2015 Suburban LT horrible FM Radio Static

Hello first post. I have a 2015 suburban with horrible FM reception. I have replaced the  Radio, HMI and antenna booster. no change.

I'm hoping to find out if anyone has had this problem and was able to repair. My next attempt will be to use an aftermarket FM window antenna to replace the OEM in glass antenna.

Could there be another module causing maybe the control bezel?

Did it just get bad, or has it always been bad? Are you the first owner, is it the factory windshield? If it was replaced, are you sure it is hooked up correctly? Is it possible A lead is busted at the connection to the glass? Have you chased the antenna cable all the way from the glass to the radio?

there is a way to do continuity testing on the plug that goes into the radio, to determine if it is connected into the antenna., they can check to make sure it is not dead shorted to the body.

do you have any other aftermarket crap that could be generating interference?

• 4 months later...

I've had the same problem, along with HD radio CONSTANTLY switching off and on, from Day 1 purchase of my 15 tahoe. Took it in to the dealer several times and said nothing is wrong with my radio !! Their only advice was to shut off Hd switching before adding station to preset to stop the switching. Fast forward 3 yrs and now display only shows station numbers that are on - no song or station names. Noticed Timestop feature also quit around then too. I'm not sure if it's related or coincidence. Hmmmmm..... why did I pay so much more for "better" sound system ?????

Note : we also bought a 2015 2500 hd silverado and it gets the same radio stations in perfectly

Edited by Not loving tahoe anymore

Poor radio reception as attenna is on passenger rear window cargo area ,poor deseign.  A roof antenna  would be an issue for roof clearance for underground  parking  car washes etc. The sirius antenna is on roof sharkfin doubles as a onstar . Its a stategic way get you subscribe  to Sirius  even kia minivans  have  fm antennas  on both rear windows  thats how it should have been done