I call BS

You're welcome to call whatever you want, but that doesn't change the facts. there are members of this forum who went through 3 buy backs on their trucks, not to mention there are 462 people on this thread. and I have over 100 on a list who wanted to get a class action lawsuit going, but without any direct link to injury there wasn't enough money in it for any attorney to be bothered with it. You're also welcome to check out the thread link in my signature, there is a poll there asking people why they came to the thread and if they had sent me their information yet, notice that 110 of the people voted they were there for vibration. But again, you're welcome to call whatever you like.

Edited by Jesse D

Had my truck in for the Air Bag Recall, and mentioned my vibration is back........they did a Road Force Balance to solve it a month or so ago. They said they would do a PICO Test, and had 2 Techs working on the truck, and they would need the truck for two days (one Tech said "I've seen this before....likely the Differential" ). 6 hours after I drop off the truck, they said they did a Road Force Balance (again), and the vibration falls within specs....whatever that means.....picking it up this morning and returning the Traverse loaner (Thank God !)....we'll see.

Yet, the shop foreman at my dealership admits its a problem,and has had nearly 2 dozen of them there alone. He also says that all the GM 1500 trucks do it, its just a matter of how severe, and whether the driver notices/ considers it a problem. But please go on about how its only a few dozen with the vibration problem.

You're welcome to call whatever you want, but that doesn't change the facts. there are members of this forum who went through 3 buy backs on their trucks, not to mention there are 462 people on this thread. and I have over 100 on a list who wanted to get a class action lawsuit going, but without any direct link to injury there wasn't enough money in it for any attorney to be bothered with it. You're also welcome to check out the thread link in my signature, there is a poll there asking people why they came to the thread and if they had sent me their information yet, notice that 110 of the people voted they were there for vibration. But again, you're welcome to call whatever you like.

Think he was calling BS on that particular dealer seeing couple dozen trucks with the same issues.

Had my truck in for the Air Bag Recall, and mentioned my vibration is back........they did a Road Force Balance to solve it a month or so ago. They said they would do a PICO Test, and had 2 Techs working on the truck, and they would need the truck for two days (one Tech said "I've seen this before....likely the Differential" ). 6 hours after I drop off the truck, they said they did a Road Force Balance (again), and the vibration falls within specs....whatever that means.....picking it up this morning and returning the Traverse loaner (Thank God !)....we'll see.

I just heard that about a tire that went bad after 2k miles, basically means I have to replace if I want it any better than it is.

Hi , new to the forum.

I purchased a 2016 Silverado Crew LTZ in Aug. The truck has 2800mi. And has developing the "chevy shake" ! I kept telling myself that it wasnt there, but eveytime i get into my work van ,2016 2500 Express and my "beater"1997 Subaru Legacy with 220,000 mi ,not to mention the 2000 Tahoe Lt with Autoride that I sold to get this ,with 178,000 mi was also smooth( awesome truck btw) and they are all smoother than my $ 52,000 "new" truck! I cant deny thats its there Just as described in all othe previous post from 2014- 2015 trucks , 50 and 70 mph and above. I had hoped this issue would have been resolved at this point! I have not seen any concrete evidence of a rectified/universal repair at this point except for the trial and error at the dealers. I will be bringing it into the dealer shortly to attempt repairs , I was just wondering if I missed anything on the forum.

Just a little back gournd info also.... I spent almost 10 years as a service writer for GM stores from 2000 to 2009 so I am not new to the game.

Thanks for any positive feedback

• Like 1

This just in:

I have the 4.3, AFM transition V4-V6 vibration, plus V4 seems to always vibrate.

I see a PI (can't remember number) that addresses the AFM vibration problems, they have added an exhaust dampener (weight) right before the catalytic converter above the tranny cross member.

This was specific to 4.3, 1100 to 1400 RPM V4 vibration.....

However; I am starting to wonder if.... adding the dampener will eliminate resonance at other RPM ranges.

Basically, I am confusing exhaust resonance for vibration feels?

Tires may help to mask it, but wont fix it. depending on how old your vehicle is,

Think he was calling BS on that particular dealer seeing couple dozen trucks with the same issues.

I can say that I have personally seen 6 people come in for it just in the times that I've been there, and that doesn't include the 2 or 3 others that I heard them on phone calls with. so again, He's welcome to call it whatever he likes. but facts are facts

I just heard that about a tire that went bad after 2k miles, basically means I have to replace if I want it any better than it is.

the tire would likely still be under manufacturer warranty, and depending on how old your truck is, if they are the OE tires then the dealer shoulfd cover them under the basic warranty.

This just in:

I have the 4.3, AFM transition V4-V6 vibration, plus V4 seems to always vibrate.

