2019 Silverado Gas Gauge - low fuel light

I have over 2,200 miles on my truck and really like it.  A few minor issues:

• My gas gauge hits E and low fuel light comes on after consuming 21 gallons.  So, I have over 5 gallons and approx. 100 miles left before running out.  This is about 2 gallons too early IMO.  Is anyone else experiencing this?
  • Also, I have a few times where the indicator lights don't come on my heated seat buttons.  The seats still heat up, just no lights.
  • After adjusting the volume from the steering wheel, the volume graphic will sometimes stay on the display in the dash.
  • After remote starting, I will enter the cab and after hitting the start button, a warning will appear on the display: "Service Steering Column Lock".  I'll hit the check mark to dismiss and it goes away.

I hope they come up with fixes for these items.  Thanks.

• My gas gauge hits E and low fuel light comes on after consuming 21 gallons.  So, I have over 5 gallons and approx. 100 miles left before running out.  This is about 2 gallons too early IMO.  Is anyone else experiencing this?
  • Also, I have a few times where the indicator lights don't come on my heated seat buttons.  The seats still heat up, just no lights.
  • After adjusting the volume from the steering wheel, the volume graphic will sometimes stay on the display in the dash.
  • After remote starting, I will enter the cab and after hitting the start button, a warning will appear on the display: "Service Steering Column Lock".  I'll hit the check mark to dismiss and it goes away.

Prime reason not to buy in the launch year. Always lots of issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DHOLM said:

Also, I have a few times where the indicator lights don't come on my heated seat buttons.  The seats still heat up, just no lights.

I have had this happen once on my 2019 high country - on the drive home from the dealer.  We had all front and rear seat heat on when the lights stopped working.  The seats heated as usual just no indicator lights by the buttons.

Not true, my 2014 was a launch year when I purchased it and I didn't have a single issue with it the 5 years I owned it.

Well in fact it is true. I had a 2014 with lots of issues. A few GM could solve.
My brother had one from the 80s and a first run. Also many issues.
You, just got lucky.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DHOLM said:

Since you only have a 24 gallon tank the low fuel light appears correct.  Did you get the latest downloads?  Go to "Settings", "System", "About". 

Build1.jpg

1 hour ago, whaler said:

Well in fact it is true. I had a 2014 with lots of issues. A few GM could solve.
My brother had one from the 80s and a first run. Also many issues.
You, just got lucky.

Well, I guess I got lucky too. Other than a few recalls , I had no issues with my 14 Sierra. The recalls were fixed with software updates except one that entailed the seatbelts. Not many issues at all. My 19 is trouble free so far. The low fuel does come on with 3 gals left. I don't think it's an important issue.

16 hours ago, jamiehag said:

Not true, my 2014 was a launch year when I purchased it and I didn't have a single issue with it the 5 years I owned it.

The 2014 I traded in was purchased in 2013 and never had the first issue. It was a great truck.

16 hours ago, DougFL said:

Since you only have a 24 gallon tank the low fuel light appears correct. 

Agree.  In case you did not notice DHOLM, the fuel tank got smaller for 2019.

17 hours ago, jamiehag said:

You got very lucky.  There were more recalls and TSBs on the 2014s than any other model for many years.  

The gas gauge hits empty and the fuel warning light comes on early on my 2018 Silverado. I have like 80 miles left and it's on empty. I've gotten used to it. Might be a good thing, I'm bad about driving vehicles on fumes.