Android Auto Dealer Update

I purchased my truck in February of 2016, and used Apple CarPlay from day one, and never had an issue. Fast forward two years to an Android phone. I plug in, expecting the same easy set up as my work truck (2018 Silverado), and nothing happens. I was confused, as I remember when I bought the truck it was advertised as supporting Apple Carplay/Android Auto. After checking through several forums and MyLink version numbers, I realized it needed an update. Called the dealer and set an appointment, but when I arrived, I was told this was a "customer pay" update, (if I remember correctly, as of April 2017?) and it would cost me  ≈$50 to regain the functionality I purchased with the truck. Anyone else have this issue, and if so, what was the result? 

They are correct. Early build 16s only had Car Play support and needed a software update that wasnt released until March. I bought my 16 in January of 16. I received a mailer from GM when the update was available stating it was free until Dec 2016. They may have extended that to April 2017.

Contact GM customer service and see if they can help you. I have seen other threads here with the same scenario where the GM customer service account indicates they will get it taken care of.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...