Has anyone taking the inner plates out of their sport bars? The part that says sierra/silverado in red and the remaining black steel around it. Im wondering how it will look as just the hollowed out bars. I also realize this is fairly simple to do and see (7 bolts) but I'm at work right now and curious if anyone has already done it and took pictures. 

Thanks

IMG_3872.jpg

Has anyone taking the inner plates out of their sport bars? The part that says sierra/silverado in red and the remaining black steel around it. Im wondering how it will look as just the hollowed out bars. I also realize this is fairly simple to do and see (7 bolts) but I'm at work right now and curious if anyone has already done it and took pictures. 

Thanks

IMG_3872.thumb.jpg.394b9171d251df1e63d13a10dcb038c9.jpg

Can you take a picture of the whole truck side view please? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, AllterrainX440 said:

This is the only one I have on my phone right now 

IMG_3731.JPG

why not remove it and see if you like it ??  it would be nice if it lite up ( with running lights) .

• Like 1

I got the idea at work and I will be here late tonight so no chance of doing it until tomorrow. Just figured I'd see if anyone else has done it while I dream about fishing at work. 

I’m thinking it’ll look good no matter the way you go. At least it’ll be easy to reinstall and you’ll finally get the chance to answer your own question and now ours lol

I think the whole point of having the plates is that it makes the truck look beefy.. I’ve seen people have taken them off and I’m sure the like it but I think it looks like the skip leg day, my personal opinion, I love my just the way it is..1aeda1ed37b9935aee5b0396ee2e0e44.jpg

I’m trying to get a third led lamp in between the existing ones since it looks like it’s missing a front teeth.. lol.

4 minutes ago, Viktorrocks15 said:

I think the whole point of having the plates is that it makes the truck look beefy.. I’ve seen people have taken them off and I’m sure the like it but I think it looks like the skip leg day, my personal opinion, I love my just the way it is..1aeda1ed37b9935aee5b0396ee2e0e44.jpg

I’m trying to get a third led lamp in between the existing ones since it looks like it’s missing a front teeth.. lol.

Hahahaha

it definitely looks great with them on but Im motivated to try because I see more people with them on their trucks by the day making mine less unique and I think it could look great as a throwback to the bars of the 80’s 

Hahahaha
it definitely looks great with them on but Im motivated to try because I see more people with them on their trucks by the day making mine less unique and I think it could look great as a throwback to the bars of the 80’s 

Make yours more unique then [emoji6]

• Like 1

I did it and like it a lot. Also added a step bar to the trailer hitch for all the people that can't park and tailgate. 
IMG_3925.thumb.JPG.c71e933a19a2a232958a54dcc3e0918b.JPG
IMG_3927.thumb.JPG.81e76297f461453c489218880fdb1ed2.JPG

Much better without the sheet metal added and Looks great! You now have Sierra memorabilia to add onto your garage walls [emoji6]