Love my 2019 Denali but couldn't believe my eyes when i came out this morning and saw water on the back passenger side seat. 6 month old 65K truck and it leaks!!! Did a quick search and found others with the exact same problem and the exact same location. Will be calling service center in the morning.  Here's another one I found. I took videos and pics if anyone is concerned what to watch for.

My son is allergic to mold for me this problem is larger than most. Attached a pic of the headliner, can see how soaked it gets.

IMG_20190217_155756.jpg

Edited by kyleb
added pic

• 1 month later...

I have a 2019 Chevy Trail Boss and just noticed water on the backseats after it had been raining. What was the determination of where the water was coming from. Is it the rear window or the headliner. I am very upset w/ less than 3000 miles on it. One side of the seat is soaked. 

Mine was the rear window. 

They removed and re-set my current window; still leaked. 

My dealer said GM would not sign off on a window replacement so they removed the rear spoiler over the back window and added more sealant; still leaked. 

Finally after getting GM corporate involved my window was replaced.  My dealer said they found a hairline crack in my original window. 

My truck is now leak free. 

I do know that on the K2 trucks, if you aim the car wash or garden hose directly at the sliding rear window square section itself, water penetrates into the cabin.

I suspect T1 trucks do the same as the back window looks like the same design as on K2

• 8 months later...

My brother works for a local GM dealer and while my Denali was in for its first oil change i was talking to the service manager about some of these issues. He mentioned a possible recall for the 3rd brake light leaking water. He said a few have come in and because of the way it leaks, it looks like the rear window but they were able to see it happening from the 3rd brake light. Ask your dealers to check this before messing with the rear windows.

On 12/10/2019 at 7:34 PM, Dave heath said:

My 2019 was in the dealership for 7 days and all they did was seal it and it looks awful. I bring it home and put the hose in it and it’s still leaking.  My truck is 4 weeks old and brand new 

You can thank GM for this, yes the dealers should know that sealing it doesn't work and a full replacement is the only way this issue has been solved from others. Worse is most dealers have some oil change tech gooping sealant around the back window of your brand new 50+ grand truck! Gm would rather upset customers instead of doing this the right and correct way which is total replacement of the back window and seals. I swear everytime i think about upgrading my truck i come here and get grounded again asking myself why am i going to reward a company like this.

• 4 weeks later...

My 2020 AT4 with 700 miles (3 wks old) is leaking. Noticed it only when a rear passenger pulled out a wet seatbelt. Went to dealer and they were very familiar with this issue but claim it’s not a recall on the 2020. Service advisor said they have the parts but no “instructions” on how to repair it. He said the headliner and carpet may eventually need to be replaced. Note that there is a recall for the same problem for 2014-2019 models. Very disappointed. 

I have a 2019 High Country and went through the exact same issue.  Dealer was instructed by GM to remove the rear spoiler and apply sealant.  Didn't work.  Next fix was to remove the rear window and reseal.  Didn't work.  Finally had to replace the entire rear window and that solved it.  Dealer kept the truck for close to 7 days but they made sure they didn't return it until it didn't leak.  Make sure they test it with water before the return it.  My dealer was well versed in the process and made sure it was done correctly.

1 hour ago, 2019_Silverado_HC said:

I have a 2019 High Country and went through the exact same issue.  Dealer was instructed by GM to remove the rear spoiler and apply sealant.  Didn't work.  Next fix was to remove the rear window and reseal.  Didn't work.  Finally had to replace the entire rear window and that solved it.  Dealer kept the truck for close to 7 days but they made sure they didn't return it until it didn't leak.  Make sure they test it with water before the return it.  My dealer was well versed in the process and made sure it was done correctly.

It's clear that this issue stems from defective back windows. Sealant will never fix this issue, it will only piss off your customers GM!

leaking 2020 denali, but my carpets in front were soaked rear was wet driver side and damp passenger, been at dealer 8 days so far they say they gutted interior and ordered new carpet and resealed back glass but my truck had most of the water in front and I could even here it slosh back in forth when stopping or starting off and sounded like from front rockers or under dash. has anyone had success with the rear being resealed? 

• 2 weeks later...

3 weeks at dealer, said issue was rear window where defrost cable went in, void in urethane the size of little finger, repaired and said no leak now, waiting on new carpet to arrive.