rae185

Husky Liners VS Weather Tech

Both are Max coverage floor liners, I bought the husky liners after seeing my buddies 2018 silverado with the weather tech liners. They Both are great in their own ways. I have some pro's and con's for both

I paid 210.80 on amazon, I don't recall  exactly what he paid for the Weather tech laser fit ones on their website its about 190 before shipping. 

Starting with the husky liners

Pro's

- Fit - I myself like the way that they fit, so much that i would say its perfect for me. They match the contour of the floors perfectly without coming up in any spots.

- Material -They used a good material with a nice rubbery feel. Easy to remove and clean, Pull them out spray them off with water let them dry and their are back to looking brand new out of the box.

- Stay Put Cleats - On both the driver and passenger side. The driver side has the factory "pop in" Holders that help keep them in place as well.

Con's

- Although they have the cleats to help keep them in place, The passenger side one does move around a little bit.

- They also do not go as high up on the sides as the weather tech liners, This can be a Pro or a Con depending on what you are looking for.

- If you have the Jump seat in the front they offer the liners in a 3 piece set to get full coverage of the hump in the center as well. I opted for no coverage on that but still, this could be a pro or a con again depending on what your looking for. 

I cannot speak for the weather tech liners, Since they are not in my daily driver. However I can say there is one con on the weather tech's. I noticed when I was riding in the other truck on the passenger side, The liner is supposed to hug the side, and it does not. Weather they had it packed and it bent the liner or what ever the case may be it doesn't fit properly now. and ill attach photos of both fronts and back.

Overall Im happy with the husky liners and ill continue to purchase them. They work for me just well.

Thanks for reading, If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message.

20180618_161755.jpg

Edited by rae185
  • Haha 1

The x/acts are even better being a soft pliable rubber! I’ve had the husky x/act for one full year in my 2017 Silverado that I bought last June. After a full year in New England, I’m very happy with them. I have the jump seat with the hump cover and the full liners, front and rear in my double cab. I actually took them out this past weekend for a good cleaning. I spend a lot of time at my summer place on cape cod during the season so they had plenty of sand and winter salt on them. I gave them a good hosing but when they dried they still looked a bit dirty so I got out a scrub brush and gave them a good scrubbing of a simple green and water mix. They look brand new!! I also have the husky box for under the back seat which sits in the garage because I travel on weekends with my dog and I like to give him as much room as possible, the box still looks brand new also.

In contrast, my buddy has a 2017 3/4 ton Denali diesel with weathertech liners. His are all curled up on the corners and are looking like crap. I’ll take husky over weathertech any day. The general consensus here has been husky over weathertech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Husky Liners All the way is my vote.  They just seem to be "heavier material"?  I'm on my....1, 2, 3, 4, 5th set in 3 Trucks and 2 Toyota Highlanders and every vehicle I've sold the carpets looked BRAND NEW.  Waiting for them to get the templates done so I can Order a set for my 2019 3500HD Crew cab as soon as possible! 

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the Husky liners for my truck. GMC 2500HD 4x4 Denali. They were easy to install and have held up real well. Pricing on Amazon, at the time, was less than WeatherTech and I really couldn't find anything significant in the way of negatives about the Husky.

A few pics right after I installed them.

DSC_0322_DxO.jpg

DSC_0323_DxO.jpg

DSC_0325_DxO.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, loganck97 said:

does anyone have the full coverage rear liner with the factory underseat storage?

I have the full coverage GM rear mat with the GM underseat storage bin. It fits fine. 

I did pick up some weathertechs from Kijiji. The reason I got them is because they have better coverage for the driver area especially under the gas pedal. I haven’t tried them with the underseat storage yet. They look to be the same thickness as the factory mats so I would think they fit the same. 

4 minutes ago, andre18centennial said:

I have the full coverage GM rear mat with the GM underseat storage bin. It fits fine. 

I did pick up some weathertechs from Kijiji. The reason I got them is because they have better coverage for the driver area especially under the gas pedal. I haven’t tried them with the underseat storage yet. They look to be the same thickness as the factory mats so I would think they fit the same. 

thanks for the reply buddy. I appreciate it. Seems like the general consensus seems to be that he huskys are a little more durable, and the lifetime warranty is certainly nice. not very many people have compared them side by side though

15 minutes ago, loganck97 said:

thanks for the reply buddy. I appreciate it. Seems like the general consensus seems to be that he huskys are a little more durable, and the lifetime warranty is certainly nice. not very many people have compared them side by side though

I meant the coverage for the Weathertechs in the driver area was better than the GM mats. I should have included that. 

I haven’t seen the Huskys in person. The Weathertechs I got from kijiji were a good deal which is why I got them. 

I would agree if your’e buying new, go with what the others are saying. 

Edited by andre18centennial

11 minutes ago, andre18centennial said:

I meant the coverage for the Weathertechs in the driver area was better than the GM mats. I should have included that. 

I haven’t seen the Huskys in person. The Weathertechs I got from kijiji were a good deal which is why I got them. 

I would agree if your’e buying new, go with what the others are saying. 

Oh my bad man I misunderstood. I thought you had the Huskys. but the weathertechs fit under the storage bin so I don't see why the huskys wouldn't

• Like 1