Mine vibrated at 26 miles, driving it off the lot on delivery. I got the "it's the tires" excuse and was told to drive it a bit to see if it got better. Wish I'd known.

See if they'll put your current tires on the Denali you want, and drive it. If your current set is supposedly RF balanced correctly, the new truck shouldn't shake. If it does, ask to try a different one.

The paperwork is already done, so the truck is all but mine. my dealer RFB my tires and I even went and have them verified at another independent tire shop. The tires are not the cause.

Wow, that REALLY sux JesseD. Sorry to hear it.

Thru various sources I have read/learned a little about the Denali magnetic suspension. I can understand why/how the mag suspension would better isolate the passenger compartment and reduce the vibration felt in the cab. But it seems that, all the mag suspension is actually doing, is doing a better job at masking the the vibration than the conventional suspension does. The vibration is still there and most likely caused by a rotating part, or parts, of the drive train. And or maybe a frame or aerodynamic issue... or all of the above?

Regardless, I'm confident the GM engineers know what the problem is. Too bad GM won't be honest and fill us in on what the issue is. Hope and pray for a whistle blower. Where the hell is Wikileaks when ya need them!?!?

So, what's your game plan? Can you hold off on your deal with GM until the 2018's come out?

It is what it is, I'm going to have to figure something out on my own. Unfortunately no, the deal can't be pushed to 2018.

Were you thinking that they had changed something on the 17's?

Manufacturers are constantly tweaking their processes to improve them. I was hoping that maybe they found something they could adjust to fix the issue

• Like 1

The paperwork is already done, so the truck is all but mine. my dealer RFB my tires and I even went and have them verified at another independent tire shop. The tires are not the cause.

It is what it is, I'm going to have to figure something out on my own. Unfortunately no, the deal can't be pushed to 2018.

Manufacturers are constantly tweaking their processes to improve them. I was hoping that maybe they found something they could adjust to fix the issue

Really sad they haven't been able to correct the issue on the 2017's...

• Like 1

Really sad they haven't been able to correct the issue on the 2017's...

Sad, but not at all surprising. Toyota had an issue with the Tacomas that they tried to fix but never completely solved until they released the redesigned truck. It had to do with a carrier bearing on the driveshaft I believe. i think it was made tolerable by shimming the bearing mount. I don't know all the details.

• Like 1

I found something interesting in rereading this bulletin again, each time get a little more info

1. pg 3 additional notes ; phasing is typical with these trucks - what does that mean

2. pg 8 pitchline runout bottom of page; it states that it will show as a first order tire on the PICO, so those that get good RFB and still have vibration, GM tells you to dig into the rear differential

3. pg 7 shimming options; this statement is made:

Options:

1. Originally, trucks were built with a 14 mm spacers under the transfer case (4WD only). In some cases, reducing

this shim to a 7 mm shim may correct the condition.

Since having the rear end checked and replaced in the first month I had my 2014 dbl cab se 5.3 4wd I have had zero vibes. Just sayin, happiness is possible. (Now 32k miles.)

My first time posting but have been reading through the forums. I have a 2015 chevy silverado 1500 LTZ Z71. I bought it brand new last September with 14 miles on it. The first day driving home I could feel a strong vibration and could see see the steering wheel vibrate and the passenger seat shaking and of course felt it in the driver seat. 1 year later with 12,000 miles on it I have been to the dealer 3 times and each time they road force balance. I have only been there 3 times because I do not drive the truck much. I had an outside mechanic look at the truck and he said all 4 tire are cupping which should not be happening. I called my dealer and the service manager said the he and two other techs did not see any cupping on the tires and the vibration was gone after the last road force balance. I have an appointment there tomorrow to have it checked out again. He said if it is the tires, due to normal wear, they are not covered. the truck has 12,800 miles on it and vibration issues documented since day one.

I found something interesting in rereading this bulletin again, each time get a little more info

1. pg 3 additional notes ; phasing is typical with these trucks - what does that mean

2. pg 8 pitchline runout bottom of page; it states that it will show as a first order tire on the PICO, so those that get good RFB and still have vibration, GM tells you to dig into the rear differential

3. pg 7 shimming options; this statement is made:

Options:

1. Originally, trucks were built with a 14 mm spacers under the transfer case (4WD only). In some cases, reducing

this shim to a 7 mm shim may correct the condition.

Phasing means that the phase of multiple things on the truck rotating at the same speed that have a slight imbalance match up to create a vibration at a higher amplitude. Because the tires have to rotate at different velocities in order for the truck to turn, the imbalance can be in different locations at any given time. imagine each tire as the face of a clock and consider that each tire has a high spot. one located at 12 one at 3 one at 6 and one at 9 o'clock. Ideally they would cancel one another out. Through the course of driving around and making multiple turns imagine all the high spots on each of the 4 tires is at 12 o'clock at the same time. In the first scenario each tire is separated by a phase shift of 90 degrees. In the second scenario there is no phase shift between the tires and the amplitude of each tire vibration combines. What may have not been felt when the high spots were out of phase is now very noticeable. I hope this makes sense.

Does anyone have a '14/'15 Silverado that has had NO vibration issues from the very beginning? (Not after a fix)

I love the style of the 14/15's and am starting the process of seriously looking. However, after discovering this thread, I'm not sure if it's even worth taking the risk of purchasing one only to have the vibration issue surprise me at a later date. Seems like every where I read information on these trucks this issue always comes up. Is it that prevalent? Should I just get the idea ow owning one out of my head and look at other trucks?

Good luck to those of you dealing with this problem.

Edited by Mond

Does anyone have a '14/'15 Silverado that has had NO vibration issues from the very beginning? (Not after a fix)

I

Mines been smooth from day I bought it except for 1 trip on I20 going into Augusta, GA. For a short stretch it had a shimmy type vibration in right lane only. Other than that instance, I've been more than pleased with ride.

My truck drove home very well

I replaced all tires by choice LS2's with Michelin Defenders

I replaced rear shocks because I wanted more control towing

I had a torque converter shudder I have cured

I love my truck

Tune and Exhaust next

• Like 1

My truck drove home very well

I replaced all tires by choice LS2's with Michelin Defenders

I replaced rear shocks because I wanted more control towing

I had a torque converter shudder I have cured

I love my truck

Tune and Exhaust next

Mind explaining what the torque converter shudder felt like and when it happened?

I've noticed on my truck the bed is not "perfectly" aligned, thoughts of that causing an aerodynamic vibration? I received mine from the dealership with too much air in the tires, I put them at the correct pressure with the rear ones being a little lower pressure. That seemed to help some, they're the crap goodyears though.