Zane

Birth Announcement: Our 2019 Silverado Has Been Built

2018-08-09 10.58.25.jpg

A Northsky Blue Metallic RST

Zane Merva

Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com

8/11/18

GM-Trucks.com is happy to announce the birth of our brand new 2019 Silverado LTZ. The healthy blue baby was born around August 8th or 9th and weighs about 4,900lbs. Baby blue is 231 inches long and has been assigned a VIN number of 8864. He was born in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Our delivery dealer is also excited for him to arrive via rail and truck but has to wait for baby blue to be invoiced before they know when that will be. Our big guy should be in our loving arms within the next month or so. 

The GM-Trucks.com family is so happy to accept this pickup truck into our lives. It has a long life of care and love ahead of it. Many a photo and video will be saved of baby blue's life. 

Friends wishing to send congratulations may do so at:

GM-Trucks.com

PO Box 63

Henniker, NH

Donations to our mods/accessory fund will be happily accepted to allow baby blue to live a full and extremely powerful life. 

But in all seriousness, we'll keep everyone in the loop as we learn more. It won't be long until our 2019 Northsky Blue Metallic LTZ is in our garage. 

• Like 5

At least you got to see your color in person before you take delivery of yours.  Contrats!  Have you picked out a name yet?

Posted (edited)

Nice truck, congrats!

Edited by Imcrazy

39 minutes ago, Imcrazy said:

Nice truck, congrats!

Weighs 7000#?? I think you're confusing GVWR with curb weight... Curb weight is the weight of the vehicle minus any passengers or cargo. ... It still has all the necessary equipment and fuel but doesn't have any added weight that isn't built into the car. The gross weight refers to the car's total weight when it has added passengers and cargo.

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Pickup truck

Towing capacity: 5,600 to 9,400 lbs
MPG: Up to 18 city / 24 highway
Curb weight: 4,517 to 5,333 lbs

Yup, that's embarrassing. I'll fix it. :lol:

3 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

At least you got to see your color in person before you take delivery of yours.  Contrats!  Have you picked out a name yet?

Yeah, I was so nervous! Thankfully it's a wonderful deep blue metallic that looks sweet.  No name yet. We have to take it for a spin first before we know what he wants to be called. :lol: 

• Like 1

As you know im not fond of the new design but honestly it looks pretty good in this blue color, interested to see what you do with it

• Like 2

Nice. I tend to be a blue truck guy, but took a break from crazy upkeep by going silver for a change.

Definitely looking forward to seeing this truck develop. Is it a crew or double cab?

That is a darn nice color... I may consider going away from dark gray on my next truck if that shade is still available when it's time for a new truck in another 3-4 years..

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:09 AM, GPGuy said:

Definitely looking forward to seeing this truck develop. Is it a crew or double cab?

They ordered crew.