I noticed the other day that when cruising at 75-80 while my truck is vibrating if I'm going around a bend the vibrating isn't as bad doesn't go completely away but def gets better when turning one way or the other I was thinking wheel bearings

Just got the truck back from having the torque converter, transmission fluid and filter replaced. No more shudder while driving on the highway. Nice and smooth now. They performed the service per GM Bulletin PIP5337 even though I have a 2017 and the bulletin covers 2010-2016 MY.

This blows my mind...this is my ultimate issue with GM as a whole.

My truck shudders on the highway and despite having an 8 speed 2016, 2 different dealerships, and 5 different visits all yielded a operating as designed".

And yet a 2017 gets the PIP 5337 service. I'll always wonder how much better my truck would drive if all GM dealerships were consistent and not trying to save a buck.

Edited by SierraMyst
  • Like 2

They did another Road Force Balance and a PICO Test was within limits afterward. They did the same balance not too long ago.....Tech found one wheel had a mix of old and newer weights.....six of them on one wheel :shakehead:

6 weights isn't bad. they double stacked 2 full strips on 2 of my wheels

I noticed the other day that when cruising at 75-80 while my truck is vibrating if I'm going around a bend the vibrating isn't as bad doesn't go completely away but def gets better when turning one way or the other I was thinking wheel bearings

that is the exact opposite of many people. the shake going around curves is termed "Smooth Road Shake".

Big surprise, get the truck back and they tell me that the tread on my duratracs is causing the vibration. The did not test it above 65 mph and the result is "no mechanical concern."

I will be making another appointment to address this specifically. They said they have dealt with out of balance and bent driveshafts on these before but no attempt this time.

In the end I may go to a driveshaft shop and have mine trued like 07softail had done.

Dealer told me the vibe was being caused by the "aggressive tread" of my Bridgestone Duelers on my Sierra Z71. Must be that's what GM is telling the dealers to put out as the 1st excuse, then go on with the BS from there.

• Like 1

This blows my mind...this is my ultimate issue with GM as a whole.

My truck shudders on the highway and despite having an 8 speed 2016, 2 different dealerships, and 5 different visits all yielded a operating as designed".

And yet a 2017 gets the PIP 5337 service. I'll always wonder how much better my truck would drive if all GM dealerships were consistent and not trying to save a buck.

The PIP bulletin does not apply to the 5.3L. There is a different bulletin for that engine.

Dealer told me the vibe was being caused by the "aggressive tread" of my Bridgestone Duelers on my Sierra Z71. Must be that's what GM is telling the dealers to put out as the 1st excuse, then go on with the BS from there.

I have Duellers as my 22" wheels, have had 6 repair attempts and the tires replaced multiple times. they are giving you the typical lines

When you getting your new Denali interested in hearing your feedback or first impression on it

should be middle to end of this week. The paperwork was submitted last week and is being processed. I was told processing is 8-10 days, however they are allegedly pulling mine to the front because I've been waiting for so long.hopefully soon.

This is not a wheel problem. It is a flaw in the gearing per a service director at a GM store. Has something to do with gearing not being able to support tire size and a design flaw in gearing. They are hucking tires and wheels to keep owners at bay but if this is you situation bring it back over and over. Document it and then ask for the name of the GM zone rep and push for a buyback. I almost bought a 2016 until this person (a close relative) told me to stay clear and not buy one despite huge incentives.

I have Duellers as my 22" wheels, have had 6 repair attempts and the tires replaced multiple times. they are giving you the typical lines

I realize it's bullshit. These jerks must assume I/we just fell off the cabbage truck.

This is not a wheel problem. It is a flaw in the gearing per a service director at a GM store. Has something to do with gearing not being able to support tire size and a design flaw in gearing. They are hucking tires and wheels to keep owners at bay but if this is you situation bring it back over and over. Document it and then ask for the name of the GM zone rep and push for a buyback. I almost bought a 2016 until this person (a close relative) told me to stay clear and not buy one despite huge incentives.

Thanks... I am documenting everything. And in the spirit of cooperation, I am cooperating and will continue to do so, to a degree. I like my truck and truly do hope a dealer fix occurs, but I'm not too optimistic about that. I plan contact GM if no dealer fix is done after a couple of more visits, or if the dealer continues to try and bullshit me. My outlook is this; if you can't fix my truck ok, just tell me. Don't lie and or insult my intelligence.

I have no plans to just go away.

Sent you a pm

Sent you a pm

Family member (close) is service director for large chevy store. Has worked in chevy for twenty years. He has been told to take trucks in, rebalance wheels and send them on their way. If they come back replace wheels... said they had four more come in last week with bad vibration at 65-70mph. Secondary issues are hard shifting so there is def an issue with powertrain. I told him I found this string on the forum and he suggested passing along the info.

Might be an inconvenience to do so but bring it back for the same problem and continue to do so until they address. GM has zone managers that oversee dealers and manage recurring issues. They are well aware and if it is newer, you can force a buyback by GM. Buybacks go back to the dealer and they resell usually with a longer GM sponsored warranty as an incentive but you need to escalate it from the dealer level to get this resolved. Dealer will do nothing to facilitate a buyback

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Family member (close) is service director for large chevy store. Has worked in chevy for twenty years. He has been told to take trucks in, rebalance wheels and send them on their way. If they come back replace wheels... said they had four more come in last week with bad vibration at 65-70mph. Secondary issues are hard shifting so there is def an issue with powertrain. I told him I found this string on the forum and he suggested passing along the info.

Might be an inconvenience to do so but bring it back for the same problem and continue to do so until they address. GM has zone managers that oversee dealers and manage recurring issues. They are well aware and if it is newer, you can force a buyback by GM. Buybacks go back to the dealer and they resell usually with a longer GM sponsored warranty as an incentive but you need to escalate it from the dealer level to get this resolved. Dealer will do nothing to facilitate a buyback

Hope that helps

Good information. Thanks

Hope that helps

I agree very helpful thanks