My 2019 GMC DENALI 1500 is a piece of junk.

https://youtu.be/b3i6z--nLYk

Rear brakes randomly apply  , when this happens I can not go any faster than 5-10 mph . I have been to 5 different dealerships, no one knows how to fix it . When they give it back to me , all they have done is cleared the check engine codes and say it’s fixed.I have spoken with gm priority care with the senior advisors on multiple occasions to get it replaced or repurchased but have been given the run around. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and I currently waiting on that. This truck is great when it works and a hot stinky turd  when it is not. Should have waited for the 2020.

Edited by Kookin

Nice Truck... Goto the NHSTA website and file a incident report because this is a safety issue and not the first time this has happen to an owner. I am not saying this is common but a few owners have reported the brakes catching on and dragging. Check your Lemon Laws in your state and keep all your paperwork showing the work done on the truck. There is a software update for the brake e-boost which might not affect your problem, but worth looking into. The Integrated Brake Controller which is new on these trucks have had a some problems, hardware and software. Maybe the dealership you feel comfortable with might get the ok to replace something. Might search this website for the users with this problem and see how they got their problem fixed.

Edited by Rocz3cqg

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/16/2019 at 4:09 PM, Kookin said:

Rear brakes randomly apply  , when this happens I can not go any faster than 5-10 mph . I have been to 5 different dealerships, no one knows how to fix it . When they give it back to me , all they have done is cleared the check engine codes and say it’s fixed.I have spoken with gm priority care with the senior advisors on multiple occasions to get it replaced or repurchased but have been given the run around. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and I currently waiting on that. This truck is great when it works and a hot stinky turd  when it is not. Should have waited for the 2020.

You and me both Brother waiting for the BBB paperwork to arrive any day now.

• Sad 1

On 4/16/2019 at 4:09 PM, Kookin said:

Ever get this resolved?

Thanks

Jim

Government Motors.  Ha.  If only you knew.  Ford took money from the government in the past too, son.  But nice looking truck you got anyway.  As long as you're happy. 

• Like 2

On 5/15/2019 at 6:13 PM, Colossus said:

Government Motors.  Ha.  If only you knew.  Ford took money from the government in the past too, son.  But nice looking truck you got anyway.  As long as you're happy. 

He'll be "Ford sad" when he gets the bill for replacing the timing chains and cam phasers down the road. Not to mention enjoying the embarrassingly weak IWE 4WD system on the Raptor.

BBB goes NOWHERE.

State AG and Lemon Law it per State Law.

My truck is a Uhaul buyback by GM. GM sent it to auction. Ford bought it at Auction. I bought it cheap from Ford. Took to GM and made them fix it.

Or it was gonna get cycled thru the Auto Auctions 1 more time.

Edited by Paintor

Had sort of a similar problem on one of my past trucks, except mine would hold the brakes when taking off from a stop.  No dealer could figure it out so I was relentless with the dealer I bought it from and they gave me my money back and I bought another truck from them.  Later when talking to a guy at work about trucks he asked my how I liked the Hill Hold Feature on the trucks.  We figured out that when on any type of incline my brakes would hold and not release right away.  Had to be sensor related problem just don't know where it is.  Just something for you to ponder or go back to dealer and look in that direction.  And the reason they took the truck back is because all of this happened in the first 2 weeks I owned it.  They took it back to use as a demo

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HondaHawkGT said:

He'll be "Ford sad" when he gets the bill for replacing the timing chains and cam phasers down the road. Not to mention enjoying the embarrassingly weak IWE 4WD system on the Raptor.

Good for him!  At least he and his family will have a higher survival rate now and feel much safer in their Ford knowing they no longer have to constantly worry about unexpected loss of power steering, unexpected loss of braking, and unexpected oil line rupture resulting in total engine failure.  

• Like 1