I just completed a 6-inch suspension lift on a 2019 Suburban Premier 4x4.  The Adaptive Cruise control keeps stating "Temporarily Unavailable".  What do I need to do?  Recalibrate the radar box behind front bumper?  Relocate the radar box?  Is there any way to bypass the radar system and have standard cruise control???

Thank you for your help!

IMG_5719.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Any luck with this?  I just finished a 7" lift on my '17 Yukon XL and I am getting the same thing.

The module behind the front bumper has an adjuster screw, and I tried angling it down one turn at a time, but after 5 full turns it still does not work.

If I have to take it to a stealership I will, but I was hoping to find a DIY answer first!

• Like 1

Why wouldn't a dealer work on it?   

Even though my truck is out of warranty, adding a lift kit does not invalidate your warranty, so I don't see why a dealer would not be happy to take my money to adjust this.

Who knows. They may take a shot at it. If it only stopped after a 7" lift then the cameras and radar are so far out of whack it may never work again. Good luck though.

May never work again?  Pretty negative!  LOL

I am quite certain they can be adjusted, and if necessary, custom brackets fabricated.  

The lane departure and vehicle detection systems, which rely on the camera behind the rear view mirror on the windshield, seem to be working just fine.

I suspect the radar portion of the ACC is more sensitive, but there is absolutely no reason this can't be corrected.

I was just hoping I would be able to do it myself, but I will get it working one way or another.

• 1 month later...
May never work again?  Pretty negative!  LOL
I am quite certain they can be adjusted, and if necessary, custom brackets fabricated.  
The lane departure and vehicle detection systems, which rely on the camera behind the rear view mirror on the windshield, seem to be working just fine.
I suspect the radar portion of the ACC is more sensitive, but there is absolutely no reason this can't be corrected.
I was just hoping I would be able to do it myself, but I will get it working one way or another.
Any updates?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

No updates, I have not had a chance to get it to a stealership yet.   The truck did work great out deer hunting, it seemed very tall in my driveway, but is just right out in the rough stuff.

I did get accused of being some crazy city slicker for taking such a nice looking truck up some pretty ugly roads though!  LOL

• 7 months later...
On 11/11/2019 at 8:08 PM, AzCoronaDog said:

No updates, I have not had a chance to get it to a stealership yet.   The truck did work great out deer hunting, it seemed very tall in my driveway, but is just right out in the rough stuff.

I did get accused of being some crazy city slicker for taking such a nice looking truck up some pretty ugly roads though!  LOL

On 6/23/2019 at 9:48 AM, Jbg90199 said:

I just completed a 6-inch suspension lift on a 2019 Suburban Premier 4x4.  The Adaptive Cruise control keeps stating "Temporarily Unavailable".  What do I need to do?  Recalibrate the radar box behind front bumper?  Relocate the radar box?  Is there any way to bypass the radar system and have standard cruise control???

Thank you for your help!

IMG_5719.jpg

Any luck with getting the cruise control to work? I put an 8 inch kit on my 2017 Yukon xl Denali and took it to the dealer. They can’t do anything. They tried to recalibrate but no luck

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2019 at 11:08 PM, AzCoronaDog said:

Sorry for the delayed responses... I still haven't figured out a solution.  I changed my programmer to "Not" adjust for tire size and the sonar cruise works again.  I think it's something to do with calibration in the computer system for distance measurements for stopping or something.  My speedo is 5mph slow but everything works still.  I really want to find a relocation bracket so that I can do two things...1) add front tow hooks.  2) possibly change front bumper.  

On 7/14/2020 at 9:58 PM, k-man21 said:

Not sure what you guys expected. You modified your trucks (to the point of illegality) and expect everything to work perfectly? You made your bed, now lay in it.

Thank you for your constructive criticism.  Very helpful input.  Unfortunately, you are incorrect.  Everything does work perfectly with the exception of the speedo not stating the correct MPH.  I can use "Kentucky Windage" of +5MPH to be accurate (as long as I can have one hand free to use fingers) or I can simply look at the Waze MPH on the GPS which is more accurate. The Magnetic ride front suspension works great!  The rear auto leveling air works great!  Zero issues.

I need the lift and additional clearance because I actually use my vehicle in areas that require it.  We crossed a river 8 times this weekend with 35 inch tires under water.  I use 4WD at least 2-3 times per week.  If I'm going to spend $86k on a vehicle, I can assure you it will do what I want.  Not "I will do what it wants".  I've got nearly 30k miles on this lift setup so far.  Pulling heavy enclosed trailers, off roading and highway driving.  My tires look barely worn, gets great mileage still and will hurt peoples feelings red light to red light.  

On 7/7/2020 at 6:28 PM, prorang97 said:

Any luck with getting the cruise control to work? I put an 8 inch kit on my 2017 Yukon xl Denali and took it to the dealer. They can’t do anything. They tried to recalibrate but no luck

You wouldn't believe the looks and comments we got just yesterday riding down jeep trails in the Burb with 7 passengers...