Got an 02 Silverado, leveled and am looking into what would look better on the round body style trucks, a ranch hand or a frontier gear full replacement front bumper.

!BrWo1TQBmk~$(KGrHqEOKikEvMhnK7BJBLzTHUt+Kg~~_12.JPG

Here is the Frontier Gear Xtreme Full Replacement (they do not have a picture of a round body style, sorry)

And here is the Ranch Hand bumper

6741sz.jpg

Ranch Hand is a great product and I really like their pipe bumper, but only when they have a full brush guard. I think the Frontier Gear one is better looking with the bull bar. However, I think Ranch Hand makes similar bumper, but Im not sure if it is available with a bull bar.

The prices for either one is between 800-1000 shipped, the frontier gear just a tad bit more expensive. And I would take a full grille guard one, but I like the sleek look of the bull bar, I think it would complement a round body style and not make it so bulky.

• 1 year later...

I am just now seeing this thread, but I don't think there is as big of a difference as some people try to make. The Frontier seems less expensive but the full brush guard bumper looks sweet if you really look at it: http://www.builtfortrucks.com/frontier-truck-gear-diamond-steel-front-replacement-bumper/ . Or like you said you could just get the Ranch Hand Legend. If you're gonna shell out for a bumper I would get a full bumper over the bull bar one like already said.

If you're going to go to all the trouble of replacing your bumper, you may as well pay a few bucks more to protect your lights. The frontier looks nice, but the ranch hand is built really well. If you're paying a penny over $1200 you're paying too much, these don't cost much to make but the dealer will mark them up bigtime.

Hard getting bugs and such off of the tread plate pattern?

Mine is powdercoated (satin finish) so I just blast them off with a pressure washer. Powdercoat holds up really well, I haven't even seen any rock chips on mine.

200 bucks for mine and ive been thru a fence, ditch, and trees going 50 mph and sustained no front end damage thanks to my Trans4mer. Truck has rolled into a cement wall as well an received no damage. Plus you can add on for headlight protection and add offroad lights as well

Archived