back on. lol Passenger door I forgot to put the plastic molding on before the door panel. Driver's side, I forgot to put the weather stripping on before the door panel. (guess that's what happens when you're trying to finish up at 9pm after working and kids going crazy).

Overall, this is a great mod to do and I'm glad I did it. Was one thing I missed from my old Tahoe.

Like hearing success stories! Glad we were able to get you fixed up!

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=1921459

I got a 2016 2500hd WT and wanted to know if I can do this swap on my truck. That's the picture of the passenger cabin side harness connector.

Do you have a shot showing the entire connector? If your case, this retrofit might be a little more involved in that you would also have to source the switch harness that is part of the door panel trim. Also with 2500, I am little leary of something working not because the Vehicle Acceptability for Retrofit has some mention about BCM Cals/Memory Module Cals. I have yet to get a 2500/3500 truck confirmed on the upgrade. I am working with two members with 2500 trucks right now and it might be another week or so for those results and behavior. And even then, they are not WT Trims.

Edited by pgamboa

Do anyone know the part number for the harness from x505 to the mirror control

switch?

I took my driver side door panel for more testing. You asked for the switch harness part #. I'm guessing this is what you are looking for? 2016 LT, 1500, Crew Cab. Part # 15531476. This is the harness in the door panel that connects to the window switches and mirror adjust/fold switch.

Hope this help.

513c96884b7d2ab4ab5fb688fa6f39ed.jpg

Edited by pgamboa

Yes that same one, I connect the harness and install my mirrors and the signal on the mirrors work, I'm wondering if the power mirror and fold will work once I get the harness.

I haven't worked with someone who doesn't have power mirrors to begin with and looking to do this DL3 Upgrade, to be able to confirm whether this will work or not.