I see a PI (can't remember number) that addresses the AFM vibration problems, they have added an exhaust dampener (weight) right before the catalytic converter above the tranny cross member.

This was specific to 4.3, 1100 to 1400 RPM V4 vibration.....

However; I am starting to wonder if.... adding the dampener will eliminate resonance at other RPM ranges.

Basically, I am confusing exhaust resonance for vibration feels?

Don't know about an exhaust weight, but they were doing a pressure adjustment for a while that didn't help

I've had this one saved for a while now on my amazon account. I like this one because it has the internal jounce bouncers which means you can run them with no air without damaging the bags. It comes with line to manually fill them, or you can buy an auto air compressor kit for around $400-500 doll hairs

Air Lift 88204 LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Air Spring Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IX0CQDS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_MrFgybB63MSHB

Thanks rdnck, this appears to be just what I need. I'm going to call them today ans see if they have an installer list for here in Dallas area. Being that I often camp in remote areas I'm thinking I should go with compressor kit as well. What do you think about that? Is it bulky and where abouts on the truck is it installed. Btw, are you going to install yours yourself? I'm impressed if yes :)

Thanks rdnck, this appears to be just what I need. I'm going to call them today ans see if they have an installer list for here in Dallas area. Being that I often camp in remote areas I'm thinking I should go with compressor kit as well. What do you think about that? Is it bulky and where abouts on the truck is it installed. Btw, are you going to install yours yourself? I'm impressed if yes :)

Not sure if I'll ever buy them personally, kind of on the fence of a 2500. That's why they're sitting in my wish list lol. If I were to buy them then yes I would install them myself. Doesn't look like much to it. As for the compressor you would want to mount it where it will stay relatively dry with good air flow and not get too hot, not many places on a truck for that, considering the engine bay gets quite hot lol. I'm sure any off road shop would be more than happy to install them, hardest part I think is running the lines for a compressor and the compressor wiring

Not sure if I'll ever buy them personally, kind of on the fence of a 2500. That's why they're sitting in my wish list lol. If I were to buy them then yes I would install them myself. Doesn't look like much to it. As for the compressor you would want to mount it where it will stay relatively dry with good air flow and not get too hot, not many places on a truck for that, considering the engine bay gets quite hot lol. I'm sure any off road shop would be more than happy to install them, hardest part I think is running the lines for a compressor and the compressor wiring

Thanks, good feedback. I going to quizz them about the compressor. I have a large compressed in my garage. So, I could air up at home before hooking up. I'm concerned about a slow leak and finding out when I'm about head home that they're empty. Maybe I'll just find a longer come-along so to make hooking up the chains on my load lever hitch easier, grunt, groan, lol!

No, these trucks don't all vibrate in spite of what the few that dominate this thread may say.

Having followed this topic daily since late in 2014 when I was about to buy a new Chevy or GMC 1500 worries about the vibration issue put those pl;ans on hold. Finally after talking to many, many owners with no vibe problems, and after the dealer let me take the truck home for four days of driving/testing with no obligation, I bought my truck in February 2015. Anything can happen I suppose but 20,000 + trouble free miles later mine is still a smooth vibration-free ride. Out of curiosity I've continued to talk to other owners and over two years of doing so have yet to find one that has the vibration problem.

Not saying it's not out there at all, but with over a million of these trucks sold there have to be some lemons. Been there and done that with another manufacturer and it's not fun so I definitely feel for the folks who do have this problem.

No, these trucks don't all vibrate in spite of what the few that dominate this thread may say.

Having followed this topic daily since late in 2014 when I was about to buy a new Chevy or GMC 1500 worries about the vibration issue put those pl;ans on hold. Finally after talking to many, many owners with no vibe problems, and after the dealer let me take the truck home for four days of driving/testing with no obligation, I bought my truck in February 2015. Anything can happen I suppose but 20,000 + trouble free miles later mine is still a smooth vibration-free ride. Out of curiosity I've continued to talk to other owners and over two years of doing so have yet to find one that has the vibration problem.

Not saying it's not out there at all, but with over a million of these trucks sold there have to be some lemons. Been there and done that with another manufacturer and it's not fun so I definitely feel for the folks who do have this problem.

Good for you sir. Glad you got one of the good ones. I am sure many have great trucks and no problems. Unfortunately I am not one of them. Around town and speeds under 65, I have no issues and love the truck, but Everytime I drive back to California from Vegas I feel exhausted when I get there because the truck shakes and vibrates non stop all the way there. I have a few videos I've posted here of the issue if you care to see them. I am taking her in on Saturday. I really hope it's a simple fix because I really want to love this truck, especially since I haven't even made my first payment yet.