My '16 Denali has 6660 miles on it. Still vibrating after several sets of tires. I'm also in the 70-80 MPH camp.

When it was in last week for another attempt to fix the vibes, they gave me a '16 Crew Cab Regular Box 4x4. Had that running at all sorts of highway speeds and rode like a luxury car. Wheelbase have anything to do with it maybe?

Anyone with a 6.5' bed Crew having the vibes?

Wheel base has no bearing on the shake. I have a RCSB and it shook awfully, but had the driveshaft trued and runs smooth as glass now!

RT

I was getting frustrated with my truck approximately 7,000 miles on it. The dealer originally road force balance the lousy Goodyear ls2 tires reducing the vibration to an acceptable level. But those tires are horrible.

I upgraded at 700 miles to Goodyear Wrangler AT much better traction and braking. The Goodyear store didn't have road force balancing though and after the first rotation and rebalance the vibration just got unacceptable.

Was really thinking about checking out the drive shaft. Then I just decided to have the tires road forced balanced. The shop had to remove all the existing weights and start over. One tire is out of spec at approximately 32 pounds the others were in the 20 lb area. The results were a very significant improvement or reduction in vibration.

My guess the vibration will come back in the next 1000 miles. If it does I will be seeking out a shop that will sell me a set of Michelins and road force balance them to 15lbs or less per the GM spec.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/UCM508457/SB-10059132-8827.pdf

Edited by DavidND

Wheel base has no bearing on the shake. I have a RCSB and it shook awfully, but had the driveshaft trued and runs smooth as glass now!

RT

Did it feel like a shaft wobble (i.e. bad u-joint) vs tire? They feel considerably different usually. Mine definitely feels like it's tire frequency, but it could be a harmonics issue I suppose.

Well bad news boys and girls. Just went and had the oil changed (free) on my truck... Yes even though my trade assist is going through at the end of this week, or sometime next week. I was talking to the shop foreman and he confirmed that the shake is NOT fixed on the 2017's. He advised to only get 18" wheels, he says the 16, 17, 20 and 22 inch wheels are the worst. He also said to stay away from the Denali, which I find odd, because of all of the trucks I test drove, the Denali's rode the best, with the least amount of shake. He has had a bunch more in for the shake, and said that its hard and frustrating to have to try to explain to a customer why their XX thousand dollar truck shakes and they can't fix it.

Now I'm seriously scared about my new one.

Well bad news boys and girls. Just went and had the oil changed (free) on my truck... Yes even though my trade assist is going through at the end of this week, or sometime next week. I was talking to the shop foreman and he confirmed that the shake is NOT fixed on the 2017's. He advised to only get 18" wheels, he says the 16, 17, 20 and 22 inch wheels are the worst. He also said to stay away from the Denali, which I find odd, because of all of the trucks I test drove, the Denali's rode the best, with the least amount of shake. He has had a bunch more in for the shake, and said that its hard and frustrating to have to try to explain to a customer why their XX thousand dollar truck shakes and they can't fix it.

Noooooooooooo

There's a shocker, What's the old saying about insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Very fitting for this situation, just keep on balancing, vector matching and replacing tires until the new platform get's released. I actually feel bad for the service departments left twisting in the wind to field all the pissed off customer complaints. To exacerbate the issue GM won't even pay for the work they do under warranty after a few attempts. "Vibrating as designed but within specs." At least pharmaceutical companies tell you the product you are buying is going to make you sick and $h!t yourself. GM really needs to mention this fact in their commercials and brochures. Possible side effects of buying our trucks or SUVs include motion sickness, headaches, vertigo and a feeling like someone just jammed a broomstick somewhere very unpleasant.

• Like 2

There's a shocker, What's the old saying about insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Very fitting for this situation, just keep on balancing, vector matching and replacing tires until the new platform get's released. I actually feel bad for the service departments left twisting in the wind to field all the pissed off customer complaints. To exacerbate the issue GM won't even pay for the work they do under warranty after a few attempts. "Vibrating as designed but within specs." At least pharmaceutical companies tell you the product you are buying is going to make you sick and $h!t yourself. GM really needs to mention this fact in their commercials and brochures. Possible side effects of buying our trucks or SUVs include motion sickness, headaches, vertigo and a feeling like someone just jammed a broomstick somewhere very unpleasant.

Nausea at the amount they cost for all these issues would be applicable too

Noooooooooooo

Unfortunately yes

@jesse D- any tips to get dealer to buyback? Mine is still in shop for first visit. (11 days and counting)

I'd be cool with a few grand trade assist as long as they don't make me get another truck!

I really want to just get a sedan at this point...

I feel that, I'm so disappointed I kinda wish I had gotten the Audi I was looking at. But I like trucks more

• Like 1

Mine vibrated at 26 miles, driving it off the lot on delivery. I got the "it's the tires" excuse and was told to drive it a bit to see if it got better. Wish I'd known.

See if they'll put your current tires on the Denali you want, and drive it. If your current set is supposedly RF balanced correctly, the new truck shouldn't shake. If it does, ask to try a different one.

Edited by UWSkier

https://www.activesuspension.com/suspension-kits/

has anyone tried anything like this? I'm sure it wont help with the vibration, but I'm just wondering.

EDIT:

according to this it might do something

Wow, that REALLY sux JesseD. Sorry to hear it.

Thru various sources I have read/learned a little about the Denali magnetic suspension. I can understand why/how the mag suspension would better isolate the passenger compartment and reduce the vibration felt in the cab. But it seems that, all the mag suspension is actually doing, is doing a better job at masking the the vibration than the conventional suspension does. The vibration is still there and most likely caused by a rotating part, or parts, of the drive train. And or maybe a frame or aerodynamic issue... or all of the above?

Regardless, I'm confident the GM engineers know what the problem is. Too bad GM won't be honest and fill us in on what the issue is. Hope and pray for a whistle blower. Where the hell is Wikileaks when ya need them!?!?

So, what's your game plan? Can you hold off on your deal with GM until the 2018's come out?

@jesse D- any tips to get dealer to buyback? Mine is still in shop for first visit. (11 days and counting)

I'd be cool with a few grand trade assist as long as they don't make me get another truck!

I really want to just get a sedan at this point...

I was originally looking at the Colorados and Canyons when I bought my vibrating Silverado. Wish I got one of those instead. I looked thru the mid size truck threads here on the site and vibration seems to be an almost non issue with the mid sizers. Canyon would be the bomb with a 5.3 LOL

Edited by Willyone