I don't have a 4x4, and by shims do you mean the leveling kit shims? Or something different?

At first I was like, I'm taking the lift kit off asap but I honestly don't think the lift kit could cause that issues or I might be wrong. On the rear end it would be the bigger block under the leaf springs, and the front end just those plastic polymer and preload strut spacer in the front.

Mine does it around 80-90 accelerating hard only

The shims they put in go under the the transfer case or in you case under the tranny mount and the ones they put in the rear are a wedge block that pointed the pinion downward more so when a lot of torque is being applied the pinion doesnt twist up to far

Mine has not came back

What was your fix??? Mine only has blocks on the leaf spring and the front lift kit. That's it. No shims on the transmission/ I don't have a 4x4 so no transfer case or front diff.

So from your exp with your truck issue it is the lift kit???

My exact situation, was looking at an Audi S3...pulled the trigger on the truck though. Dang!

I was looking at the A6 and the S4. Then saw the truck and was like "yep, thats mine"

What was your fix??? Mine only has blocks on the leaf spring and the front lift kit. That's it. No shims on the transmission/ I don't have a 4x4 so no transfer case or front diff.

Its not lift kits

• Like 1

Test drove my cousins new 2016 Chevy the white one today with 200 miles and her truck does the same crap that mine with less then 6000 miles is doing the black one. So happy to say it's not the lift kit. Next step is to take the driveshaft to get checked out and hope that's it. I'll report back when I get the driveshaft back from the shop.

post-164277-0-82370900-1478647495_thumb.jpg

post-164277-0-38783300-1478647511_thumb.jpg

You will have to take it to the dealer and have them ride with you to hear the noise, they will not take it to that speed or drive it aggressive, and if it is the pinion twisting up under hard accel at high speeds then they need to put shims in, the rear wedge shim they put on mine is additional to the block that is under the leaf springs, and they put spacers between the transfer case and the mount but on yours they would put them under the tranny. You could also go to the part store and get some leaf spring clamps and put them 8'' behind the rear leaf spring block, that will help stiffen up the spring pack and stop the pinion from twisting up as far, it wont hurt the ride of the truck either. tThe clamps are cheap also

You will have to take it to the dealer and have them ride with you to hear the noise, they will not take it to that speed or drive it aggressive, and if it is the pinion twisting up under hard accel at high speeds then they need to put shims in, the rear wedge shim they put on mine is additional to the block that is under the leaf springs, and they put spacers between the transfer case and the mount but on yours they would put them under the tranny. You could also go to the part store and get some leaf spring clamps and put them 8'' behind the rear leaf spring block, that will help stiffen up the spring pack and stop the pinion from twisting up as far, it wont hurt the ride of the truck either. tThe clamps are cheap also

Test drove my cousins new 2016 Chevy the white one today with 200 miles and her truck does the same crap that mine with less then 6000 miles is doing the black one. So happy to say it's not the lift kit. Next step is to take the driveshaft to get checked out and hope that's it. I'll report back when I get the driveshaft back from the shop.

Im not saying its your leveling kit, im saying its probably your rear drive shaft angle when under hard acceleration at high speeds over 75mph like mine was. If you check the angle while sitting on level ground it could be ok, but when high torque is applied to the rear end like while driving at high speeds and then flooring the gas peddle the angle can be way out of spec, i think the reason for this is the spring are to soft for the first couple inches to give a better ride which then makes the differential twist up and down to much, that is why if you try the leaf spring clamps behind the block it will stiffen up the spring pack so it dont twist as much.

I know, but I was kinda concern at first. I thought it was the damn lift kit but thankfully my little cousin just bought her new Chevy and hers is doing the same thing mine is, so that rules out the lift kit. I'll look into the clamps, actually if you have pics that would be great! But I still want to get the driveshaft inspected at a driveshaft shop. Only then I'll be okay

Funny, I was told by the dealer that I would have to pay them to balance my duratracs before they would move on to pooming at the driveshaft. I asked for a road force balance and they didnt know what that was.....

Ask around for the name of the GM Zone Manager or better yet, everyone with a problem should post to social media: twitter and use @chevy or @chevrolet in their post. GM monitors social media for this stuff and that will get their attention believe it or not. I had a problem with ADT and raped them on twitter and got a direct message from corporate offering to rectify the problem

This is from twitter

"@chevrolet @JHNemechek The new Silverado shakes and vibrates on the highway. Has GM figured out this problem yet?

Use Facebook if you have it or twitter and put it everywhere. This is what it takes now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Family member (close) is service director for large chevy store. Has worked in chevy for twenty years. He has been told to take trucks in, rebalance wheels and send them on their way. If they come back replace wheels... said they had four more come in last week with bad vibration at 65-70mph. Secondary issues are hard shifting so there is def an issue with powertrain. I told him I found this string on the forum and he suggested passing along the info.

Might be an inconvenience to do so but bring it back for the same problem and continue to do so until they address. GM has zone managers that oversee dealers and manage recurring issues. They are well aware and if it is newer, you can force a buyback by GM. Buybacks go back to the dealer and they resell usually with a longer GM sponsored warranty as an incentive but you need to escalate it from the dealer level to get this resolved. Dealer will do nothing to facilitate a buyback

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My buddy has a 2015 and had hard shifting issues. At first he got the transmission is learning routine, After 6k problem was still there, took in for first complimentary service to local dealer, he bought the truck in Nevada at a different dealer, the only one he could find as a SLT with max tow and a leather bench seat in the front. Anyways, local dealer said maybe it just needed a reflash or program update. Local dealer calls back in 45 minutes and asks if he bought the truck brand new because it was 2 quarts low on transmission fluid. Topped the tranny off and it shifts just like is supposed to. Local dealer said the selling dealer should have caught it because it's parts of the process when receiving the trucks from the factory to check all fluid levels.

I've had a vibration with mine since I bought it with 8 miles on it, has about 6,000 on it now. Road force balanced tires 2 times, didn't really help. WELL! One of our techs found this today, and we checked another one with a vibration, and sure enough, same thing. Something with the left rear axle/face on the axle is out of round. I put a magnetic screw driver on the e-brake shoe as a reference. Watch the gap between the axle face and the screwdriver.

• Like 3