Live Chat & Watch Chevrolet Introduce the 2019 Silverado Live HERE

Zane

6 hours ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Wonder if having so many “trims” will actually confuse people and hurt sales? I like the new look. Want to see a CC standard bed though.

Ryan B.

Hasn't hurt Ford or Ram to have an absurd amount of trims. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't hear mention of getting rid of the crappy transmission in the Silverado. I have a 2016 and it is the worst transmission I have ever had in ANY vehicle. Also, why have two obvious nontruck people introduce the new trucks. Neither one of them looks like they have ever driven a truck before. One needed a new suit that actually fit and the other sounded like a dock worker from London who would have never owned a pickup..

1 hour ago, inspectorudy said:

I didn't hear mention of getting rid of the crappy transmission in the Silverado. I have a 2016 and it is the worst transmission I have ever had in ANY vehicle. Also, why have two obvious nontruck people introduce the new trucks. Neither one of them looks like they have ever driven a truck before. One needed a new suit that actually fit and the other sounded like a dock worker from London who would have never owned a pickup..

What's wrong with your transmission? I guess people with accents and/or in suits shouldn't drive trucks?

I was certainly the wrong person to present the trail boss to first.
The "normal" trucks look awesome!
I'm totally digging the rear bumper with the tail pipes.
There are still some features I've to get used to, but hey, they can't please them all.
The new Silverado leaves the F150 and Ram in the dust, by miles.
Good job GM!

:)

so long

j-ten-ner

I was waiting for pickuptrucks.com to get their meat hooks on it. They seem to give the best info on what people are really curious about. I wish GM would have delved into the Powertrain dept. oh well, I’m sure more info will be dropped as we inch closer to this fall. 

There is still a lot left open:

HP and TQ figures

Full engine/powertrain options

Towing/payload (not really concerned but it's open)

Options on trim levels, I've said it before, but you can't have your cake and eat it with the current Silverado (max towing only available with LTZ and chrome, no Z71 appearance)

Gearing options

Driver modes (at least sport like F-150)?

Towing Mirrors

Camera Options

Concerns:

Aftermarket front bumper options (have to work with/around the gills)

Rear blind spot radar is in the bumper, so aftermarket bumper options. 

Whats Awesome:

3.0 inline Duramax (w/10spd according to Mr. Truck)

Factory 2 inch lift with round wheel wells (would be a great option on all trim levels)

More power/torque with 5.3/6.2

Larger Cab/Bed

"What's wrong with your transmission? I guess people with accents and/or in suits shouldn't drive trucks?"

You must own an older truck. At my dealership, there is a two-week waiting list just to have your transmission evaluated. I have a 2016 with the 6 spd that is worse than any 1960's truck. The service manager has told me that is all I'm going to get and that GM will not re-program them because it will hurt mileage. In stop and go traffic it hasn't any idea what geat should come next and will go into a neutral spot where it does nothing. Guess what? When I take it in they cannot "Duplicate" that problem so they don't fix it. JD Power said the GM transmission was one of the main reasons it was not in the top tier of trucks. If I were the CEO of GM I would not bring a cockney from London to sell my trucks to America. You might but I wouldn't. The big shot looks like he hasn't worn that suit for several years and needs to take some of his million dollar salary and buy a new one that actually fits.

3.0 diesel is an all GM designed and built engine.  GM Propulsion plant in Flint, MI is building it.  Silao will get production again, but the initial start of Crew Cab will be Ft.Wayne. 

One hope of mine is with a reduced payload that Plow Prep ends up on atleast regular and double cab (with select engines) like the F-150. 

13 hours ago, inspectorudy said:

"What's wrong with your transmission? I guess people with accents and/or in suits shouldn't drive trucks?"

You must own an older truck. At my dealership, there is a two-week waiting list just to have your transmission evaluated. I have a 2016 with the 6 spd that is worse than any 1960's truck. The service manager has told me that is all I'm going to get and that GM will not re-program them because it will hurt mileage. In stop and go traffic it hasn't any idea what geat should come next and will go into a neutral spot where it does nothing. Guess what? When I take it in they cannot "Duplicate" that problem so they don't fix it. JD Power said the GM transmission was one of the main reasons it was not in the top tier of trucks. If I were the CEO of GM I would not bring a cockney from London to sell my trucks to America. You might but I wouldn't. The big shot looks like he hasn't worn that suit for several years and needs to take some of his million dollar salary and buy a new one that actually fits.

I have a '16 6sp and I got a diablosport intune i3 for Christmas.  The difference is night and day!  Look into it.   I also disabled the 4 cylinder mode and adjusted tire ratios.   Love the programmer.    My neighbor has a '15 silverado and I let him buy a license and use my tuner, he also said that the shifting improved dramatically.

Warranty is not a concern, you can flash it back to stock before taking to dealer and they won't know.

"Warranty is not a concern, you can flash it back to stock before taking to dealer and they won't know."

I appreciate the info and am glad it worked for you. I was told that GM can tell that the tranny has been reprogrammed and then reset. Have you been in for service since you reprogrammed yours? I read about the programmer last year on the Chevy truck forum but the guy wasn't sure about the ability for GM to see that you had played with the computer. For a great company, they are really hung up on a bad issue. This tranny is abominable and should be fixed for all of us.

5 minutes ago, Loco-diablo said:

Ha ha.. sorry!
6th rings are on order!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just want to see a different Super Bowl. I am tired of watching the same game 

Archived